Freedom of the Seas drydock

I understand that too. But I can tell you on our December cruise there hundreds of very upset passengers who had families on board and plans in each port that were cancelled. They were never informed about the propulsion problems until they were on board. I felt very sorry for them. It was not a happy cruise.

While there were certainly some upset passengers, I would definetly not agree that "It was not a happy cruise". We were on that week and had a great time as did most of the people we talked to onboard. It wasn't until we got back and I was reading cruise critic that i realized what a miserable time we had ;)

Edited by Mickeylee

While there were certainly some upset passengers, I would definetly not agree that "It was not a happy cruise". We were on that week and had a great time as did most of the people we talked to onboard. It wasn't until we got back and I was reading cruise critic that i realized what a miserable time we had ;)

Aren't you glad that you were set straight on that issue?

32 days till we sail on March 8th (honeymoon). So I'm concerned.

What's to worry about? Barring a catastrophic failure that requires immediate drydock (highly unlikely), you will still go get onboard and go somewhere warm and tropical. My #1 rule for happy cruising (and I know it's been said around here before) is to choose the ship as the destination and don't worry about the scheduled ports of call. This is your honeymoon cruise. Choose to be happy and have fun on it right now.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Fixipod issues qualify as small stuff in my book.

Edited by Capt_Confusion

What's to worry about? Barring a catastrophic failure that requires immediate drydock (highly unlikely), you will still go get onboard and go somewhere warm and tropical. My #1 rule for happy cruising (and I know it's been said around here before) is to choose the ship as the destination and don't worry about the scheduled ports of call. This is your honeymoon cruise. Choose to be happy and have fun on it right now.

I completely agree. By the way, what do you need to get off the ship for when it's your honeymoon…

Hello! My name is Kevin.

I completely agree. By the way, what do you need to get off the ship for when it's your honeymoon…

Hello! My name is Kevin.

Logic says just to make sure all the names match on each person's identification.....or carry a copy of your marriage license with you if it doesn't.

Logic says just to make sure all the names match on each person's identification.....or carry a copy of your marriage license with you if it doesn't.

I think he was saying that on your honeymoon you just stay in the cabin and let the motion of the ocean help things along. The ports are superfluous and incidental.

I think he was saying that on your honeymoon you just stay in the cabin and let the motion of the ocean help things along. The ports are superfluous and incidental.

No, the ship's rocking is BECAUSE of the honeymooners

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're also on the March 8 cruise, and I don't expect there will be any issues with the pods that will impact that cruise. Once they get an engineer down into the pod and assess the problem (which will probably happen today - if it hasn't already happened when they were in Coco Cay), I expect they can have the repair parts and ABB crew waiting back at Port Canaveral to install the fix in short order.

Hi Orville99! I'm on the March 8th cruise as well and i'm keepin the same optimistic attitude that everything will be fine by then! Come join us over on our little rollcall if you wish!

Jess, don't worry, it's going to be a wonderful cruise!!

Cheryl

I believe what he was implying is WHY would you need to get off the ship or come out of your stateroom during your Honeymoon. :D

Before yesterday I had never even heard of the term Fixipod - today, not only has that word become part of my vernacular, I am driving everyone at work crazy with other nautical engineering terms that I really should have no knowledge about! At this point I could probably fix the problem! LOL :eek::eek:

Great rule!!! The 4/19 Eastern Caribbean is only my fourth cruise. I made the first one stressful. The second one was much better. The one we took in December, I really enjoyed the at-sea days. Hey! I am getting the hang of this! I am really looking forward to this cruise and the at-sea days. I sorta look at the ports visits as an opportunity to peek/not peek my interest on whether I would want to make an extended visit (non cruise) at any one location.

Yep! Don't sweat the small stuff! And, some would say that in the big scheme of things, it is all small stuff. Have a GREAT HONEYMOON!!!

Before yesterday I had never even heard of the term Fixipod - today, not only has that word become part of my vernacular, I am driving everyone at work crazy with other nautical engineering terms that I really should have no knowledge about! At this point I could probably fix the problem! LOL :eek::eek:

LOL! Too funny! That's the spirit!! Here is a PDF. Drive them crazy with the Tech Guide in hand!

Tech+Guide_Azipod.pdf

Can anyone confirm what time Freedom docked in Falmouth? Was she in fact there by 10:00AM which is her scheduled arrival time? :confused:

Robyn -- Marine Traffic has them close to the Jamaica Coast at 13:08 UTC, which I think is 5 hours ahead -- that would have been around 8 AM. No updates since but I am not on the pay Marine Traffic. Is anyone?

We arrived on time at 1000 this morning

I would love to know what time you arrived in Labadee and when you departed. Also what the schedule is for Grand Cayman. Dec last tender was at 1:30. Appreciate your updates as far as schedule goes. Thanks

I haven't had the time to call RCI yet but I will do that by tomorrow. IF they tell me anything I will post it here.

And the list just keeps getting longer.......

Don't say that too loud in the Diamond club - everyone will start clicking their dentures:eek:

I would love to know what time you arrived in Labadee and when you departed. Also what the schedule is for Grand Cayman. Dec last tender was at 1:30. Appreciate your updates as far as schedule goes. Thanks

I haven't had the time to call RCI yet but I will do that by tomorrow. IF they tell me anything I will post it here.

They didnt go to LaBadee they went to Coco Cay!!!!

Apparently, making it from Coco Cay to Falmouth on schedule. A longer shot than LaBadee to Falmouth.
That's encouraging. Watching Western itineraries carefully as the ship's timing in getting into Port C affects disembarkation and embarkation for eastern itineraries.