Diamond+ & concierges lounge

Yeah it happens when the lounge gets too full but is only in evening session and we get given elsewhere to go which quite often is nicer than the cl anyway

Also they are introducing vouchers now at 3 per night to use through drink time at virtually any bar on the ship

This is to cut down the load on the lounges

I find it is usually only day one and two it's busy there then rest only till 6:30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So far what seems to be the consensus is that once all the ships have a Diamond Lounge then this might be the time C&A make the decision. But it seems this will be in 2016....I think....

The vouchers may be a way to alleviate the problem in the meantime.

It's all just hear say at this point....new levels, new system of points, a black card...who knows...

Anyone hear or read anything about diamond+ folks being ousted from the Cl. Asking because we just made diamond + and we cannot get a suite for our annual Feb. Cruise. Someone awhile ago mentioned it may change in jan. 2015..
You'll be Pinnacle before you know it!...:rolleyes:

Yeah it happens when the lounge gets too full but is only in evening session and we get given elsewhere to go which quite often is nicer than the cl anyway

Also they are introducing vouchers now at 3 per night to use through drink time at virtually any bar on the ship

I find it is usually only day one and two it's busy there then rest only till 6:30

What cruise/ship did it happen on?

I don't know of any ship this has happened to a Diamond Plus. I also would like to know when and where it happened.

I don't know of any ship this has happened to a Diamond Plus. I also would like to know when and where it happened.

It may happen on Voyager and Freedom class ships. The CL on both classes is located in an interior room with no windows and the rooms are not very large.

We've experienced it on Radiance and Brilliance, where, with the CL and DL being located to Deck 13 now, they can open up the VCL to accommodate the overflow.

Enchantment is another example where, if the CL is overcrowded, they use the VCL for the overflow.

Edited by cruisenfever

Anyone hear or read anything about diamond+ folks being ousted from the Cl. Asking because we just made diamond + and we cannot get a suite for our annual Feb. Cruise. Someone awhile ago mentioned it may change in jan. 2015..

It may happen on Voyager and Freedom class ships. The CL on both classes is located in an interior room with no windows and the rooms are not very large.

We've experienced it on Radiance and Brilliance, where, with the CL and DL being located to Deck 13 now, they can open up the VCL to accommodate the overflow.

Enchantment is another example where, if the CL is overcrowded, they use the VCL for the overflow.

Patti the OP was asking (I think) if D+ was ousted from the CL and not about overflow lounges, at least that it was the way I took it.

Patti the OP was asking (I think) if D+ was ousted from the CL and not about overflow lounges, at least that it was the way I took it.

That is the way I took it also. I was interested to know if D+ have been ousted at anytime on any RCCL ship as was stated earlier. Overflow happens, but being kicked out should not.

That is the way I took it also. I was interested to know if D+ have been ousted at anytime on any RCCL ship as was stated earlier. Overflow happens, but being kicked out should not.

You responded to this post

Originally Posted by dancinman66 viewpost.gif

And there is nothing in this post that even remotely suggests that D+ have been or will be eliminated from using the CL.:eek: He is referring to an overflow lounge being used when there are too many D+/PC Members on board and the CL can not accommodate them.

You responded to this post

And there is nothing in this post that even remotely suggests that D+ have been or will be eliminated from using the CL.:eek: He is referring to an overflow lounge being used when there are too many D+/PC Members on board and the CL can not accommodate them.

Ok I got it now, dancinman66 was not responding to the OP's post below.:o Sorry for the confusion.

I've read about right here on cruise critic and this is where to get the difinitive information about just about any topic.

It therefore must be true.. But I do not believe it...

myticker.jpg

We just sailed the Allure of the Seas.

I cannot begin to tell you how crowded the CL lounge was every night.

It seemed if you were not there by 5:10 pm. You would not have a seat.

It fact it was not a problem to go upstairs and sit, (compared to last year when they did not want you to sit up there).

Of course we did not know if it was all suite guest or Diamonds, but, to us it did not matter.

We were first dinner so do not know what it was like after 6pm.

Sea Ya