Honeymoon on the PG

cmil1

I am taking my future wife on her first cruise and my second. We will be going on the PG on Aug 14th. I am wondering how much do the excursions cost? I am interested in doing the waverunner and scuba diving. I know she would like to snorkel and probably do some kind of land adventure. We are both very excited. I know it is hard to say how much i can expect to spend beacuse there is so much to do but fo rhtose that have been and done an ample amount of stuff how much did you spend in addition to the cruise. After listening to her about this wedding I hope we just relax too.

Thanks-

Here are some of the rates off of the 2003 shore excursion price list:

Bora Bora Circle Island Waverunner $186 (per waverunner)

Bora Bora Off Road Adventure $75.00 per person

Bora Bora Helicopter $140.00 pp

Moorea Dolphin Watching $76.00

Moorea Off Road Safari $66.00

The rates range for all excursions from $36 (for a bus tour of an island) to $220 for a deep sea fishing excursion.

All of the individual dives appear to be $75.00. They also offer different dive courses ranging from $375-$600

Other than excursions, we did not spend much money at all on board.

Remember, tips are included as well as most beverages. They have several cocktail parties during the week. The only time you would purchase a drink would be before or after dinner in a lounge or during the day at the pool maybe. Good luck!

One thing to remember is that French Polynesia tends to be very, very expensive. That is one reason the PG is a very "smart" way to visit the area since your food and lodging is prepaid. So, yes, the excursions do tend to run on the high side as far as cost. For example, you can sit in a 4x4 doing a three hour tour with a total of 8 cruisemates and you quickly run through your head the total cost is over $500 for all of you. I cannot even imagine that you would spend close to that anywhere else in the world. It would be easy to hire a driver, rent a 4x4 for a 1/2 day, and still do it for less than a third of the cost on Moorea. Bottom line, though, is enjoy your honeymoon. If you spend $7000 total for the cruise, who cares if you spend another $1000 on the boat? It is a relatively small percentage of the trip cost no matter how many excursions you do. Also, you never know when you will be back.

Slippyfun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim B:

Our 4 x 4 driver told us that gas was costing close to $5.00 per gallon in FP That was one reason things were so expensive<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very possible.

During my trip in Europe (Germany, Belgium, France) gas prices were 1.10 Euro per liter.

1.10 * 1.20(low transfer rate , can be 1.22) * 3.78541 = $4.9967412

Less than 2 weeks till my dream Med vacation!

Splendour of the Seas May 15, 2004 (Europe!!!)

Century 07/12/03 Eastern Caribbean FFL-San Juan - St. Thomas - St.Maarten- Nassau -FFL

Komarno(Volga)07/91 Moscow - Astrahan' - Moscow (honeymoon)

Komarno(Volga)07/90 Moscow - Astrahan'- Moscow

Admiral Nachimov(or Nakhimov) (Black Sea)04/1986 Odessa - Batum

GO BRUINS!!!!

On the other hand, snorkeling excurions run $40 or so. And the three motus (private beach days) are all inclusive, free, and include snorkeling, kayaking, and windsurfing. All include all drinks, and one includes food. IMO the best three days of the cruise, for no additional cost.

Thanks

Richard icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Archived