Celebrity Website Issues

nyfeds

Does anyone have any idea as to when the Celebrity website will be fully functional? We booked a cruise and have been trying to register on the site for about 3 weeks now and keep getting error messages. I contacted Celebrity and told them about my issue and they said they would speak with their IT dept. and that the website was under maintenance. Puzzling and very frustrating that it is taking so long!

Does anyone have any idea as to when the Celebrity website will be fully functional? We booked a cruise and have been trying to register on the site for about 3 weeks now and keep getting error messages. I contacted Celebrity and told them about my issue and they said they would speak with their IT dept. and that the website was under maintenance. Puzzling and very frustrating that it is taking so long!

There have been threads over and over and over about the Celebrity website. The issue has been ongoing forever. No sense in questioning it as it will probably never be fixed. Just move on because there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it, and, Celebrity is certainly aware of all the problems. Unfortunately, they choose to do nothing.

LOL! I am thinking that you must be new here if you are puzzled and frustrated about having problems with the Celebrity website after only 3 weeks.

The Celebrity website is infamous for problems, which have been ongoing for years.

Each time they fix something, it messes up something else.

About a year ago they even assigned an assistant VP to address the website issues, someone who mysteriously disappeared without a trace and was never heard from on Cruise Critic again after being bombarded with complaints about the Celebrity website.

Nevertheless, most of us just grin and bear it because we love Celebrity cruises, so we still post our complaints from time to time, but mainly try to maneuver our way around the website problems one way or another, as best we can.

In answer to your question

" Does anyone have any idea as to when the Celebrity website will be fully functional?"

my reply would be:

Probably not in my lifetime, but if you are very young, perhaps there is still hope for you. :D

Edited by fleckle

"You hit the nail on the head." Yes, I am new to Celebrity (we have cruised previously on Regent).

I would imagine the website won't be fully functional in my lifetime, either! :) Thanks for your reply.

I use Firefox, and I don't believe this is a browser issue. But, thanks for your responses.

It's not browser related as I've tried with all browsers on laptop and desktop and also tried on smartphone, a lot of mine was down to the website not being able to cope with a guarantee cabin, once they changed to me to an assigned cabin I could then get most things sorted, but the Payment Details link still shows "we'll be back shortly" holding page, as it has done for the last month that I've been booked! I don't know if everyone gets that issue or just certain bookings again - but if it's everyone I don't know why they don't just take the links down until they fix them.

Agree with others comments of don't know why it takes so long in this day and age to sort some web problems! I've mailed dpadmin.uk@rccl.com who've been extrememly helpful emailing me the things I needed that I couldn't access on the website, they also acknowledged they are aware of all the website problems but that they don't have any idea when they might resolve them! I've also finally had a response from the contactmichael email address just stating they are aware of the problems and working on them - as I've cruised with Celebrity before, as above poster says people put up with it because they know how good the end product is, but it's not a good impression to new comers to Celebrity

It's not browser related as I've tried with all browsers on laptop and desktop and also tried on smartphone, a lot of mine was down to the website not being able to cope with a guarantee cabin, once they changed to me to an assigned cabin I could then get most things sorted, but the Payment Details link still shows "we'll be back shortly" holding page, as it has done for the last month that I've been booked! I don't know if everyone gets that issue or just certain bookings again - but if it's everyone I don't know why they don't just take the links down until they fix them.

Agree with others comments of don't know why it takes so long in this day and age to sort some web problems! I've mailed dpadmin.uk@rccl.com who've been extrememly helpful emailing me the things I needed that I couldn't access on the website, they also acknowledged they are aware of all the website problems but that they don't have any idea when they might resolve them! I've also finally had a response from the contactmichael email address just stating they are aware of the problems and working on them - as I've cruised with Celebrity before, as above poster says people put up with it because they know how good the end product is, but it's not a good impression to new comers to Celebrity[/quote

Excellent response. Why should Celebrity guests "work around" and "move on" and accept their failing site and experience frustration after frustration at the most simple of tasks - registering on their site, for one? If Celebrity can't fix this once and for all, perhaps they should retain more competent IT personnel to seriously address these matters. We are first time Celebrity cruisers and while their product and experiences on Celebrity might be fantastic, their website, which is a major reflection of Celebrity, is pitiful!

Edited by nyfeds

I have had no problem with their website. I checked in online and ordered luggage tags which I received last week. I have been able to print xpress pass/docs and also signed up for a shore excursion paid for it and received a confirmation email from Celebrity. I have been able to search and find everythin from my labptop, work desktop and windows phone. I have never had an issue with their website.

With the last upgrade it seems that you have to actually log into your reservation, and use the drop down to the planner to look at shore excursions. There are pros and cons with the way you look at and order shore excursions now. You have to select next each time you pick something for instance how many, then it will bring up the guests name, pck them and next again....after you find that out it is easy peasy. We have an older browser for internet explorer at work and the website defintely doesn't like that but firefox worked. The last update requires a current version of internet explorer to work properly.

I guess I just have computer luck :D

Debbie

Our words for the booking of excursions via My Cruise Summary area, are definitely not easy peasy. We think we booked last one needed for our next cruise. The selection and booking set up was a mess and it called for same info repetitvely..Hope this was not the final version.Our res is now being updated so we'll know if it worked in abt a half hr. (We have firefox...)

We are pleased they are finally offering something for our port but booking it was rough!

-Hope they hire more reps for excursion booking by phone. A step back tech wise but better than what we had to use today!

I think it will be fixed by the Twelth of Never!

Edited by hcat

I have had no problem with their website. I checked in online and ordered luggage tags which I received last week. I have been able to print xpress pass/docs and also signed up for a shore excursion paid for it and received a confirmation email from Celebrity. I have been able to search and find everythin from my labptop, work desktop and windows phone. I have never had an issue with their website.

With the last upgrade it seems that you have to actually log into your reservation, and use the drop down to the planner to look at shore excursions. There are pros and cons with the way you look at and order shore excursions now. You have to select next each time you pick something for instance how many, then it will bring up the guests name, pck them and next again....after you find that out it is easy peasy. We have an older browser for internet explorer at work and the website defintely doesn't like that but firefox worked. The last update requires a current version of internet explorer to work properly.

I guess I just have computer luck :D

Debbie

Celebrity did confirm it was certain types of bookings ie. Mine was because it was a guarantee stateroom presumably that's why it's taking them so long to resolve as not everyone has the issues. I'm using Internet Explorer 8 so I should think that should be good enough for celebrity to ensure their website works with! But mainly Google Chrome. PS. The excursions are all in pre cruise planner under my celebrity for me so I don't have to go through the reservation bit. It's all very hit and miss but it really is time they paid attention and put the IT focus on the website that is needed. These days the web site is the first point of contact for a lot of potential customers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Debbie do you get any errors when you click on the payment summary icon? This has never worked for me just says "we'll be back shortly" not sure their definition of shortly is the same as mine though ;) just wondering if some can access this page at all as it's quite a key page and I can't see any payment details at all on my booking because of it. Thanks :)

Debbie do you get any errors when you click on the payment summary icon? This has never worked for me just says "we'll be back shortly" not sure their definition of shortly is the same as mine though ;) just wondering if some can access this page at all as it's quite a key page and I can't see any payment details at all on my booking because of it. Thanks :)

I had to book with a TA so I presume it's also costing them money, you'd think that would encourage them to fix it.

Took virtually all day yesterday to book the excursions that we want for our upcoming cruise - and THEN the wretched system decided to take the payment twice for them! Now got to make umpteen phonecalls to sort that one out. Don't you just love Celebrity

Sorry your excursions were double charged...good luck getting it sorted out. Can't you just cancel one of the dbl billed ones? Guess that would be too easy for the Celeb website.

ours did go through ok...there is no description listed for it beyond the title but we are hopeful details will be added eventually....they are just starting to work on that port evidently..

they also printed out ok...we are saving and printing everthying just in case it all disappears...

next steps will be final payment ..over the phone seems best way...then the other docs...and ordering luggage tags.

:confused:

No, I can see my payment summary. The only thing that is strange when I see the total payment is it looks like I paid more than was due but the difference is the items I ordered from gifts by Celebrity to be delivered to the cabin ie, liquor pkg, munchies, romance pkg.

When I ordered the shore excursion, it showed me what I order, who was b & the price, then you submit and it gives you a confirmation. Then I received an email from Celebrity confirming & noting the tickets would be delivered onboard to my cabin.

Perhaps the UK website is different???? I would hope we are all looking at the same thing :confused:

Debbie

Hi Debbie

One of the responses I got from Celebrity did say they were having issues with the UK website so think the IT guys in miami were then struggling to replicate some of the issues I think. But I'm sure some US guests also have Web site issues over the last few months as well from other posts I've seen?

I don't mind testing the uk site for them in exchange for a beverage package on my booking as I missed all the 123 deals by booking fairly late ;)

Hi Debbie

One of the responses I got from Celebrity did say they were having issues with the UK website so think the IT guys in miami were then struggling to replicate some of the issues I think. But I'm sure some US guests also have Web site issues over the last few months as well from other posts I've seen?

I don't mind testing the uk site for them in exchange for a beverage package on my booking as I missed all the 123 deals by booking fairly late ;)

LOL, wouldn't that be a grand trade off. Personally I think think their website is much easier to deal with than NCL's. A couple of friends of mine were traveling with them in May and I was looking for a bon voyage gift for them...it wasn't very clear where to find that section and had to call to get more info regarding them, etc. and I even had their reservation number and they had trouble finding them, yikes.

Some of the changes to the Celebrity website are not as nice as they were before but other areas are better...one thing about websites....they are constantly changing and we are always at the mercy of the programmer of the day, hahahaha. :eek: One thing I do know is that when reporting to support, be really specific as the more information the better the chance of them finding the problem. What error, what you did or what you were doing when you got the error, etc.

I hope it gets better for everyone that is having issues. I will continue to thank my lucky computer "gods". and counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds till I am on the Century one last time!!!!

Debbie

There have been threads over and over and over about the Celebrity website. The issue has been ongoing forever. No sense in questioning it as it will probably never be fixed. Just move on because there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it, and, Celebrity is certainly aware of all the problems. Unfortunately, they choose to do nothing.

I think that is a little unfair. I do a lot of programming and can tell you it takes a long time to work out some of these complicated systems. You don't roll out one little fix at a time, you have to, usually, make lots of changes before you roll them out.

Is the website a mess, absolutely! It has some serious flaws, but you can't say they are doing NOTHING just because you aren't seeing any changes, yet.

It would the height of bad management to not be doing something about the website.

LOL, wouldn't that be a grand trade off. Personally I think think their website is much easier to deal with than NCL's. A couple of friends of mine were traveling with them in May and I was looking for a bon voyage gift for them...it wasn't very clear where to find that section and had to call to get more info regarding them, etc. and I even had their reservation number and they had trouble finding them, yikes.

Some of the changes to the Celebrity website are not as nice as they were before but other areas are better...one thing about websites....they are constantly changing and we are always at the mercy of the programmer of the day, hahahaha. :eek: One thing I do know is that when reporting to support, be really specific as the more information the better the chance of them finding the problem. What error, what you did or what you were doing when you got the error, etc.

Debbie

Yep I've sent screen shots with all the details whenever I've had an issue and to be honest some have now been sorted now my cabin has been assigned. To be fair I do really like the look and feel of the website and it does look better than others I've seen for other cruises and seems quite intuitive to use. I just wish it wouldn't give me the "we'll be back soon" holding page so often ;)

I have three cruises booked. The B2B in 2016 is visible in My Reservations. I've recently booked an Alaska cruise in August 2015. Each time I try to add it I get, "Exception in com.rccl.command.ebiz.GetBookingOwnershipCommand." So frustrating!

Welcome to the crowd. It took the September Alaska cruise, but the excursions would get stuck pinwheeling trying to load. That improved but now it won't take my April Transcanal after dropping it. Called and was told to do already booked, and start checking in and that would load it. Didn't load on first page but did get the ID and passports entered and can get to it that way. I hope their navigation computers have different programmers!

Mike in San Antonio

Hi All

Flyingv4me I get an identical response to you - after many calls Celebrity told me the issue may be resolved in September - just would like to know in what year they are talking about ?

Tis indeed frustrating, can access my first booking, but not my consecutive, both on the same ship in the same month this year

Arrrgh ! First world problems :D