Smoking on Liberty's topside decks

I am hoping someone can give me some information regarding where one can smoke topside. I have tried to research this, but there is conflicting info about it. Some say you can smoke on one side of the pool deck, another says only on deck 10. If its only on deck 10 is there any covered areas up there? The pictures I have seen of deck 10 all seem to be open with no covered areas.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to provide me with the correct info.

I am hoping someone can give me some information regarding where one can smoke topside. I have tried to research this, but there is conflicting info about it. Some say you can smoke on one side of the pool deck, another says only on deck 10. If its only on deck 10 is there any covered areas up there? The pictures I have seen of deck 10 all seem to be open with no covered areas.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to provide me with the correct info.

It's deck 10 (one deck above the pool) starboard (right) side. Small covered area where the DJ stands near the main pool and covered area where the deck chairs are stored middle-aft on starboard side. rest of area is uncovered. Smoking area starts about 30ft south of the door heading to the forward elevator (where the deck widens out) and runs starboard side to the aft of the ship.

Edited by Out to sea!

Out to Sea is correct. Smoking is only allowed on Deck 10 (Panorama Deck) on the starboard side of Liberty. We were just on Liberty this past April. We were on Valor last year and smoking was also allowed on Lido Deck 9 (pool decks), but that is only because Valor has not had the 2.0 upgrades yet. Those upgrades include the Guy's Burger joint and Blue Iguana Cantina on Lido Deck 9, thus eliminating the smoking there. We did notice that several days on Liberty they put nice, cushioned chairs and a tables with ashtrays out on Panorama Deck 10 for comfort.

It's deck 10 (one deck above the pool) starboard (right) side. Small covered area where the DJ stands near the main pool and covered area where the deck chairs are stored middle-aft on starboard side. rest of area is uncovered. Smoking area starts about 30ft south of the door heading to the forward elevator (where the deck widens out) and runs starboard side to the aft of the ship.

Can you still smoke outside on deck 3 Starboard side? I know last Oct on the Freedom you could smoke out there also. Just down from the lobby. It is all covered there.

Out to Sea is correct. Smoking is only allowed on Deck 10 (Panorama Deck) on the starboard side of Liberty. We were just on Liberty this past April. We were on Valor last year and smoking was also allowed on Lido Deck 9 (pool decks), but that is only because Valor has not had the 2.0 upgrades yet. Those upgrades include the Guy's Burger joint and Blue Iguana Cantina on Lido Deck 9, thus eliminating the smoking there. We did notice that several days on Liberty they put nice, cushioned chairs and a tables with ashtrays out on Panorama Deck 10 for comfort.

Very nice. They did not have those there in June 2013.

BTW, we sailed the Liberty pre- and post-2.0 upgrade and the smoking was in the same area both times (2011 & 2013).

Edited by Out to sea!

Can you still smoke outside on deck 3 Starboard side? I know last Oct on the Freedom you could smoke out there also. Just down from the lobby. It is all covered there.

The Freedom is a different class of ship than the Liberty. Smoking on Deck 3, starboard has never been authorized on the Liberty (Conquest class) as far as I know. Would have made life a little easier for me since I was on Deck 2, Starboard.

Edited by Out to sea!

The Freedom is a different class of ship than the Liberty. Smoking on Deck 3, starboard has never been authorized on the Liberty (Conquest class) as far as I know. Would have made life a little easier for me since I was on Deck 2, Starboard.

Freedom is a conquest class ship.

Right out from the lobby doors on the starboard side, There were ashtrays and benches. We had my time dining and we would go out for a smoke with our beeper in hand.

this was before the new smoking policy. I was wondering if this area has changed?

Very nice. They did not have those there in June 2013.

BTW, we sailed the Liberty pre- and post-2.0 upgrade and the smoking was in the same area both times (2011 & 2013).

They didn't have the tables and chairs set up there the first couple of days, but I think once they saw that area was being utilized by quite a few people, they put them out.

Freedom is a conquest class ship.

Right out from the lobby doors on the starboard side, There were ashtrays and benches. We had my time dining and we would go out for a smoke with our beeper in hand.

this was before the new smoking policy. I was wondering if this area has changed?

I stand corrected, Freedom is the last of the Conquest class of ships. That being said, I have sailed the Glory and the Liberty and I have never noticed smoking being authorized on Deck 3 on those two ships.

Edited by Out to sea!