Beverage Packages vs. A la Carte?

Mboen

... We had a nice shipboard credit, and since they will not give you a refund of that from your travel agent which I think is poor policy...

Most of the times that shipboard credit appears to come from your agent, it actually is funded by the cruise line in the form of "soft money" incentives a travel agent can pass on to their clients. That credit cannot be refunded. If your agent actually dipped into their own pocket and paid the cruise line for the credit, that can always be refunded. Your agent can tell you which it is, or you can ask at reception. In the former case, it is not a "poor practice".

Just curious

what mixers did you need?

Most cabins do not get the 6 bottles in their cabins only for top suites .

If the OBC truly came from the TA & not via the cruiseline you would get the refund

I believe a VISTA suite is a top suite, and the OBC came from my agent as it was my birthday, and it was a gift from him. In 40 cruises, if I have had any left over credit, I was able to withdraw it.

I wanted triple sec as I said for the tequila. I think that is pretty clear.

Once again, if it truly was a gift from your agent, Oceania policy is that it could have been refunded. If they wouldn't refund it, then it was either not from your agent as a gift, or you should contact your agent to correct the error.

You know, it isn't worth my time! They also totally overlooked my 70th birthday. Yes, they were aware of it.

I believe a VISTA suite is a top suite, and the OBC came from my agent as it was my birthday, and it was a gift from him. In 40 cruises, if I have had any left over credit, I was able to withdraw it.

I wanted triple sec as I said for the tequila. I think that is pretty clear.

Yes a VS is a top suite

What was not clear you mentioned "but they couldn't come up with the mixers "

To most people a mixer is something like sodas or juices that you mix with alcohol or at least in my part of the world

YMMD

Anyway I was just curious ...

Yes a VS is a top suite

What was not clear you mentioned "but they couldn't come up with the mixers "

To most people a mixer is something like sodas or juices that you mix with alcohol or at least in my part of the world

YMMD

Anyway I was just curious ...

To make a margarita, I like triple sec! Simple request"

Couldn't get any. Doesn't matter. I was not overly impressed.

I just looked up Triple Sec. Even though I have used it many times, I do not think of it as "alcohol" but it is. So, you probably would have had trade one of your bottles of alcohol for Triple Sec in order to make your margaritas. I'm glad that I looked it up as we will be in a Vista Suite two weeks from tomorrow and I'm not sure that I would want to use up one choice on Triple Sec -- I would rather have a bottle of wine:-)

Edited by Travelcat2

To make a margarita, I like triple sec! Simple request"

Couldn't get any. Doesn't matter. I was not overly impressed.

I believe that what you are saying is that you could not get triple sec without paying something additional for it.

That is not the same as not being able to get it.

b_230133.jpg

Our feeling is that Oceania is supplying the basic liquor and all of the mixers such as tonic, juices and sodas; we spring for the more esoteric stuff like

Vermouth and triple sec. :cool:

I believe that what you are saying is that you could not get triple sec without paying something additional for it.

That is not the same as not being able to get it.

b_230133.jpg

Our feeling is that Oceania is supplying the basic liquor and all of the mixers such as tonic, juices and sodas; we spring for the more esoteric stuff like

Vermouth and triple sec. :cool:

What I have been trying to say is, you must have had a different butler than we did. I wanted a small bottle of triple sec, said I would be happy to pay for it, but he said they did not have any. I can assure you I was not asking for anything for free.............Sorry to have stepped on the Oceania toes.

What I have been trying to say is, you must have had a different butler than we did. I wanted a small bottle of triple sec, said I would be happy to pay for it, but he said they did not have any. I can assure you I was not asking for anything for free.............Sorry to have stepped on the Oceania toes.

I'm guessing that they did not have a "small" bottle. They should have told you that and let you know what a large bottle would cost. Just my opinion.

They also totally overlooked my 70th birthday. Yes, they were aware of it.

My experience was the opposite. As I hate being conspicuous I kept quiet about having a birthday during our Riviera cruise so I was very surprised when a cake and a chorus of waiters appeared at our table on the day.

You know, it isn't worth my time! They also totally overlooked my 70th birthday. Yes, they were aware of it.

When did it stop being bad manners to make mention of a womans' age?

I vividly remember Arlene Francis saying that the proper response to "How old are you?"

Is to say "Five feet, five and a half inches......next question, please." :D

Edited by StanandJim