Will Hertz pickup from Anchorage airport to their rental office in downtown ?

uvasag

I am planning on renting a car one way from Anchorage to Seward. From what I've read it's cheaper to book the car from their downtown rental office as opposed to the airport. I'm planning on using my IHG rewards to book a hotel and all of their hotels are near the airport. So, if I were to book a hotel near the airport will Hertz from downtown pick me up from my hotel near the airport ? People who have rented from downtown Anchorage - how did you reach downtown ? Any cheaper options ?

You need to contact the office directly, where you rent from. But, from what I would guess, no, this downtown office is not going to pick you up at an airport hotel.

In the past, the downtown Hertz office didn't have any shuttle service.

Good topic! This helped immensely! I just booked our Hertz rental at the airport this morning for next summer and then I see this post. I check the downtown Hertz location and its over $100 cheaper! Wow!

So I'm thinking that my husband can jump in a cab and go pick up our car while I'm waiting at the luggage carousel. Come back and then pick up me and the kids.

Does this sound like it would work? How much is a cab from the airport to downtown Anchorage? Anyone know?

Good topic! This helped immensely! I just booked our Hertz rental at the airport this morning for next summer and then I see this post. I check the downtown Hertz location and its over $100 cheaper! Wow!

So I'm thinking that my husband can jump in a cab and go pick up our car while I'm waiting at the luggage carousel. Come back and then pick up me and the kids.

Does this sound like it would work? How much is a cab from the airport to downtown Anchorage? Anyone know?

I'm thinking of booking a hotel near Anchorage airport. Most hotels near airport have free shuttle. So I and the kids could take the free shuttle and check into the hotel while hubby goes to pick up the car. Bus is $2 but the schedule has to match with when we land. It would be about 30 mts by bus. Cab is ofcourse faster but from what I've read $16 - $20.

about $20 for a cab. I've had great luck with Enterprise at their International Blvd office $25-$30 a day.

about $20 for a cab. I've had great luck with Enterprise at their International Blvd office $25-$30 a day.

But if we rent one way from Anchorage to Seward then Hertz is our only option right ?