Solo cruise credits?

phabric

Thanks,

A friend of ours sails solo with us at times. I was just wondering if he has reached Platinum yet to get free internet minutes. I just sent our TA a E-mail and will get the answer in the AM.

Why don't you ask your friend? He should know.

I have traveled solo 5 times on Princess and when I check my account only 1 cruise gave me 2 credits, does anyone know if they will give the credits now? I cruised in '04, '05, '07, '08, '09. I will call them when they open and find out and post the answer here.

I have traveled solo 5 times on Princess and when I check my account only 1 cruise gave me 2 credits, does anyone know if they will give the credits now? I cruised in '04, '05, '07, '08, '09. I will call them when they open and find out and post the answer here.

They will. They are good about that sort of thing. Sounds like you're gonna be close to Elite soon.

They absolutely will give you credit. If they find your cruises in the system, you'll be credited. Very curious why you weren't given the credit after you took your cruises? Did you book through a TA or Princess direct?

Princess has not always given double cruise credits for sailing solo. It's a fairly recent thing. Someone on here should be able to tell you when it started but I would guess most of your solo cruises were before they started giving double credit. You can always call Princess and ask but don't be surprised if they tell you some of your cruises aren't eligible for double credit.

I know, isn't that wonderful. How sick is it to work till the next cruise! I can't get enough......I need a twelve step program for cruise addiction!

HI HO!!!

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go..........

HI HO!!!

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go..........

Yep! And, as long as I continue to cruise with no revolving charges and pay the cruise in full before each cruise [with no credit card debt], I will have to go off to work! Once I stop working, I'll have to carry a balance and then pay it off........I'm going to hate that! I'll be working until I die!!!! It's so worth it! ;)

Thank you both. I am a solo cruiser and you would not believe how adamant some people feel about that....they think we shouldn't get double credits.

You are getting credit for the imaginary passenger Princess thinks is in your room with you. :) I think solos should also get double everything else. Double the free drinks at the Captain's Circle party!

You are getting credit for the imaginary passenger Princess thinks is in your room with you. :) I think solos should also get double everything else. Double the free drinks at the Captain's Circle party!

I like the room stewards who leave 2 chocolates at turndown, but I refuse to ask for it!

Hi,

I think it is great that Princess provides solo cruisers with the additional cruise credit. According to the Princess website, they started providing solo cruisers with the additional credit in late 2008:

Question: Will I receive multiple credits for my previous Princess sailings on which I paid for and sailed in a full suite and/or paid exclusive occupancy?

Answer: We will begin adding multiple cruise credits for passengers who sail in a full suite and/or at exclusive occupancy fares beginning with sailings that begin on or after December 7, 2008. One cruise credit will count for each cruise beginning prior to December 7, regardless of cabin category and fare.

I did solo cruises with Princess in 1995, 1997, 1998 and 2002 and did not receive the additional credit. However, I received the additional credit for solo cruises in 2013 and 2014.

Chuck

Hi,

I think it is great that Princess provides solo cruisers with the additional cruise credit. According to the Princess website, they started providing solo cruisers with the additional credit in late 2008:

Question: Will I receive multiple credits for my previous Princess sailings on which I paid for and sailed in a full suite and/or paid exclusive occupancy?

Answer: We will begin adding multiple cruise credits for passengers who sail in a full suite and/or at exclusive occupancy fares beginning with sailings that begin on or after December 7, 2008. One cruise credit will count for each cruise beginning prior to December 7, regardless of cabin category and fare.

I did solo cruises with Princess in 1995, 1997, 1998 and 2002 and did not receive the additional credit. However, I received the additional credit for solo cruises in 2013 and 2014.

Chuck

Chuck, thank you for the clarification on the dates.

I find that work gets in the way of cruising. I have another 29 months to go...

Actually I'm hoping to take the last two months off as vacation so that would make it 27 months to go. I'm taking 12 days vacation in November and, with Veteran's Day and two days for Thanksgiving I'll really only work the first 5 days of that month so that brings it to 26 working months to go. But who's counting? :D (12 days of vacation gets me 23 days off in a row. Sweet!)

My income will drop when I retire but I will be able to watch for last minute deals after final payment is due and will (hopefully) be able to jump on them for great pricing. One can always hope.

This made me smile. You sound just like I did before I retired. You've clearly given time off a lot if thought...as did I! Hang in there. Retirement is great!

Absolutely! Almost worth getting old for. :)

Yep, it is. Actually between my gov't pension and Social Security I net about $600/month more than when I was working. :-))) So that helps paying for my cruises.

Edited by Treven

Yep, it is. Actually between my gov't pension and Social Security I net about $600/month more than when I was working. :-))) So that helps paying for my cruises.

WHAT?????? Okay, what am I doing wrong? Oh, I know, I work for a non-profit not the profitable government. Bad planning on my part!

Although, I shouldn't complain, all the new hires will NOT have a pension and must rely on their 401k's to subsidize their retirement! :o:

Edited by wizard-of-roz

...Although, I shouldn't complain, all the new hires will NOT have a pension and must rely on their 401k's to subsidize their retirement! :o:

OT: Yup, two-tier system where I worked for years. Those who started a few years ahead of me got nice pensions with no self-contributions; I got a 403b I had to contribute to if I wanted any employer match at all.

Edited by Ryndam2002

OT: Yup, two-tier system where I worked for years. Those who started a few years ahead of me got nice pensions with no self-contributions; I got a 403b I had to contribute to if I wanted any employer match at all.

Exactly. I feel badly for the younger employees who don't have the same benefit package. Of course, here in L.A. the taxes are so high very few employers can afford to give their employees much of anything in the way of a benefit package.

Now, with good money management I will be able to continue to cruise once I retire......which I hope is sooner than later!

I was fortunate in that I had 25 years in with The State (CA for those not on the Left Coast) so yes I was able to get a decent retirement, not as good as those who got 100% of their income, but it's OK. I'd paid into Social Security for close to 50 years, so I net $1400/month from there.

I was fortunate in that I had 25 years in with The State (CA for those not on the Left Coast) so yes I was able to get a decent retirement, not as good as those who got 100% of their income, but it's OK. I'd paid into Social Security for close to 50 years, so I net $1400/month from there.

I will only have 20 years with the state (CA) but it will be enough. I'll be 2 months short of 64 on my "official" retirement date and I am NOT working past 64!!!!!

We want to cruise, drive across the U.S. and see new places and things, camp, drive to Alaska, cruise... Did I mention we want to cruise once in a while?

(Now if only my stupid body would quit breaking. Sheesh...)

I will only have 20 years with the state (CA) but it will be enough. I'll be 2 months short of 64 on my "official" retirement date and I am NOT working past 64!!!!!

We want to cruise, drive across the U.S. and see new places and things, camp, drive to Alaska, cruise... Did I mention we want to cruise once in a while?

(Now if only my stupid body would quit breaking. Sheesh...)

I retired with 30 years at a municipal water district. Yeah PERS! I'm just glad I got in and out before all the cuts.

I retired with 30 years at a municipal water district. Yeah PERS! I'm just glad I got in and out before all the cuts.

Yes!, yea PERS. Plus working for a municipality you probably had a 457 Plan as well, which also helps. I worked until I was 66 - I wanted to get my full social security.

Edited by Treven

Yes!, yea PERS. Plus working for a municipality you probably had a 457 Plan as well, which also helps. I worked until I was 66 - I wanted to get my full social security.

Yep. I socked a lot of money away into that 457. I retired at 60 so not collecting SS yet. Isn't retirement grand? I don't know what the next generation will do. It would be hard to save enough to retire with no pension plan. I guess we hijacked this thread so I apologize to the OP for that.

Yep. I socked a lot of money away into that 457. I retired at 60 so not collecting SS yet. Isn't retirement grand? I don't know what the next generation will do. It would be hard to save enough to retire with no pension plan. I guess we hijacked this thread so I apologize to the OP for that.

The reason I'm familiar with munis and 457 Plans is that I spent 25 years working for the State's 457 Plan; I was a research analyst for their 457, 401(k), and interfacing with the State's 403(b) Plans.

Edited by Treven