Neptune Suites by elevator

Toad

Just curious as we have booked an SC guarantee, and although we are very excited, I am hoping we do not get next to the elevator. Does anyone out there prefer those, and is it possible people book them on purpose? Can you tell me any upside to those suites?

We would not like the suite right beside the glass elevator on either side. Not so much noise as loss of privacy on verandah. We were once in cabin two from elevator and that was fine.

This, of course, applies to Signature and Vista ships.

Are those the ships about which you are asking?

Edited by sail7seas

Problem is Sail, that if this is a guarantee, I think I have to take whatever I am assigned, correct? Who knows, maybe we will get an upsell offer to the PH! ;)

That is the down side of booking a guarantee. There is a certain level of risk. I'm not willing to risk a location I don't want so never book guarantee.

Hope you get a great upsell to the PH. :0 Good luck.

Chances are high you'll get an assignment you'll be fine with.

Problem is Sail, that if this is a guarantee, I think I have to take whatever I am assigned, correct? Who knows, maybe we will get an upsell offer to the PH! ;)

Yes, that the idea of a guarantee. The cruise line will put you where they want to. If you are fussy, best to pick your cabin.

We were next to the glass elevator on Zuiderdam and there were no problems at all.

We just sit on our balcony and read, eat or look at the scenery. Nothing that needs any great privacy.

One bonus there is only one other balcony next to you so it halves your chance of getting a smoker. :D

The suites next to the glass elevators would not bother me. DH originally said "no way." But on our last cruise I specifically pointed them out to him and he agreed, it wouldn't be a big deal. When on our balcony we are usually just sightseeing or maybe reading. Wouldn't be much for anyone to see. :D

I seem to recall when this discussion came up recently, someone had a link to a video clip (or picture) which showed how folks from the elevator could see into the balcony.

I'll try to search for that video clip or picture. If you were to see it, it might give you a better idea if you could live with that location or not.

I seem to recall when this discussion came up recently, someone had a link to a video clip (or picture) which showed how folks from the elevator could see into the balcony.

attachment.php?attachmentid=263488&d=1362836572

Edited by jtl513

Thanks for all your replies. I do understand that is the risk of a guarantee, however if this ends up being the case, I guess I will just have to buy more decent nightgowns. Don't want to shock anyone in the elevators early in the AM while we are having breakfast!

Although seeing other passengers riding in the elevator as you sit on your veranda may be less than ideal, there are problems too with being in the PS. We have found strangers in our cabin when the door was left open while waiting for our DDs to arrive. They just wanted a look around. I'm always happy to show off the suite, but I like being asked first. Good luck with your PS upgrade.

Although seeing other passengers riding in the elevator as you sit on your veranda may be less than ideal, there are problems too with being in the PS. We have found strangers in our cabin when the door was left open while waiting for our DDs to arrive. They just wanted a look around. I'm always happy to show off the suite, but I like being asked first. Good luck with your PS upgrade.

It always amazes me how some folks don't have any manners. Did you have a door wide open or just a crack? I guess if it's wide open people think it's ok to intrude:rolleyes:.

I'll try to search for that video clip or picture. If you were to see it, it might give you a better idea if you could live with that location or not.

attachment.php?attachmentid=263488&d=1362836572

Thanks jtl513!

We had people knock on the door asking if they could look around our PS. Also our cabin steward said he had to be very careful when cleaning as people tried to come into the suite.

This happened to us as well. We had the door ajar to get a better internet signal. A woman walked in and decided went over to the sliding glass door. When I asked her what she wanted, she said, "don't bother getting up, I'm just looking around." I informed her, it was my stateroom and she was very embarrassed and left quickly.

Terri

We had people knock on the door asking if they could look around our PS. Also our cabin steward said he had to be very careful when cleaning as people tried to come into the suite.

We had the Royal Suite on Zenith and one afternoon when I returned, I saw a couple I didn't know in the Suite with the Steward. They apparently wanted photos to show off to their family and friends. :D ..... it seemed.

I chose to not report the steward but it worried me how often he did that and what 'souvenirs' these visitors might help themselves to. Whether those souvenirs were our possessions or the ship's, I certainly didn't like that concept. I hope the steward learned his lesson after my having a few words with him.

It never ceases to amaze me the nerve and lack of manners of some people.

I have booked a NS suite next to the mid ship (Vista) elevators. The view is not obstructed from the elevators as the angle is set where you get more view of the horizion than you would with two wall dividers.

As for the privacy, never expect 100% privacy. Nothing would stop someone in the cabin next to you to take a peek. Also with the Vista/Signature vessels those on the fore and aft humps can look at the midship cabin balconies with various degrees of view.