Ultimate Dinner Package Question:

dongordon

NCL say you dont have to book you just turn up however on the Epic in June we did this and were told we would have to wait 30 minutes as we were meeting people we went to another restaurant.My advice is if you take the package book your table

This is what NCL says:

" Reservations are not required however table availability will be guaranteed for Ultimate Dining Package guests with 24-hour advance reservation."

I concur with this information.

Also - I asked my PCC about booking some dinner reservations now (before we board) and that was the information he gave me (above).

He said that if you want to book now, then you have to pay. But, you are guaranteed a table with at least 24 hours notice.

Sara

This is what NCL says:

" Reservations are not required however table availability will be guaranteed for Ultimate Dining Package guests with 24-hour advance reservation."

Yes, this.

That is different than the person who said you don't have to book, just turn up. One can't do that expecting to be seated wherever and whenever he wants.

My wife and I were in the Haven the first time we had the UDP. We were able to walk up and get in without issues, even if the restaurant was booked solid (restaurants reserve tables for Haven guests to do this). Now if you aren't Haven, results may vary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I were in the Haven the first time we had the UDP. We were able to walk up and get in without issues, even if the restaurant was booked solid (restaurants reserve tables for Haven guests to do this). Now if you aren't Haven, results may vary.

So every single specialty restaurant keeps enough tables open for every single Haven guest who has UDP at every single dining time? No way. There have been plenty of Haven guests who have reported differently on here. I'm sure you might often have success, but it would be impossible to guarantee that.

I know when I dined in Le Bistro there was not one single open table while I ate. If a Haven guest had walked up, unless someone was asked to stand and hold their dinner, the walk up guest would not have been seated.

So every single specialty restaurant keeps enough tables open for every single Haven guest who has UDP at every single dining time? No way. There have been plenty of Haven guests who have reported differently on here. I'm sure you might often have success, but it would be impossible to guarantee that.

I know when I dined in Le Bistro there was not one single open table while I ate. If a Haven guest had walked up, unless someone was asked to stand and hold their dinner, the walk up guest would not have been seated.

My point is that The Haven guests have preferred seating everywhere, and that non-Haven guests will wait. Le Bistro was shown as sold out one night of our sailing, and Adrian (Haven concierge) reserved us a table anyway. Haven guests can easily reserve tables on sold out nights. It is one of the perks. All you need to do is flash that card (or have the concierge book it if it is totally sold out). We've bumped non Haven guests several times.

Edited by UPNYGuy
Adding info.

I concur with this information.

Also - I asked my PCC about booking some dinner reservations now (before we board) and that was the information he gave me (above).

He said that if you want to book now, then you have to pay. But, you are guaranteed a table with at least 24 hours notice.

Sara

If you have purchased the UDP, then you already have paid. Does the reservation system ask you to pay [again] even if you already have paid for the UDP?

If you have purchased the UDP, then you already have paid. Does the reservation system ask you to pay [again] even if you already have paid for the UDP?

Unfortunately, yes. From home. I'm told that I will be able to call someone once i board to make the reservations for the days and times that I want.

I'm hoping NCL does a better job with the system soon. :rolleyes:

Sara

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I didn't have that experience. I purchased the UDP for the two of us, and when I reserved specialty dining, the prices came up as $0.00 for the included restaurants and for the first night's Illusionarium dinner show.

No. We made all of our reservations online and didn't have to pay anything, not even for the member of our party who didn't have UDP. We paid for him after we ate.

My point is that The Haven guests have preferred seating everywhere, and that non-Haven guests will wait. Le Bistro was shown as sold out one night of our sailing, and Adrian (Haven concierge) reserved us a table anyway. Haven guests can easily reserve tables on sold out nights. It is one of the perks. All you need to do is flash that card (or have the concierge book it if it is totally sold out). We've bumped non Haven guests several times.

Big difference between having a concierge reserve a table and telling people that tables are always kept empty just in case a Haven person walks up. I just didn't want you misleading people since that's blatantly false.

Big difference between having a concierge reserve a table and telling people that tables are always kept empty just in case a Haven person walks up. I just didn't want you misleading people since that's blatantly false.

We've had absolutely no issue getting tables at last minute on sold out dinner nights even without a reservation on the Breakaway. And YES, tables are kept open for Haven guests. Adrian confirmed that. Just a select few (like 1 or 2)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The original question was "With the Ultimate Dinner Package, can I eat there every night on my cruise if I wish"?

The responses about the reservation process, although good to know, is not answering the original question. I think they just want to know if they can eat in the same restaurant every day (with the dining package) as opposed to being forced to eat in a different or all the specialty restaurants.

LrgPizza said yes so I assume that is the answer.

The original question was "With the Ultimate Dinner Package, can I eat there every night on my cruise if I wish"?

The responses about the reservation process, although good to know, is not answering the original question. I think they just want to know if they can eat in the same restaurant every day (with the dining package) as opposed to being forced to eat in a different or all the specialty restaurants.

LrgPizza said yes so I assume that is the answer.

I think the answer is yes, but you are still expected to make a reservation 24hrs in advance. Without that reservation the answer, I think, is still yes but you will have to wait.

I think if you showed up at any restaurant, you may have to wait unless you had a reservation, regardless of the dinning package. The difference being, with the dinning package they will somehow squeeze you in. Without the dinning package, you may not get in at all.

They must hold tables back for just such an occasion. I've had them tell me they were booked solid and walking by you can see half the tables empty.

I didn't have that experience. I purchased the UDP for the two of us, and when I reserved specialty dining, the prices came up as $0.00 for the included restaurants and for the first night's Illusionarium dinner show.

Same here

I totally hope you are not on my upcoming cruise (grin)

- LadyStone aka "non-Haven guest who will be making specialty reservations"

Don't worry. That doesn't happen. Any reservation you make will be honored. Your reservation will never be bumped by a Haven guest showing up.

Can we eat at the sushi bar in Jasmine using the UDP?

Of course you can, but you will have to pay since it is not included in the UDP.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app