Crazy to cruise during Christmas Vacation?

Twinsplus1

We're flying into San Juan on X-mas Eve and boarding the Destiny on X-mas. We'll disembark on New Year's Day and spend a couple of days exploring San Juan before coming back to Atlanta on Jan 3. DD and I are teachers, so this was the best time for DH, DS, DD, and I to actually spend some time together, enjoy the holidays, and celebrate life. Our last two holiday seasons were a bit subdued due to illness, so we're REALLY looking forward to this cruise! So, if, as the title of this thread implies, you have to be crazy to cruise during the holidays, call me crazy! In fact, since so many of the ships are filling up so quickly, there must be a lot of crazy people out there!

Guest susan t

We are cruising with our two grandchildren ages 3 and 5 on the Liberty on December 5. Are the ships usually decorated that early in December?

How elaborate are the decorations?

We are sailing on the Glory on December 17th and returning on December 24th. Some of our group will be flying home on Christmas Eve but my daughter and I decided to extend our vacation and spend Christmas week in Orlando. We will have a small tree in our cabin and our group is having a door decorating contest for the holidays. The cost was less the week before Christmas. We are looking forward to seeing how Christmas is celebrated in Belize and Cozumel and seeing their decorations.

Archived