AI Confusion - here's what I want for the day - which is best?

GeekyGirlCruiser

I have a husband who is NOT a big beach person - but with the mention of the AI's that Cozumel has to offer (unlimited food, drink etc) I may have him sold. Here's what I am looking for - which of the AI's is best for this and what is the taxi ride from the pier (arriving on RCCL) to each?

We are a family of 4 - Myself and husband along with two kids (8 & 12) who are not the super adventurous type. :cool:

I am looking for -

• Wifi (preferable on the beach so we can sit together as a family)
  • snorkeling
  • possible water toys or water park for kids
  • food
  • drinks
  • shade/umbrellas included

Any ideas????

Mr. Sanchos has all of the things you're requesting with the following caveats:

I believe the wifi is in the main pavilion on the pay as you go side, so you could definitely use it if you did the AI but not on the beach. If this has changed I hope someone will correct me.

The water is very clear and beautiful and there is ok snorkeling there, but it is definitely not a reef or anything. This review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959571&page=25 has quite a few pictures from there, including many from snorkeling.

With non-adventurous kids I would also check out Playa Mia - the water toys at Mr. Sanchos are in deeper water for safety, and sometimes get busy with customers who have been over-enjoying the AI benefits :rolleyes:; Playa Mia is much more family friendly.

Just about any place you go to is going to have the things you asked about in Cozumel. This big difference is just going to be the "extras" some places have at their place.

We have been to several places in Cozumel and I have done a complete review on all of them along with TONS of pictures in each review. If you look at my signature line under Cozumel, you are welcome to take a look at them. With all the pictures I have, you should be able to get a good feel for what several places are like and if they would fit what your family is looking for or not. :)

Just about any place you go to is going to have the things you asked about in Cozumel. This big difference is just going to be the "extras" some places have at their place.

We have been to several places in Cozumel and I have done a complete review on all of them along with TONS of pictures in each review. If you look at my signature line under Cozumel, you are welcome to take a look at them. With all the pictures I have, you should be able to get a good feel for what several places are like and if they would fit what your family is looking for or not. :)

Your reviews are the ones that got me thinking towards the all inclusive. Which on them have wifi and which was your favorite? I would love wifi on the beach to keep an eye on the kids etc... but I think that's asking too much LOL

Your reviews are the ones that got me thinking towards the all inclusive. Which on them have wifi and which was your favorite? I would love wifi on the beach to keep an eye on the kids etc... but I think that's asking too much LOL

Well...out of the places we have been to, none of them had wifi actually AT the beach. Usually it's at the main building and/or dining hut.

However, when we were at Mr Sanchos, they were working on a new building right there at the AI and right behind the table/chairs area that sit on the beach. I'm not sure if it's done or not, but there was a sign about wifi there. So, I imagine somehow they are going to have wifi at this building just like the building over at the non-AI side. Maybe someone can confirm if it's built yet or not.

PC200277-L.jpg

As another option (as we did) was if the kids want to take a break from the ocean and swim a little, you can go over to the non-AI side and let them swim while you sit right there at the huge palapa table (for dining) on the wifi. There would be no problem watching them from here either.

PC200431-L.jpg

If you picked Nachi Cocom, you can get wifi there anywhere surrounding the pool (once again the kids could take a break from the ocean and swim). They have the chairs, beds, and table to chose from (although I have to admit, when we took our own computer to sit there, once it died, they would not let us use their computer-which is stationary at the desk for wifi under the palapa...even though we had purchased the entire day pass. Also the wifi strength was extremely bad and slow):

PC200896-L.jpg

I don't recall if Chankanaab has wifi and didn't try. So I'm not familiar with it there.

I honestly can't remember about Playa Mia either...I would have to go back and read my thread on it to see if there's any mention of wifi there. I guess I was having too much fun. :D