VIFP (Loyalty) Question??

EL Capitan Z

Hello guys,

A quick ???

We are at 24 days (RED status) currently. I am cruising on the Dream in August for a 7 night cruise.

To become GOLD status we would need 25 days (we have 24). Since our upcoming DREAM cruise is 7 nights, will Carnival convert us to GOLD status on the second day so that we can participate in the GOLD status get together?

I would think they would but who knows....

Thx

The website still has me at RED. hmmm

Your VIFP status online will have you as Red as you are not officially credited those nights until after the cruise is over.

Your cruise documents for your upcoming cruise should list you as Gold.

Your VIFP status online will have you as Red as you are not officially credited those nights until after the cruise is over.

It takes a few days after your cruise for the online to be updated

The website will be red as they look at days sailed not days pay. Once you check in at the terminal so they know youare actually sailing you get credit for the days.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Forums mobile app

It will have you has red until it's paid in full once it's paid then the documents will state gold. I know I turn gold on this up coming cruise and my docs stated red and once it was paid in full it changed to gold.

But remember, as when dealing with a representative on the Carnival phone lines, what happens with one person does not necessarily happen with another.

Some have posted that they received their new updated status when they boarded, some say they didn't receive their new status until after their milestone cruise was completed and still some say their boarding pass reflected it online prior to ever boarding. It's a toss up!

This:

Go to Manage my Bookings:

Click on Cruise Details:

Click on View Cruise documents:

Check the box for Print General Information:

Click submit:

About half way down the first page you'll see guest: under that you'll see the name of the cruisers and under the name it will list your VIFP status

Ok so just to clarify, my wife and I are at 23 days currently. So as long as my next cruise with carnival isn't some one day cruise (which I guess doesn't exist). We will get to enjoy the perks of being a gold VIFP member since the start of my next cruise and not have to wait until we finish our next cruise???

Does this still apply if the last day of a cruise is your 25th? I'm 14 days away from Gold and we usually pick 7 day cruises, so if my calculations are correct, my 25th day will be the last day of my second 7 day cruise from now.