B2B : What to do on turnaround day

We make it a port day and go off on our own to explore. They usually do have something for B2B travelers to enjoy. When we were in Copenhagen we got off early and walked all around before returning for the B2B luncheon served in Portofino.

At some point you must disembark. Usually you can return right away if that is your choice. You should receive info in your cabin near the end of your first cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most fun thing is being on the ship when there is hardly anyone else aboard. There was also a really nice lunch just for repeat cruisers. Some people went ashore, but we had already spent a couple of days at that location so we decided to just chill on the ship. While waiting for lunch I sat in the Promenade and people watched while drinking a tasty coffee and my wife took the opportunity to get non-people-filled pictures around the ship. It was really quiet.

I also had fun watching people slowly start to drift in dragging their roll-a-boards and looking all excited.

It made us feel a little more special having that run of the ship for a few hours.

It was also interesting watching people running too and fro dragging their suitcases to get off the ship while we just got to stay on.

We got our comeuppance a week later when we had to get off and other friends that we'd met during the cruise were staying on another week. What goes around...

Tom

Also - we've done several B2B and each time there was NO special lunch.

Once we were told that lunch was at 1PM in the dining room. When we ( and anther couple) arrived at the dining room, we were then told that special lunch was cancelled and we can have lunch at the Windjammer! Apparently they need a specific number of B2B to justify the nice lunch.

B2B are more popular so perhaps they don't have a problem getting the quotas.

enjoy

Get off the ship as unless it is a high level cruise nothing is open

Just bars and windjammer

Sometimes they want you off and may offer a free shore tour otherwise find something else to do till at least 2pm anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Immigration depends on port but the ship does have to clear to zero. Usually you,get your next week' s sea pass the night before, then all b2b cruisers meet in a lounge and are all taken off the ship together, show passport and come right back on. Then you can do what you want. They do not open boarding to new passengers until that is done. you can leave ship on your own, but will not be allowed back on until general boarding starts.

For us, it is dependent on what port we are in whether we get off or not. Most times we stay on. As has been said, it is the most quiet and peaceful you will have it all week. You can go to and from your cabin also, which new passengers cannot do until the call for cabins ready is made. We have had b2b lunches sometimes, but not on every ship,so that part is not a sure thing. One thing is for certain though! B2b is the best and once you do it, it is hard to go back to just a week cruise. Even with that b2b starts to feel short so you start looking at b2b2b :) Have Fun!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Immigration depends on port but the ship does have to clear to zero. Usually you,get your next week' s sea pass the night before, then all b2b cruisers meet in a lounge and are all taken off the ship together, show passport and come right back on. Then you can do what you want. They do not open boarding to new passengers until that is done. you can leave ship on your own, but will not be allowed back on until general boarding starts.

For us, it is dependent on what port we are in whether we get off or not. Most times we stay on. As has been said, it is the most quiet and peaceful you will have it all week. You can go to and from your cabin also, which new passengers cannot do until the call for cabins ready is made. We have had b2b lunches sometimes, but not on every ship,so that part is not a sure thing. One thing is for certain though! B2b is the best and once you do it, it is hard to go back to just a week cruise. Even with that b2b starts to feel short so you start looking at b2b2b :) Have Fun!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

The zero count is for customs in the United States. In the U.S. even on a B2B, you must clear immigration. When travelling overseas, in European countries, depending on the country, you may or may not need to disembark and re embark. We have travelled on several B2B or B2B2B in Europe, where we stayed onboard, had a wonderful private lunch, and lounged.

Sometimes, in certain ports, we are off by 9AM, and not back till one of the last, around 3:30 PM, so that we can enjoy the port city.

Different rules for different countries. Fort Lauderdale.......you must dis embark.

Enjoy your cruise!!:)

Rick