Ncl all in package.... Really!

MR_T

Like many I got the email from my agent asking if I wanted to change my booking over to the latest wow deal from ncl... All inclusive package... ultimate dining package... ultimate beverage package...

I've never known an all inclusive package that actually doesn't include so much...

I mean regarding the drinks package they mention you get up to x amount of FREE bottles of water included... I've always thought of water being a beverage! And a pretty basic beverage at that... And to only get just over 1 a day... Well that's just comical! And to have such a restriction of $10 per drink and anything above you have to pay the full value... I've not cruised with ncl yet but I'm guessing a lot of the premium drinks & cocktails are $11 each!! : )

I was also informed we would get $200 Onboard shore execusion credit... I'm doing the 10 day escape transatlantic crossing... No stops along the way!

1 x 3 games of bingo... Really... That's got to be the deal breaker for most I guess!!

I think after reading the small print I think ncl need to go back to the drawing board as firstly how can you call it an all inclusive package when it's not all inclusive! Nor are the packages ultimate... In my honest opinion of course! :D

Like many I got the email from my agent asking if I wanted to change my booking over to the latest wow deal from ncl... All inclusive package... ultimate dining package... ultimate beverage package...

I've never known an all inclusive package that actually doesn't include so much...

I mean regarding the drinks package they mention you get up to x amount of FREE bottles of water included... I've always thought of water being a beverage! And a pretty basic beverage at that... And to only get just over 1 a day... Well that's just comical! And to have such a restriction of $10 per drink and anything above you have to pay the full value... I've not cruised with ncl yet but I'm guessing a lot of the premium drinks & cocktails are $11 each!! : )

I was also informed we would get $200 Onboard shore execusion credit... I'm doing the 10 day escape transatlantic crossing... No stops along the way!

1 x 3 games of bingo... Really... That's got to be the deal breaker for most I guess!!

I think after reading the small print I think ncl need to go back to the drawing board as firstly how can you call it an all inclusive package when it's not all inclusive! Nor are the packages ultimate... In my honest opinion of course! :D

Not to be rude but if you don't like it don't book it.

It is not for everyone, some people may find it great.

Not to be rude but if you don't like it don't book it.

It is not for everyone, some people may find it great.

Your not being rude just posting your opinion like I have on the latest offer!

I think it's quite clear I'm not going to book it as it's not a real offer to really consider.... In my honest opinion! : )

I just wanted to point out that reading behind the bold statement of ALL INCLUSIVE it actually isn't!! And far far from it!!!

I would not consider it since neither of us drink enough to make it worthwhile. I would not want to be locked into eating at specialties.

And we like to book our own excursions.

Other than that its a good deal even without the bottled water.

Just a FYI - we did the UBP even before drinks were under $10, and even then, almost everything was included. I'm sure even more is included now. The all inclusive probaby wouldn't be a good idea for us, because we don't play bingo, don't want all of those pictures, bring our own water onboard, don't eat at specialty restaurants each night (and have no desire to), and we book our own excursions.

But, to each his own. I just think you shouldn't "guess" that most drinks are $11+, because that is far from the truth.

Full moon tonight?

Maybe but for me I am sitting on my beachfront deck at my vacation home

High tide is about 10 feet from the deck.

Gorgeous night! And this is why I never book balconies on ships!!! Don't need to. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe but for me I am sitting on my beachfront deck at my vacation home

High tide is about 10 feet from the deck.

Gorgeous night! And this is why I never book balconies on ships!!! Don't need to. Lol

Omg I'm so jealous lol enjoy the sunset.

I had a look at the all inclusive package today for a cruise I am looking at for next summer. In my opinion while you might be able to get some economic value on a 7 day cruise it did not look like a great deal for longer cruises. The cost was $100 extra per day. Not sure this is a 'deal' unless of course you are staying in a higher end cabin and are saving significantly with the 10% off cruise fare.

I do though, in theory, like the idea of having the 'all inclusive' option. Perhaps if it gets tweaked as time goes on it would be something I would purchase.

Rochelle

Wow I'm shocked at all the complaints for this awesome deal. Some say they don't eat at speciality restaurants. Why not? They are good! And it's included in new books. Most drinks are under 10 bucks. Beers, mixed drinks frozen etc. Dont need 20 pics? Why they are fun if your not paying for them. Anyway you can carry on water anyway too. So what's the deal. So much disgust. To each his own.

Norwegian Getaway June 7, 2014

P.S. I am really sorry they did away with the three specialties and wine deal.

That fit us perfectly.

I have to say I liked that deal too. I'm one of those "strange" people who enjoy eating in the main dining room too. As a solo cruiser I can always opt to sit with other like minded passengers if I feel like company. You can't really do that in a specialty place. I tried the beverage package once, but I found myself drinking more than I actually wanted just to make it worth it's expense. :eek: Still I can see that it will have its appeal for many. It's all about choices and the more options they offer, the better I think it is for everyone.

Well, I think the idea of "to each his/her own" is definitely in play here. This plan wouldn't work for us but it would for those who love to drink and eat at specialty ressys every night. That doesn't suit us, but then we enjoy eating the MDR :eek: so... just sayin'...

NCL is smart enough to know that this is for a niche market and will/may not appeal to the larger crowd but, who knows. If it suits you, go for the gusto and enjoy.. :D

Cheers

Wow I'm shocked at all the complaints for this awesome deal. Some say they don't eat at speciality restaurants. Why not? They are good! And it's included in new books. Most drinks are under 10 bucks. Beers, mixed drinks frozen etc. Dont need 20 pics? Why they are fun if your not paying for them. Anyway you can carry on water anyway too. So what's the deal. So much disgust. To each his own.

Norwegian Getaway June 7, 2014

The last four words of your post answered your own questions.

Edited by ColinIllinois

Omg I'm so jealous lol enjoy the sunset.

We don't even bother to leave our unit much either unless we are going to pick up a cooked lobster or 2!!!

When we get home we seriously miss the lapping of the surf. The kids ages 13 to 24 love to just kick back too and just watch the horizon. Boogie board. Walk the beach. Oh did I mention we are first floor beachfront as well? Lol

We save our active vacations for cruises and if course land trip to Italy!!

Not to be snarky but maybe I am being snarky.

For me and mine inside guarantees work great and have allowed us to spread the wealth elsewhere. Lol

Edited by luvtheships

Just sitting here trying to figure out costs for a 12 day Europe cruise....so far...for 3 of us...I am up to $4440.00 (shore excursions at every port, gratuities, & 4 specialty restaurants) I am still doing the math...but I thinks it's going to work out for the better (cost wise) to get the all inclusive. We don't drink much, to make the Ultimate drink package worth it, but I could start! lol

Just sitting here trying to figure out costs for a 12 day Europe cruise....so far...for 3 of us...I am up to $4440.00 (shore excursions at every port, gratuities, & 4 specialty restaurants) I am still doing the math...but I thinks it's going to work out for the better (cost wise) to get the all inclusive. We don't drink much, to make the Ultimate drink package worth it, but I could start! lol

Not sure if you realized but it is $200 towards shore excursions. Apparently this amount does not increase for the longer cruises. Just thought I would point that out in case you were factoring that in.

Rochelle

LOL, I agree, just trying to figure out whether the package would work for us would drive me to drink. I did a mock booking for the cruise we have booked next year and the price went from just under 2000 to over 4000 pp. I think we can do just fine all by ourselves but, as I said, to each his/her own, it'll work well for some but not us.

Enjoy

I think the cost for three on a 12 nt is $3897. I figured about $400 per excursion day on average in europe so with a total of $600 for the entire cruise allotted for all three with "AI" option, the excursion allowance barely covers one days worth of excursions for our cabin.

It looks to me to be mainly paying for all you can drink as the bulk of the value. But if you can drink more than 11 beers a day, want 60 pics on board, have the time to eat at a speciality venue each and every night at a set time, want 750 mins of Internet, have three plates of strawberries and three bottles of wine in your room and were going to only spend $200 pp on your excursions in Europe, were going to drink 36 bottles of water and wanted to each play a bingo game then your truly all inclusive and are getting a little savings.