Cancelling Cruise

roseaxel

Just booked a cruise today, and after learning tonight on CC that smoking will no longer be allowed on the balconies after Oct, I will be cancelling it tomorrow.

For the first time ever, we bought the insurance for this cruise. We are still over 90 days out from sail date, so will the cruise insurance(which we had to pay with the deposit) be refunded in full also?

I won't get into the debate on smoking. Everyone has their opinion. But for us, it is a deal breaker and we will not be cruising again until a better option for smokers is available onboard.

Insurance is usually not refundable.

But I have been able to transfer insurance from a cancelled cruise (Carnival) to a new booking (Princess). We had Travel a Guard and had to pay a few dollars more bc the second cruise was a bit more expensive.

Did this several months after booking.

Insurance is usually not refundable.

But I have been able to transfer insurance from a cancelled cruise (Carnival) to a new booking (Princess). We had Travel a Guard and had to pay a few dollars more bc the second cruise was a bit more expensive.

Did this several months after booking.

I too had to cancel (switch) a cruise recently and contacted USAA (who I got the insurance through) and they agreed to move the insurance policy to the new cruise. I think all insurance companies have the option to "not" move the policy, but it is good customer service if they do.

If you bought a third pary policy they might switch it to a different trip for you. If you bought it through CCL then it's doubtful you would get a refund but as stated since you are cancelling within 24 hours they might refund at least a portion of it.

If you bought the cruise insurance with Carnival it'll be non refundable.

I just found this in the policy details:

"Ten Day Right To Examine

If you are not satisfied for any reason, you may cancel the travel insurance portion of your coverage within 10 days of your receipt of

this document. Your premium will be refunded, provided there has been no incurred covered expense and you have not departed on

your Covered Trip. When so returned, the coverage is void from the beginning."

I just found this in the policy details:

"Ten Day Right To Examine

If you are not satisfied for any reason, you may cancel the travel insurance portion of your coverage within 10 days of your receipt of

this document. Your premium will be refunded, provided there has been no incurred covered expense and you have not departed on

your Covered Trip. When so returned, the coverage is void from the beginning."

That's good news.

If you just booked and cancel everything within 24 hours, they will not give you a hard time about cancelling both the cruise and the insurance. Naturally they may ask you why you are doing this. Just say you changed your mind.

If your credit card was not batched and charged they will stop the payment. If it was already charged, they will process a refund which may take a few days to appear as a credit on your account.

Good Luck.

If it is Carnival insurance and you have not paid in full, then you should be able to log in to your booking and cancel the insurance right there. We just did this recently for our October cruise. It removed the insurance and adjusted our balance accordingly.

Well, cancellation is completed and I received a confirmation of cancellation from Carnival. Now I'll just have to see if my credit card was even charged and if so, how much credit is given. I may have to contact the insurance underwriter for refund of the premiums, but I have the information on how to do that and I believe it will be refunded entirely.

Such a shame, but it is what it is. I refuse to pay over $2,000 for a trip we can't fully enjoy due to the smoking restrictions. There's got to be a better solution to this smoking issue.