Bringing Alcohol on a carnival Cruise.

DannyGreg

In the Past I have been able to bring a bottle on board lets say Seagrams 7 in a 2 liter Ginger Ale bottle, along with Real Diet Coke, and about a 6 pack of 1liter water. Have they got more restrictive it has been a few years since last time I cruised. Please advice sailing in a couple months

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the Past I have been able to bring a bottle on board lets say Seagrams 7 in a 2 liter Ginger Ale bottle, along with Real Diet Coke, and about a 6 pack of 1liter water. Have they got more restrictive it has been a few years since last time I cruised. Please advice sailing in a couple months

More than likely you will not get through with it.

Like the other guy replied, it's likely you won't get the alcohol on now. We usually pack bottles of water and Pepsi in a carry on (rolling) suitcase, and the last few cruises, we've had to step aside while they shake each and every bottle to verify that it's not alcohol.

Janis

In the Past I have been able to bring a bottle on board lets say Seagrams 7 in a 2 liter Ginger Ale bottle..... Have they got more restrictive it has been a few years since last time I cruised. Please advice sailing in a couple months

Yea. A little bit more restrictive on things like this.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Yea. A little bit more restrictive on things like this.

that if you go to youtube, you can find videos demonstrating how to "professionally" re-seal wine bottles?

I wonder what someone might be able to put in a dark-colored wine bottle.

On my last Carnival cruise, a friend of mine and her husband put their alcohol in shampoo and conditioner bottles (made of non see through plastic) and packed them in their checked luggage. Their "shambooze" got on the ship no problem and they were able to enjoy it all cruise!! :D This was in December 2013 so I'm assuming it would still work.

Edited by Avril

On my last Carnival cruise, a friend of mine and her husband put their alcohol in shampoo and conditioner bottles (made of non see through plastic) and packed them in their checked luggage. Their "shambooze" got on the ship no problem and they were able to enjoy it all cruise!! :D This was in December 2013 so I'm assuming it would still work.

Where this is a will there is a way:D

I think it's still hit or miss these days but the hits are coming more frequently :p. My cabin mate usually sails with a full bar in her suitcase, a little of this and a little of that in the original bottles, I had to go to the naughty room to remove the full box of wine. My DH says spend the $ and don't worry about getting caught. I don't drink that much, anyway!

There is a post concerning how people think Carnival is thrashy, but yet one only needs to read Carnival Boards to find out for themselves. Just do it, and don't broadcast it to everyone. If you get caught, I will be the guy laughing

There is a post concerning how people think Carnival is thrashy, but yet one only needs to read Carnival Boards to find out for themselves. Just do it, and don't broadcast it to everyone. If you get caught, I will be the guy laughing

A quick search shows the alcohol smuggling threads show up on a variety of cruise line forums, not just limited to Carnival (though they do seem more prevelant on Carnival's board). However I appreciate this thought process, I apply the same thought to many other instances where someone is "breaking the rules" but it doesn't necessarily directly impact me. Kudos to you

I saw a thread not very long ago where someone did this and was very careful to make sure the bottle seals were not broken. He was still caught and hasn't figured out how they saw it.

A quick search shows the alcohol smuggling threads show up on a variety of cruise line forums, not just limited to Carnival (though they do seem more prevelant on Carnival's board). However I appreciate this thought process, I apply the same thought to many other instances where someone is "breaking the rules" but it doesn't necessarily directly impact me. Kudos to you

Except it does directly impact you and all other cruisers..

Waits are longer when boarding the ship and at ports while security stops and searches. More personnel is hired to ferret out smugglers. Investments made into more detection equipment instead of passenger amenities.

Those who follow the rules are always more impacted than those who don't and more rules aren't being made/enforced due to those who follow the rules.

Rumrunners.com - I have been on a lot of cruises and this is a 100% success rate. They even checked our bags on our last cruise and still could not find the booze. Rum Runners are the best just roll them up in a pair of shorts or a shirt and they are not deticitbale through the scanners or even people it seems like... I brought on 2 fifths last cruise all in one suitecase and it worked perfect!! Hope this helps :D

Rumrunners.com - I have been on a lot of cruises and this is a 100% success rate. They even checked our bags on our last cruise and still could not find the booze. Rum Runners are the best just roll them up in a pair of shorts or a shirt and they are not deticitbale through the scanners or even people it seems like... I brought on 2 fifths last cruise all in one suitecase and it worked perfect!! Hope this helps :D

My family just took them on Liberty on the 7/19 sailing. They were busted! :eek:

You might have a 100% success rate but Rumrunners in the overall sense do not have a 100% success rate. Plenty of Rumrunners get caught every cruise.

I brought on a 12 pack of "moutain dew" last decemeber on the breeze and opened the one side thats glued and not where it is actually opened, I then put 11 beers in there with one moutain dew exactly where the handle is so if that part was punctured they could just look in without opening the 12 pack. I've never seen 12 packs opened, where 10 people will tell you they always check. It just depends on the day and who is checking. All of the information you're going to get here is anecdotal because it works for 5 and the other 5 say it will never happen

Edited by theriac

Except it does directly impact you and all other cruisers..

Waits are longer when boarding the ship and at ports while security stops and searches. More personnel is hired to ferret out smugglers. Investments made into more detection equipment instead of passenger amenities.

Those who follow the rules are always more impacted than those who don't and more rules aren't being made/enforced due to those who follow the rules.

In 25 cuises have not seen where smuggling really slows down security line.

There are rules and than there are rules.

• 2 months later...

There not invisable, they will show up on scanners. How do you think the airports find liquids and search certain bags. It's the luck of how busy they are and they can't catch every bag. There's to many bags in a short time. I have friends that have been caught using rumrunners.

...why everyone posts their secret tips for smuggling alcohol on board. Dont you realize that CCL reads these boards !! You're basically telling them all the latest tricks and trends.

My biggest frustration is we've qualified for the free minibar on Princess - yet they dont stock rum on Caribbean cruises - the drink of the Caribbean ! So we trade it all in for vodka and adjust for the week.

Good luck with whatever method you choose - Cheers!

Bringing alcohol on board (except one bottle of wine per adult) is a violation of the cruise contract.

Getting caught is simply the "luck of the draw". Depends on screener, scanner operator and many other factors. Some are caught and some are not. Nothing magic about it. Just the law of averages. If Carnival ever decides to enforce the contract and refuse boarding to those who smuggle it will come to a screeching halt.

We used to use RR - We got busted as well. No more. Be honest.