Liberty - Serenity Deck vs Aft Pool?

bailey57

I see that Liberty's serenity area is on two decks forward and on the side. Read that it's very windy when moving, with seats near doors that bring the noise of the main pool into the area whenever the door opens... all creating less than, well, serene environs. ;)

Then I see an aft pool - with a retractable roof, I believe. It appears to be adults only as well. I read that the food places and bar back there are not well used, so it's a pretty quiet area.

It seems to me if you're seeking quiet (okay, serenity :p), the advantage lies with the aft pool... My questions:

1) is the aft pool indeed adults only?

2) are there hot tubs back there too?

3) if yes to 1 & 2, why use the serenity deck?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

I see that Liberty's serenity area is on two decks forward and on the side. Read that it's very windy when moving, with seats near doors that bring the noise of the main pool into the area whenever the door opens... all creating less than, well, serene environs. ;)

Then I see an aft pool - with a retractable roof, I believe. It appears to be adults only as well. I read that the food places and bar back there are not well used, so it's a pretty quiet area.

It seems to me if you're seeking quiet (okay, serenity :p), the advantage lies with the aft pool... My questions:

1) is the aft pool indeed adults only? YES

2) are there hot tubs back there too? YES

3) if yes to 1 & 2, why use the serenity deck? Cushioned lounges

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Since I've found the serenity deck to be a bit noisy and clogged by chair hogs, I generally prefer the adult only aft section. JMO, and others are entitled to theirs.

1) is the aft pool indeed adults only?

2) are there hot tubs back there too?

3) if yes to 1 & 2, why use the serenity deck?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

The aft pool is adults only in the pool itself, but not forbidden area for under 21yrs. Pizza is back there also I believe/cant remember now, but there is a food venue there, and obviously must be available for everyone. I dont recall ever seeing hot tub/s back there, but again it has been a few years since I was on the Liberty.

When I was on the Liberty, it did not yet have a serenity deck, but one year later I was on the Freedom (same class and layout), and I did enjoy the serenity deck. It was a southern itinerary, way down to Costa Rica and Panama, so was very very warm, and it was actually a pleasure to go up to Serenity and catch a breeze.

Serenity does have hot tubs, and a bar, with a light menu (a couple of sandwiches and a salad), and it is only for those over 21yrs. Also, it seem to me that there were more chairs, and different types of chairs in serenity deck, compared to the aft adult pool. and yes serenity chairs are padded, which makes a big differnce to me lol. I prefer the serenity deck to the aft adult pool area. But if you want to be able to dip into a pool, then aft might be better. Both are fairly quiet I think. good to have a choice though.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SMSACE6

Thanks for all the info. Recently sailed Paradise, and spent all my time at serenity, but it's aft on that ship. I loved it. I'm sure we'll try both, just interested in people's thoughts on this - it does seem to be one topic I haven't seen specifically discussed here... :)

I prefer the aft pool on the Liberty. It is comfortable on the Serenity deck, but with no pool in sight, it is too hot in the summer. The aft pool is all adult with pool, hot tubs, bar, pizza, and ice cream.

My favorite ship is the Legend where the aft pool and Serenity are combined for one great area: comfy lounge chairs plus everything mentioned above.

Edited by Grayton Beach Girl

I prefer the aft pool on the Liberty. It is comfortable on the Serenity deck, but with no pool in sight, it is too hot in the summer. The aft pool is all adult with pool, hot tubs, bar, pizza, and ice cream.

My favorite ship is the Legend where the aft pool and Serenity are combined for one great area: comfy lounge chairs plus everything mentioned above.

Me, too! The Spirit class ships are my favorite.

I find the aft "adults only" area to be very poorly signed/enforced. Most people are not aware that it is adults only and therefore it is not uncommon to find families with children. For that reason, I prefer Serenity.

In my opinion, putting an adult only pool and hot tubs next to the 24hr pizza place was probably not a stellar design move :p