Pre-Cruise Concierge on Star?

ShelleyK

My hubby and I are sailing on the Star in early Sept, nearly 4 weeks from now. We are in a suite, but have never rec'd the Welcome Packet/luggage tags that so many have referenced? We have no idea who our Pre-Cruise Concierge is? Or, how to contact anyone?

There really is no general help phone line for NCL, and my questions don't fall into a specific category as we are past the "planning" stage. I sent an email to the Latitudes dept and got a form email saying that my question will be answered in 3-6 weeks. I will be onboard by then.

This is our first experience with NCL and I am already disappointed. Any suggestions?

My hubby and I are sailing on the Star in early Sept, nearly 4 weeks from now. We are in a suite, but have never rec'd the Welcome Packet/luggage tags that so many have referenced? We have no idea who our Pre-Cruise Concierge is? Or, how to contact anyone?

There really is no general help phone line for NCL, and my questions don't fall into a specific category as we are past the "planning" stage. I sent an email to the Latitudes dept and got a form email saying that my question will be answered in 3-6 weeks. I will be onboard by then.

This is our first experience with NCL and I am already disappointed. Any suggestions?

Try 1-855-625-4283 to reach the pre cruise concierge desk. It is the same number for all ships all cruises.

A simple search on this forum using "pre cruise concierge" would have gotten you this number within seconds.

The pre concierge is in Miami. This thread has a lot of information about what they can do for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015099

Call 1-855-625-4283 during business hours (EST) and they will get a pillow, coffee/tea and towels menu emailed to you. You can make other requests not on the menu that are forwarded to your butler and/or concierge on board.

If you booked through a travel agent, the luggage tags were sent to them. I think they are mailed about 3-4 weeks out. The pre-concierge should be able to direct you to the right NCL department about the luggage tags. If you don't get them before you leave, just get them from the porters at the dock. Only tip about that is, be sure to write your stateroom number on yourself.

We are on this cruise next year. Have a great time.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Our experience has been that the "pre-cruise concierge" treatment is very hit or miss. Sometimes we get contacted, sometimes we don't. DW is off to Alaska on the Pearl this weekend in a suite, and hasn't heard a peep from the pre-cruise concierge.

FYI- we have booked many times through a "travel agent" we always receive our luggage tags and welcome aboard letter directly in the mail from NCL.

Does travel agent in quotes mean an online TA? I've never used one of those so don't know how they work. My TA is a brick and mortar business in my town. She receives all communications from NCL first as the "owner" of the reservation and forwards them to us. For the luggage tags, she lets us know they have arrived and mails them to us. either way, the OP should be able to get them before a Sept. sail date.

Thanks everyone for the great information. I really appreciate it.

I love this website because we can all share information, and that's what most of you have done.

Cruisin and Relaxin, it would be nice if you keep your judgments to yourself. I was looking for information, not harsh comments. Yes, I guess I would have searched that at some point, if others did not answer.

When you answer someone on this forum, you should not make them feel bad for asking a question. We can all learn from each other.

Thanks everyone for the great information. I really appreciate it.

I love this website because we can all share information, and that's what most of you have done.

Cruisin and Relaxin, it would be nice if you keep your judgments to yourself. I was looking for information, not harsh comments. Yes, I guess I would have searched that at some point, if others did not answer.

When you answer someone on this forum, you should not make them feel bad for asking a question. We can all learn from each other.

When you try to find information about something on this (or any other) forum, it is common courtesy to try and find the information yourself first and ask only if you don't succeed or need clarification etc - I don't think that any reply in this thread has included harsh comments, just an advice to help you get your answer instantly because this particular matter is very frequently discussed here.

The whole point of old discussions being available and the whole search function is that new people can benefit from old discussions without the need to start new threads for trivial questions so that people can focus on discussions instead of copy-pasteing answers to FAQs.

Yes, unfortunately I know that it still happens frequently on this big forum with a lot of people without proper knowledge of netiquette, but attacking ones that try to educate you about it is totally uncalled for.

As you said yourself: We can all learn from each other. That goes with you also.

Edited by Demonyte

Comment -

It would be nice if the most popular and frequently asked questions were

placed in a "STICKY" thread to expedite the SEARCH function.

Like ebay when you use too little or too much information the results are

muddled and the direction you are directed to is "Hit & Miss" !

In any event it is always nice to be Cruise Critic NICE - everyone who comes

here has to learn the ropes and navigate yet again another forum.

It would be nice if the most popular and frequently asked questions were

placed in a "STICKY" thread to expedite the SEARCH function.

Unfortunately this is not going to happen as there are no moderators here who would be active in discussions and updating such thread. If somebody from us members did it, it'd be a monsterous thread with hundreds and hundreds of separate messages with off-topic messages in between and wouldn't help anybody.

I've been a member of several forums where admins are actively a part of community and on those forums these kind of sticky threads do work.

I so apologize for upsetting anyone in any way. I was looking for answers and obviously, according to several of you, I have gone about it in the wrong way.

As I said, no one should be made to feel bad for asking a question. Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened.

No need to apologize, but..

As I said, no one should be made to feel bad for asking a question. Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened.

..this was caused only by your overreaction. You were first given answer to your question, added with advise/statement on how to find the information yourself very quickly without having to ask. There has been no name calling or refusing to help you with your question etc.

Edited by Demonyte

When you try to find information about something on this (or any other) forum, it is common courtesy to try and find the information yourself first and ask only if you don't succeed or need clarification etc - I don't think that any reply in this thread has included harsh comments, just an advice to help you get your answer instantly because this particular matter is very frequently discussed here.

The whole point of old discussions being available and the whole search function is that new people can benefit from old discussions without the need to start new threads for trivial questions so that people can focus on discussions instead of copy-pasteing answers to FAQs.

Yes, unfortunately I know that it still happens frequently on this big forum with a lot of people without proper knowledge of netiquette, but attacking ones that try to educate you about it is totally uncalled for.

As you said yourself: We can all learn from each other. That goes with you also.

Thank you for responding to the OP for me and coming to my defense.

Your reply was spot on.

While I gave the OP exactly the info they wanted and attempted to educate them on how to obtain the info themselves in a faster fashion, I apparently ruffled their feathers.

I wish them a wonderful cruise anyways and intend to answer similar requests in the future in exactly the same manner.

I so apologize for upsetting anyone in any way. I was looking for answers and obviously, according to several of you, I have gone about it in the wrong way.

The real answer is that suite guests (or any guest) should NOT have to scour an internet forum in order to figure out how to obtain the services they've bought and paid for.

The only information I can find about the pre-cruise concierge is on thehaven.ncl.com - it says "already booked? Our Elite Pre-Cruise Concierge will arrange your dining, spa and entertainment requests before you even set sail. Click here!" When you click here, it takes you to the regular MyNCL page which has zero info on the pre-cruise concierge.

It's stupid. The pre-cruise concierge should just be eliminated... NCL markets it, makes it near impossible to figure out how to reach them, and provides a service which is inconsistent, at best.

Edited by triptolemus

This is what I found on NCL's press release when the pre concierge started.

"Norwegian Cruise Line (“Norwegian”) today announced the launch of a shoreside concierge desk exclusively for guests with reservations in the line’s most luxurious accommodations, The Haven by Norwegian. Beginning today, the concierge desk provides pre-cruise assistance enabling guests and travel partners to pre-arrange a variety of services and amenities."

I know that every time we've been in the Haven or DOS we've received a letter from the pre concierge without asking. One of the CC members started a post after this announcement stating that it was for all suites. I have no idea if that's true, but I do know our experience. If someone has a location where NCL states that it is for all suites, I can't find it. I do know that if you call them no matter what suite your in, they attempt to help you.

Perhaps someone might be interested enough to contact NCL and see what the policy really is?

Edited by rvsullivan

This is what I found on NCL's press release when the pre concierge started.

"Norwegian Cruise Line (“Norwegian”) today announced the launch of a shoreside concierge desk exclusively for guests with reservations in the line’s most luxurious accommodations, The Haven by Norwegian. Beginning today, the concierge desk provides pre-cruise assistance enabling guests and travel partners to pre-arrange a variety of services and amenities."

I know that every time we've been in the Haven or DOS we've received a letter from the pre concierge without asking. One of the CC members started a post after this announcement stating that it was for all suites. I have no idea if that's true, but I do know our experience. If someone has a location where NCL states that it is for all suites, I can't find it. I do know that if you call them no matter what suite your in, they attempt to help you.

Perhaps someone might be interested enough to contact NCL and see what the policy really is?

The services of the pre-cruise concierge were marketed directly to me, verbally, last year, when booking a penthouse suite on the Jewel. The services of the pre-cruise concierge were again marketed to me verbally when I booked my upcoming PH suite on the Star. Those same services were, once again, marketed to me verbally just two months ago when I booked our PH suite on the Pearl for 2015. I can say with confidence that the pre-cruise concierge is intended for all suite guests.

The services of the pre-cruise concierge were marketed directly to me, verbally, last year, when booking a penthouse suite on the Jewel. The services of the pre-cruise concierge were again marketed to me verbally when I booked my upcoming PH suite on the Star. Those same services were, once again, marketed to me verbally just two months ago when I booked our PH suite on the Pearl for 2015. I can say with confidence that the pre-cruise concierge is intended for all suite guests.

So, the answer is no, you don't have anything in writing that contradicts what is spelled out by NCL in their press release?

Who gave the verbal marketing info?

I'm sorry but I must be missing something. Is there a limited amount of server space such that duplicate threads cannot be started??? Is the "cloud" being filled beyond capacity???

We all have the ability to ignore any or all threads. If it is your opinion that someone has asked a "trivial" question, then you have the right to move to another thread where you can focus on another discussion.

There are plenty of duplicate threads and I would imagine that most people could care less which thread they got their answers from, just that they got their answers.

To the OP, I would have passed on the telephone number and e-mail address for pre concierge services (just received my package today for a Sept cruise), but they were already posted by others. Hope you have a great cruise.