Partner may not be able to make the cruise

nafanny29

Unfortunately my partner's mum is quite ill at the moment and looks like her recovery will be a while. We are due to sail on 17th August.

If she has to cancel Will I still be able to fly/cruise single, or can I change her ticket to a friend instead, or is it game over (I understand tickets are non-refundable)

I may be wrong but I think that as long an one of the original party remain that you can change the name of the other party, I recommend you contact Celebrity and ask!

This is what I understood to be the case as well, but second the recommendation that you contact Celebrity.

On our cruise in June a woman's husband couldn't make it and she brought a friend instead. The friend was complaining that although she didn't pay for the cruise she did have to pay for airfare. Based on that I assume it can be done for the cruise but not for the airfare.

Call Celebrity / Your Travel Insurance to find out exactly where you stand... different Insurance Cos are going to have different requirements.

Which is WHY we usually buy an All-Inclusive Pkg for our Cruise (Cruise - Choice Air - Insurance) thru Celebrity

If you have all your ducks in a row, and it being your "cruise partner" you'll be fine whatever you choose to do... Cancel entirely to be with her at this difficult time -or- replace her with an alternate (or even sail alone without her)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

You can change the name of a passenger on a cruise, but unfortunately you cannot change the name on an airline ticket. You need to go through your TA or Celebrity if you booked direct to change the name. Sorry about your partner's mum. I hope you can still enjoy your cruise

Yes, you certainly will be able to still cruise....the cabin is paid for since

you are sailing next month, right? Unless you feel like you want to stay

home for your partner? The cabin is yours.

Sorry about your partner's Mom.

I had a cruise booked and my dh found out last minute he couldn't go due to work, so my sister went instead. I think we changed passengers about 10 days before the cruise. Of course we couldn't change the name on the flight, so she had to purchase her own flight, but got a free cruise.

I suggest you call Celebrity and find out the latest you can change passengers, if that's what you decide.

Call Celebrity / Your Travel Insurance to find out exactly where you stand... different Insurance Cos are going to have different requirements.

Which is WHY we usually buy an All-Inclusive Pkg for our Cruise (Cruise - Choice Air - Insurance) thru Celebrity

If you have all your ducks in a row, and it being your "cruise partner" you'll be fine whatever you choose to do... Cancel entirely to be with her at this difficult time -or- replace her with an alternate (or even sail alone without her)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Unfortunately, Celebrity does not offer insurance in the UK, where the OP is based.

Otherwise, I think the advice given is correct for the UK. The OP should check with whoever the cruise/flight was purchased through. It is possible that it was a group booking through a travel agent and it is no telling what a UK TA will say! If the package was purchased through Celebrity, it is probably too late to change the name on an August 2014 flight. [it would possibly have been different for an August 2015 flight because flights are sold by Cleebrity differently in the UK.]

Edited by Project_gal

Thanks for all the replies.

I am hoping my partner will still be able to make it, it depends on how her mum does over the next couple of weeks.

I will call Iglu (where I booked our package) and see what the situation is with changing etc

Thanks again