Advice on booking please

ISLABONITA

So I will be on the NCL in Dec for the first time on a Southern Caribbean cruise.

I am presently looking at a cruise to Norway in June 2015 and the online cruise company is offering a $200 OBC for an OBView cabin total price range within $2500 to $3000.

Most of the cabins are on the 8th deck , in particular 8062 plus others .

My hesitation to book is wondering if I would get any more perks if I book while cruising in Dec?

I read that if I book a future cruise voucher while on the Dec. cruise I would get a $100 pp for the cruise I was on.

Also would I be considered a past guest at that point to get any better perks or offers or do I have to complete the cruise ?

So my indecision is should I book now and then see if the total price is better in Dec? Could I then cancel then rebook?

thanks for your feedback.

Edited by ISLABONITA

I would wait until after the december cruise as your voucher that you buy in Dec would not be valid for cruises already booked. Plus you can probably get a better deal. Only thing you lose is if you book it now, you will get an extra point for each night of the cruise on your lattitudes account since its over 9 months out.

So I will be on the NCL in Dec for the first time on a Southern Caribbean cruise.

I am presently looking at a cruise to Norway in June 2015 and the online cruise company is offering a $200 OBC for an OBView cabin total price range within $2500 to $3000.

My hesitation to book is wondering if I would get any more perks if I book while cruising in Dec?

I read that if I book a future cruise voucher while on the Dec. cruise I would get a $100 pp for the cruise I was on.

Also would I be considered a past guest at that point to get any better perks or offers or do I have to complete the cruise ?

So my indecision is should I book now and then see if the total price is better in Dec? Could I then cancel then rebook?

I have been on six cruises with NCL. If you place a $250 deposit on a future cruise (up to 4 years to redeem) the line will give you a $100.00 on-board credit. You then become a Latitudes member. For each time you cruise your rank becomes higher, and as such the rewards are greater. I would call NCL directly to inquire. Happy travels!

ISLABONITA,

I have booked on board i the past, you do get the $100 OBC. NCL does have promotions from time to time where they offer upgrades, OBC and other bennies. Also, they have latitudes Insider Offers, which I think are for those who are latitutes members (one past NCL cruise).

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/insider-offer

I suggest carefully comparing what your online TA is offering with what NCL is offering.

I have found that prices tend to rise for popular cruises. Our Norwegian Star cruise 22 September out of Copehhagen has gone up about $1000 for our cabin since we booked over a year ago.

If prices drop, up to Final Payment, you can call and get the benefit of new low prices.

First of all, unlike on some other cruise lines, you can't* book future cruises while onboard with NCL.

(* You can access ncl.com for free and book through the website if you absolutely want to, but the beauty of NCL's FCR program is that you can take your time and plan after you have gone home from your first cruise and even then you have the choice of booking either direct with the cruise line or TA of your choice.)

Only thing that might be better is the OBC for your upcoming cruise that you already knew of.

If it was me, I'd book now because the Norway cruises are limited in numbers and I'd assume that the prices will probably mostly rise as time goes on, so I can't see how waiting and getting the $100 benefit would be bigger perk than getting the price locked right now.

Edited by Demonyte

Talk about "myths" or "old wives tales".

You do not book onboard. You book when you get home.

You do not become lattitudes because of this program. Once ANYONE completes one cruise, they are then a lattitudes member.

You do not book onboard. You book when you get home.

As said, on some other cruise lines you can book while onboard and get incentives for doing so.

You do not become lattitudes because of this program. Once ANYONE completes one cruise, they are then a lattitudes member.

Nowadays everyone needs to enroll, if already completed a cruise they will be bronze members immediately but it still requires action from the passenger.

Edited by Demonyte

ISLABONITA,

I have booked on board i the past, you do get the $100 OBC. NCL does have promotions from time to time where they offer upgrades, OBC and other bennies. Also, they have latitudes Insider Offers, which I think are for those who are latitutes members (one past NCL cruise).

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/insider-offer

I suggest carefully comparing what your online TA is offering with what NCL is offering.

I have found that prices tend to rise for popular cruises. Our Norwegian Star cruise 22 September out of Copehhagen has gone up about $1000 for our cabin since we booked over a year ago.

If prices drop, up to Final Payment, you can call and get the benefit of new low prices.

So with this in mind.. are you not saying to go ahead and book since I would be getting $200 either on this future cruise or on the Dec. cruise?

Also would be adding more latitude points right?

Once I am on the cruise I could check the prices again.

We don't cruise a lot in fact have only cruised 2x and I still have a voucher on Princess that expires in 2016.

Edited by ISLABONITA

First of all, unlike on some other cruise lines, you can't* book future cruises while onboard with NCL.

(* You can access ncl.com for free and book through the website if you absolutely want to, but the beauty of NCL's FCR program is that you can take your time and plan after you have gone home from your first cruise and even then you have the choice of booking either direct with the cruise line or TA of your choice.)

Only thing that might be better is the OBC for your upcoming cruise that you already knew of.

If it was me, I'd book now because the Norway cruises are limited in numbers and I'd assume that the prices will probably mostly rise as time goes on, so I can't see how waiting and getting the $100 benefit would be bigger perk than getting the price locked right now.

ok thanks for the clarification of the purchasing of the voucher then booking later.

Agreed since I can cancel at any time before final payment and I am comfortable with the price and OBC offered for the Norway cruise , I too am leaning towards booking now. :-)

Book now to get the room you want. The prices could go up and if you wait you may not get the room you want, AND have to pay a higher price. Once on board, buy a FCR and then plan another one in the future! :)

When you buy a Future Cruise Certificate onboard for $250, the $100 credit is applied to your onboard account straight away - the current cruise - the cruise that you are on when you buy the $250 FCC.

yes, I know this so I am comparing with getting a $200 obc on the Norway cruise by booking now because it may not be available in Dec. at the price and OBC offer that I am seeing now.....yet on the other hand if the prices drop then I could cancel then purchase the voucher while on my Dec. cruise to book the Norway one.

correct?

The June 2015 Norway cruise is going to be a very popular cruise so I think you better book now and get the $200 OBC.

NCL has been rather stale in the past few years with nothing exciting or different cruises in Northern Europe, but now they have created some new cruises for 2015 - they are going to get snapped up quickly - sooner or later.