Need advice on getting Reflections DVD post cruise (Coral, Jul 26-Aug 2)

quadman

Somehow, we forgot to buy the Reflections DVD from our just-completed voyage on Coral Princess (disembarked Saturday, August 2). I called Princess today and learned they do not sell the DVD post-cruise. If anyone on this forum was on our cruise and has a copy they don't want, or an extra copy, would you kindly reply here and let me know? I would love to buy it from you. Thank you!

Somehow, we forgot to buy the Reflections DVD from our just-completed voyage on Coral Princess (disembarked Saturday, August 2). I called Princess today and learned they do not sell the DVD post-cruise. If anyone on this forum was on our cruise and has a copy they don't want, or an extra copy, would you kindly reply here and let me know? I would love to buy it from you. Thank you!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ So you are the person who buys those! I've wondered who it is...

Thanks, cdngrl!

Thrak - I bought one from our first cruise at it showed nothing at all of our cruise experience. My wife thinks I'm nuts for wanting the DVD. However, considering we had spectacular weather in Glacier Bay and College Fjord last week and that the Coral Princess video crew were shooting both days, I was hoping the DVD would include some footage of our time there.

Edited by quadman

Thrak - I bought one from our first cruise at it showed nothing at all of our cruise experience. My wife thinks I'm nuts for wanting the DVD.

Sorry dude but I have to side with the Mrs. on this one. If you can find someone who is nice enough to burn a copy for you that would be cool, but I would never pay the price they ask for that thing on board for something that is probably 90% pre-recorded months before your cruise ever goes anywhere.

Edited by custompcsys

I would never pay the price they ask for that thing on board for something that is probably 90% pre-recorded months before your cruise ever goes anywhere.

It may depend on the photo dept. staff, but I have been on some cruises where a videographer does go on at least one shore excursion in every port. If excursions you were on were some of these, then the video would possibly have some meaning. If they were other people's excursions, most people would not be interested.

I certainly would not purchase the video if the current cruise sections were mainly people waving to the camera while on the ship.

Edited by caribill

My experience has been, other than the parts introducing some of the staff, that most (if not all) of the Reflections DVD is filmed during the sailing for which it is offered.

Not only have I recognized the scenery and accompanying changing weather conditions for particular days, I've also recognized quite a few fellow passengers captured in footage on board for events like the sail-away, champagne waterfall, @poolside, deck parties etc. and/or also filmed while on ship-sponsored excursions.

While I may watch the free preview in the stateroom on occasion, I personally wouldn't be one to shell out for the video itself.

That stated, I could see why for others it might provide for some extra footage to help remind one of their cruise. It also could be an additional way to show friends/family (that may have not cruised before) what cruising is like -- other than personal still photos.