Concierge and butler questions

Hi all

From reading many posts I'm aware of a lot that the butler does and a bit that the concierge does. I'd like to know a couple of other things if possible.

1. Can the concierge arrange things apart from dining, excursions etc? I'm thinking about a tour of certain areas of the ship like the galley or bridge or anything interesting to see? And if they can do they suggest things like this or do I ask?

2. Thinking of inviting a few friends for sailaway nibbles and a few drinks, nothing fancy, just to watch the ship sail out of Venice, can I ask the butler once on board or do I need to email guest services? There will be a few children so I'm just thinking m & m's and gummy bears for example or crisps and wine maybe.

Any other great tips most appreciated :)

Yes on #1. I really don't use the concierge, but others have reported that they can make dining reservations and reserve shore excursions for you.

Yes on #2. I guess you can ask when you get onboard, but I would also put the request in your email to the pre-concierge, right along with your other requests, like empty the fridge, certain snacks, pillow preference, etc.

Ask for anything your heart desires and if they can't do it they will tell you, but don't be afraid to ask.

Here is a list that someone once posted, with regard to what they were asking for:

1.Loungers on balcony instead of chairs

2. Refrigerator emptied

3. Pillow preference ( she actually brought it up, so we chose)

4. Coffee and tea preference (again, she asked, so we gave her our preferences)

5. Extra hangers in closet

7. Splenda as the sweetener for coffee

8. Chocolate covered strawberries at embarkation for sail away

9. Told her the kind of snacks we prefer, and to skip the canapé types as we don't like those.

10. Made both the show and dinner reservations, and asked her to note our anniversary on one of the reservations.

11. Towel preferences- she asked if we needed extra.

And here is the pillow menu:

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Reading Wedge

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Edited by NLH Arizona

Hi all

From reading many posts I'm aware of a lot that the butler does and a bit that the concierge does. I'd like to know a couple of other things if possible.

1. Can the concierge arrange things apart from dining, excursions etc? I'm thinking about a tour of certain areas of the ship like the galley or bridge or anything interesting to see? And if they can do they suggest things like this or do I ask?

2. Thinking of inviting a few friends for sailaway nibbles and a few drinks, nothing fancy, just to watch the ship sail out of Venice, can I ask the butler once on board or do I need to email guest services? There will be a few children so I'm just thinking m & m's and gummy bears for example or crisps and wine maybe.

We have been offered bridge tours by the concierge without asking. We asked for a galley (kitchen) tour and it was arranged. The head chef did the tour. We were in the Garden Villa on that trip and I can't say if that influenced his decision to arrange the tour.

Personally, I think the good concierges make various offers for suite guests in general without being asked. The not so good...ahhh :rolleyes:

Also realize that the wine wouldn't be complimentary....

Yes on #1. I really don't use the concierge, but others have reported that they can make dining reservations and reserve shore excursions for you.

Yes on #2. I guess you can ask when you get onboard, but I would also put the request in your email to the pre-concierge, right along with your other requests, like empty the fridge, certain snacks, pillow preference, etc.

Ask for anything your heart desires and if they can't do it they will tell you, but don't be afraid to ask.

Here is a list that someone once posted, with regard to what they were asking for:

1.Loungers on balcony instead of chairs

2. Refrigerator emptied

3. Pillow preference ( she actually brought it up, so we chose)

4. Coffee and tea preference (again, she asked, so we gave her our preferences)

5. Extra hangers in closet

7. Splenda as the sweetener for coffee

8. Chocolate covered strawberries at embarkation for sail away

9. Told her the kind of snacks we prefer, and to skip the canapé types as we don't like those.

10. Made both the show and dinner reservations, and asked her to note our anniversary on one of the reservations.

11. Towel preferences- she asked if we needed extra.

And here is the pillow menu:

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Reading Wedge

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Could you tell me how to contact the pre-concierge? Is there an email address for the one on each ship? I like the idea of asking for the refrigerator to be emptied and to let them know what pillows we like, because I know they are very busy that first day after everyone is on board and so it might be easier for them if they had this information prior to our cruise. TIA

Could you tell me how to contact the pre-concierge? Is there an email address for the one on each ship? I like the idea of asking for the refrigerator to be emptied and to let them know what pillows we like, because I know they are very busy that first day after everyone is on board and so it might be easier for them if they had this information prior to our cruise. TIA

Pre Concierge #855-625-4283 this is the number that I received back in January.

The pre concierge is in Miami - NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com. They will email you the pillow, coffee/tea and towels menu. They will forward your request for the fridge to be emptied to your butler on the ship. If it hasn't been done when you board, just ask the butler or room steward and they will take care of it.

The pre concierge is in Miami - NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com. They will email you the pillow, coffee/tea and towels menu. They will forward your request for the fridge to be emptied to your butler on the ship. If it hasn't been done when you board, just ask the butler or room steward and they will take care of it.
I didn't get an email or letter from them for my two cruises, I called to make dinner reservations and that is when I found out about the pre-concierge.

If you don't get something from them, give them a call.