Creative Way to Give Cruise @ Wedding Shower

Singer4Him

Our DS is getting married in October and has already booked a cruise for their honeymoon. DH and I have paid the balance and would like to have a creative way to "give" it to them at their upcoming shower. I'm not that creative so I'm open for suggestions.

You apparently have access to their booking number. Is there a way to make a mock up on poster boards of their Sign and Sail cards, or final document that says Balance 0. and then write on the mock up something that looks like a stamp that says

PAID IN FULL on one, and LOVE, DAD and MOM on the other ?

You can use xxxx 's if you don't want to put their real numbers on the mock up. I don't know if there are some documents that you are not allowed to pint until the cruise is paid in full, so not sure what would work.

What a wonderful gift !

Our DS is getting married in October and has already booked a cruise for their honeymoon. DH and I have paid the balance and would like to have a creative way to "give" it to them at their upcoming shower. I'm not that creative so I'm open for suggestions.

11 years ago, son and daughter in law booked their honeymoon cruise. Son paid it in full.. DH and I upgraded them to extended balcony. At shower I had a huge box that was decorated/painted in the shape of the ship but it was all covered so that no one could see what was underneath. When she removed the sheets, she saw the box in shape of ship. With help it was lifted and there was a table, 2 chairs, bottle of champagne, and an enclosure to make it look like a balcony with a sign and sail card with pic of balcony and their new cabin number. Tears and loud comments of WOW were heard. A lot of hard work but really worth it. However you present it I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.

I think this is a great present. I would like to know how you paid off the cruise without them finding out. I know that I check my booking a couple of times a day to make sure carnival has not changed anything without me knowing. If anyone did that for me I would know in a matter of hours. Way to go!!!

I hope they have a great time and tell them for me HAPPY SAILING!!

You could get them one of the stuffed toy guys, a model of the ship, cruise ship robes, beach items, anything cruise related and then either print out a real receipt or one you make online that says it's paid off. Any way you do it they wil love it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I think this is a great present. I would like to know how you paid off the cruise without them finding out. I know that I check my booking a couple of times a day to make sure carnival has not changed anything without me knowing. If anyone did that for me I would know in a matter of hours. Way to go!!!

I hope they have a great time and tell them for me HAPPY SAILING!!

Fortunately for me, they are both busy and don't check often. :D