Scooter rental?? Someone in our group might need one

texasnana

In our group going soon one of men might need a scooter to get around. Do they rent them at the terminal in Long Beach? If so how do I go about getting info on rental? if not what are we to do?

Thanks...

Here's a link to the NCL page that discusses rentals and the company to rent them from http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#guestmob

How large is the man? I ask because not all scooters can fit in regular cabin doors and they cannot be left in the hallway. The person might need to switch to an accessible room and should do it quickly -- those doors hande a scooter and the rooms are larger.

You just need to contact Special Needs at Sea http://www.specialneedsatsea.com/ and they can help you with the rental. I rented a regular sized 3 wheel scooter and it was $175 for a 7 day cruise. The regular sized holds up to 249 pounds and is 19" wide. This size will fit in the cabin door but I am not sure abut the bigger scooters. The scooter is in your cabin when you get there and you leave it in your cabin.

Some of the cabins can be a problem. Our balcony on the Jewel was fine but the balcony cabin on the Sun had some tight corners that would present a problem getting a scooter in and out.

On the spirit people left them on the landing plugged into the sockets by the elevators

And as said, leaving them to any public corridors etc is a very big safety hazard in the case of emergency and forbidden by SOLAS regulations.

All keys for scooters work on all scooters. I left my scooter in the MDR entrance once and came out and it was gone. It was eventually found, but I was SOL until then. Do not park it near an elevator! Totally rude and a safety hazard.