Pick your Perk - Booking problem

kenevenpar

When it comes to Celebrity's Website to be honest NOTHING surprises me anymore. It is notorious for glitches. Which is precisely why when I want to book something I do it over the phone... I find that if you've done all your research ahead of time... Have notes in front of you that dealing one-on-one with a Celebrity Travel Rep can go quite well.

And the phone wait isn't usually very long...

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Has anyone tried booking a Pick your Perk online? When I put in the offer code "PYPBEV", I get a message that it cannot be processed. Is it me, or is this another IT snafu?

Ken

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the issue. Our team is aware, and hoping to resolve soon. Thanks!

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the issue. Our team is aware, and hoping to resolve soon. Thanks!

Any chance of extending the offers that expired July 31, such as the bonus points?

Some gave up trying to book by the deadline because they got frustrated between continually hitting snafus trying to book online and the long waits on hold when they tried to call.

Just tried to book on-line for 11/23 Eclipse Inside cabin.

First screen shows a price of $1,379 without any taxes/fees.

Click on Book Now and get a price of $1,799.00 without any taxes/fees.

Where did the difference of $420 come from? I am not talking about taxes/fees being added on because they are not added on in this one click.

Celebrity-get your Website fixed!!! This maybe considered a SCAM!!!

Celebrity-explain why the difference of $420 from one screen to the next even before I try to book/select a cabin other than staying within the same category.

Any chance of extending the offers that expired July 31, such as the bonus points?

Some gave up trying to book by the deadline because they got frustrated between continually hitting snafus trying to book online and the long waits on hold when they tried to call.

The new offer is even better

Just tried to enter my data/info to obtain the Birthday $50 OBC because I received an email from X. However, when I go to the page to enter the data I cannot enter any data. I even changed browsers and tried Chrome and still can't enter any data.

Anyone have a clue on how to do this?

Another glitch in the X Website.

Where did the difference of $420 come from? I am not talking about taxes/fees being added on because they are not added on in this one click.

Celebrity-explain why the difference of $420 from one screen to the next even before I try to book/select a cabin other than staying within the same category.

I am glad I'm not the only one that this is happening to.

Actually, it's the reason I came on CC tonight...trying to see if the problem had been discussed.

It has me puzzled :confused::confused::confused:

Exactly the same thing happened to me, the ACCC need to have a good long look. I admit I still booked it, but will probably never book Celebrity again I am so angry about it.

Edited by GUT2407

Im not sure why people would book directly unstead of through a TA that would give perks on top such as extra OBC?

FYI I don't book directly with a cruise line. I always use a TA. I first find a cruise, price it out, then call my TA.

Im not sure why people would book directly unstead of through a TA that would give perks on top such as extra OBC?

If you get the right travel representative at Celebrity, they will sometimes be able to offer you the perks of a TA. I know I have been accused of lying on this point but have now been successful twice. Plus, I had the most wonderful and knowledgeable rep at Celebrity, preceded by one that knew nothing! Glad I called back. This one was knowledgeable and so helpful was able to provide me everything I reasonably requested.

For the original post, did you happen to put in a state of residence or check the over 55 box? The original price you saw might have been with the resident or senior discount whereas you are not able to combine the discount with the perk your perk promotion -- so the price may have increased? Not sure if it was this or a plain and simple error on the website. Hope it all resolves in a timely manner and you are able to get what you want.

Just tried to enter my data/info to obtain the Birthday $50 OBC because I received an email from X. However, when I go to the page to enter the data I cannot enter any data. I even changed browsers and tried Chrome and still can't enter any data.

Anyone have a clue on how to do this?

Another glitch in the X Website.

Just tried to call x on phone. Technical difficulties. What a joke.

Just tried to call x on phone. Technical difficulties. What a joke.

Called again and got through. Spoke to 2 different X reps. Second rep said Birthday OBC only valid for new bookings. Already had a booking for that month, however, cannot apply OBC? So, asked to speak to a Supervisor. Took 25 minutes of my time to have X tell me that:

1. This is only for new bookings.

2. Since I booked through a TA, X Reps will not do anything.

3. Since I am on a Group Rate, this OBC does not apply.

4. There are only certain Categories that this OBC applies too.

My pint is why wasn't this specified in the email that we received?

X - again you are very poor in communication, Internet and service.

When you book with a TA you then have to do everything through the TA. Book directly with the cruise line and you can do everything through the cruise line.

Yes, I know that. However, when we received the email there were no qualifications. Another example of poor communication on X's part. Totally deceptive. My TA is handling it. Thanks!

My only experience with Celebrity on the phone has been a positive one. I was already booked on a cruise for next year. I called to switch rooms because my wife wanted a room with the bed next to the balcony. I got X on the phone, switched the room. She then told me that there was a 123GO incentive going on now and asked if I wanted to trade my $150 OBC for the Classic Drink Package. I said sure and took it. Seems like you can get incentive changes by calling X.

My only experience with Celebrity on the phone has been a positive one. I was already booked on a cruise for next year. I called to switch rooms because my wife wanted a room with the bed next to the balcony. I got X on the phone, switched the room. She then told me that there was a 123GO incentive going on now and asked if I wanted to trade my $150 OBC for the Classic Drink Package. I said sure and took it. Seems like you can get incentive changes by calling X.

Yes, I agree with you as I have had positive experiences with X. However, I post positives and negatives to ensure that others may learn the 'easy' way instead of the 'hard' way. This forum is the best to inform others and get answers that X cannot seem to provide.

X is not helping themselves when they leave themselves open to questionable practices or erroneous information. Just for this one cruise with X in November I have had two separate problems that caused me a lot of dissatisfaction with X due to their own lack of consistent knowledge of their own products and offers.

Will we continue to cruise X? Y_E_S - just as we will cruise RCI and Princess, too!

I guess that is what makes this forum a busy place. LOL

Yes, I know that. However, when we received the email there were no qualifications. Another example of poor communication on X's part. Totally deceptive. My TA is handling it. Thanks!

Did you read the fine print on the offer?

Birthday Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to 4-night or longer cruises or cruisetours for oceanview and above staterooms. OBC is $50 per stateoom . Cruise must be booked within sixty days of receiving Offer ("Offer Period"). One Offer per stateroom.

To redeem Offer, call 1-888-305-9153, visit http://www.celebrity.com and enter promo code BDAYOBC, or contact your travel professional.

Single occupancy bookings are eligible for Offer. Offer on cruisetours is based on the number of sail nights. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms. Refer to celebritycruises.com for complete terms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Did you read the fine print on the offer?

Birthday Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to 4-night or longer cruises or cruisetours for oceanview and above staterooms. OBC is $50 per stateoom . Cruise must be booked within sixty days of receiving Offer ("Offer Period"). One Offer per stateroom.

To redeem Offer, call 1-888-305-9153, visit http://www.celebrity.com and enter promo code BDAYOBC, or contact your travel professional.

Single occupancy bookings are eligible for Offer. Offer on cruisetours is based on the number of sail nights. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms. Refer to celebritycruises.com for complete terms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

No, I didn't drill down that far. My mistake on this one. Thanks for the info.

For the original post, did you happen to put in a state of residence or check the over 55 box? The original price you saw might have been with the resident or senior discount whereas you are not able to combine the discount with the perk your perk promotion -- so the price may have increased? Not sure if it was this or a plain and simple error on the website. Hope it all resolves in a timely manner and you are able to get what you want.

I actually do not remember:confused:. Having said that, I just put in age and state, and PYPBEV, and I get two offers. First a resident discount, in this case $300 for the cabin, and second, the "free" beverage offer. So, at least in this case, it is working as it should.

Ken

Edited by kenevenpar

The new offer is even better
The new offer is better for those who want Choice Air.

The old offer that expired on July 31 was better for those who wanted the bonus points

It appears that Celebrity Cruises has not come back here with any word about extending that offer.

Meanwhile, our friends who got frustrated in their repeated unsuccessful booking attempts are considering offers from other cruise lines.

Some of us are a lot more patient about dealing with Celebrity's booking problems than others. :)

• 1 month later...

We are having trouble as well. We booked a Sdney-NZ cruise and chose the onboard credit perk, however the booking went all the way through and took our money but then said Perk is invalid. Now we are stuck with a cruise that isn't as good value as we thought. 3 days trying to ring Celebrity but their Aus phone number always says engaged, so sent 3 emails, no response. Call America and they say they can not do anything because it is an Australian booking, but he did give me a different phone number. Called the new number and basically they won't give us the Perk because they say the cruise is already discounted. Then why put the 'pick your perk' on the site and let you book a cruise using your credit card then remove the perk?? Very unhappy :confused:

The best they can do is refund our money in 8 weeks time, so probably too late to book another cruise by the time we get our money back. Thanks to celebrity we will be missing out on a Christmas cruise this year. :mad:

I have tried the booking process on the website again and it still offers the same deal; but I guess that disappears when you pay for it?

Are we the only people having this issue?