Voyager of the Seas refurbishment

RCI has announced today what will be updated during dry dock ....

Chops Grill, Izumi and Giovannis restaurants. Johnny Rockets is staying.

New carpet, bathrooms and linen in all cabins plus flat screen TVs.

Flow rider surf simulator.

See Facebook and Instagram for more info. It reads like there will be a big event in Sydney when she arrives on 8 December ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The flow rider should be great. We found the back end of Voyager was way under-utilised.

Especially behind Johnny Rockets. They should (sorry kiddies) put a bar at the back end of the ship. It would be a great place there, under cover for a lot of it with a great view.

From the cabins they show as available, there are several being inserted Deck 12 forward.

I checked what is available now on Navigator of the Seas to find the same cabin numbers.

Prices are pretty reasonable with the BOGOHO sale at the moment.

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Especially behind Johnny Rockets. They should (sorry kiddies) put a bar at the back end of the ship. It would be a great place there, under cover for a lot of it with a great view.

I agree. So much of Voyager is inward facing or has small portholes which have restricted view to the ocean. I know there are some areas with great views too, but that sounds nice :)

Gae, there are some good prices, we like JS for around $200 each per night....Explorer has some good prices off the peak times too.

Edited by goodycruising

The flow rider should be great. We found the back end of Voyager was way under-utilised.

Totally agree. That whole area was wasted. Will the surf rider go where the line skating track was near the mini golf course? The level below behind Johnny rockets I would like to see a bar, informal outdoor cafe & maybe even some spas. The kids pool there was great but apart from that there was just tables and chairs.

I already knew of the refurb as Gae has mentioned it previously in another thread (cruise to nowhere Feb next year). I look forward to trying the Ship out and the cruiseline as well. The flowrider will be fun, if I get a chance.:D

It probably depends on time of year. In the holiday period that area was always very busy, lots of crowds and queues around the rock climbing, then down to the inline skating and other activities.

Not sure too many older types will want the flow rider though, still more a youth activity... though probably a lot more fun for the crowd watching people trying.

It probably depends on time of year. In the holiday period that area was always very busy, lots of crowds and queues around the rock climbing, then down to the inline skating and other activities.

Not sure too many older types will want the flow rider though, still more a youth activity... though probably a lot more fun for the crowd watching people trying.

The flow riders are great. I'm almost 60 and hadn't surfed for over 30 years. Lying down or kneeling is very easy and a lot of fun. Standing obviously far more difficult. The only downside is that the lines are very long when there are a lot of kids on board.

Warning: Tie your shorts well. I witnessed a guy on Oasis have his whole swim attire completely ripped off. THAT seemed to be a whole lot of fun judging by the howls of laughter from the large crowd as the guy slipped and slid trying to retrieve them in the wash out zone while the crew raced to surround him with towels.

Edited by woodyren

Warning: Tie your shorts well. I witnessed a guy on Oasis have his whole swim attire completely ripped off. THAT seemed to be a whole lot of fun judging by the howls of laughter from the large crowd as the guy slipped and slid trying to retrieve them in the wash out zone while the crew raced to surround him with towels.

Haha... definitely more fun to watch!

The flow riders are great. I'm almost 60 and hadn't surfed for over 30 years. Lying down or kneeling is very easy and a lot of fun. Standing obviously far more difficult. The only downside is that the lines are very long when there are a lot of kids on board.

Love it, thanks for the warning.:D

That would be the adults only surf rider show hosted by the cruise director & held right after quest!

Perhaps they could have an 'after dark' version for the singles looking to hook up.:p

Bad idea. The cold water probably doesn't make the flow rider the best place to display your assets.

Warm the water and the company and your assets may blossom, may even body surf better with that special keel.:p

Edited by MicCanberra