Diamond+ Specialty Dining Coupon Question

Did a search and could not find an answer to my question. Would appreciate the help.

DH and I will soon be cruising on the Allure since reaching Diamond+. Been on Allure as a Diamond before, so we are looking forward to the CL. :)

Does anyone know on the Allure if we use one of our BOGO speciality dining coupons the first night as designated, it is then allowed for us to use the additional BOGO specialty dining coupon on a different night? Seems I remember reading this, but since BOGO coupon didn't apply to Diamonds, didn't pay close attention. Confirmation is appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by denamo

Did a search and could not find an answer to my question. Would appreciate the help.

DH and I will soon be cruising on the Allure since reaching Diamond+. Been on Allure as a Diamond before, so we are looking forward to the CL. :)

Does anyone know on the Allure if we use one of our BOGO speciality dining coupons the first night as designated, it is then allowed for us to use the additional BOGO specialty dining coupon on a different night? Seems I remember reading this, but since BOGO coupon didn't apply to Diamonds, didn't pay close attention. Confirmation is appreciated. Thanks!

This is dependent on management on the ship, so it not predictable. Sometimes it's refused. Sometimes they may you pay for both nights on night 1 and allow you to come back another night without paying.

We've done it twice so far this year - on Independence and Legend. We did have to book and pay for the 2nd visit on the first night since that is the only night the offer is valid. But don't see a big deal about that since it's going to go on your bill whether you pay the 1st night or the 6th night!

Marianne

We've done it twice so far this year - on Independence and Legend. We did have to book and pay for the 2nd visit on the first night since that is the only night the offer is valid. But don't see a big deal about that since it's going to go on your bill whether you pay the 1st night or the 6th night!

Marianne

Can you choose a different restaurant for the second night?

Can you choose a different restaurant for the second night?

Again, depends on the management. Since they have to charge you the first night, you would likely be stuck with whatever you decided that night.

On Freedom last Apr we went to Chops first night and paid for both Chops and Portifino. Ate at Dhops the first night and at Portifino later in the cruise.

I am hoping to be able to do this on Allure in Nov but will have to wait and see.

Again, depends on the management. Since they have to charge you the first night, you would likely be stuck with whatever you decided that night.

Yes every ship & Cruise is different. I have had ships the you could only use the coupon on a port day. Other ships that would let you use it on any day. Most made me pay on the first day, although one Chops manager said just let him know when I walked in that I wanted to use a Coupon and he only charged me for one person. So you never know until your are on the ship.

We've done this on several ships in the past, eating in different restaurants on each occasion. The only proviso is that you have to book and pay on day 1 of the cruise.

On Allure in March we only wanted to eat once at a Speciality Restaurant (150 Central Park). We went along there just after boarding and booked for later in the week but paid there and then using the voucher.

Can you use it for lunch at Giovanni's if they allow you to book the second reservation the first day?

Gwen :)

Don't see why not, but again, depends on that ship's management.

I've never asked to use the second coupon for another night but decided to try it for the first time last week on the Enchantment. I got a definite "NO".

Personally I don't think we should be able to use it another night as there are other coupons that we can't use, are not convenient or we don't meet the conditions.

M

I've never asked to use the second coupon for another night but decided to try it for the first time last week on the Enchantment. I got a definite "NO".

Personally I don't think we should be able to use it another night as there are other coupons that we can't use, are not convenient or we don't meet the conditions.

M

Just in case you don't know this, on some ships/cruises, especially on the longer cruises the restaurant managers will encourage you to use your other coupon. So why shouldn't we be able to use it another night in that case? Edited by FLACRUISER99

Marianne

:):)

In April of this year, we used my BOGO in 150 Central Park on the first night, then used DW's on night four, again at 150 CP. So, yes, you can get two dinners at half price on Allure with your D+ coupons.

We have used both of our coupons on at least five ships this year. Some we had to pay for both on the first night, others we paid on the night used, and not necessarily on the first night. Those ships were Serenade, Brilliance, Vision, Allure and Legend.

Each time we simply ask the host/hostess at the restaurant on embarkation day what is their protocol?

Edited by Tagsalong

In April of this year, we used my BOGO in 150 Central Park on the first night, then used DW's on night four, again at 150 CP. So, yes, you can get two dinners at half price on Allure with your D+ coupon.

We have used both of our coupons on at least five ships this year. Some we had to pay for both on the first night, others we paid on the night used, and not necessarily on the first night. Those ships were Serenade, Brilliance, Vision, Allure and Legend.

I have also used the 2nd BOGO coupon on many ships in the past. With the new discounts ( book 3 or more and receive %off cover charge) the "rules" are changing. We not allowed to use the 2nd coupon on Navigator in June. We did receive a 20% discount for booking dinner on night two. We had a discussion about the changes with one of the Speciality Restaurant managers. Just some of the new changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

I have also used the 2nd BOGO coupon on many ships in the past. With the new discounts ( book 3 or more and receive %off cover charge) the "rules" are changing. We not allowed to use the 2nd coupon on Navigator in June. We did receive a 20% discount for booking dinner on night two. We had a discussion about the changes with one of the Speciality Restaurant managers. Just some of the new changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been in dry dock for six weeks now, so some rules/procedures may have changed. We will be slipping back into the water this Sunday on the Freedom of the Seas and then, almost immediately afterwards, the Vision. We'll soon find out what they are allowing on these two ships. I'm sure HDs Michael R. and Sanjay K. will let us know.

Edited by Tagsalong

Princess offers FREE specialty dining to ANY full suite passenger on the first night...a really nice perk. One of many Princess has for suite guests. But...they don't have the CL! Looking forward to it on August 23rd.