Booking for someone else

Cruise Raider

Is it possible to book for someone else while on a cruise and still be able to secure the perks of booking onboard? (ie: beverage package, onboard credit, etc)

I know the FCCs are now transferrable to friends and family, but what about actually booking a cruise for someone that is not onboard with you??

Tried to book for friends 2 weeks ago and were told we could do that and they would get the perks except for the OBC which now is applied to the cruise you are on. Therefore we would have received the OBC to use immediately.

Only one problem- in order for us to book for them we had to book or be booked on that same cruise. So it didn't work in our case.

Are they still trying out the instant OBC on a ship or two? That stinks. I'd much rather have it for the future cruise.

Hopefully they will go back to that fleet wide before I book again in a few months.

OP, I was told in June that I could book for friends while I was on board. They did not say I had to go on the same cruise. I planned to, though.

Yes you can book for others not sailing. They can do up to 3 cabins -- if you want more, then they need management permission for the extras,

Have the

• guests name (s)
  • Cabin type location etc.
  • Captains club numbers if possible (which will have all the rest of the necessary information),
  • dates of birth,
  • address
  • phone
  • email
  • Method of payment for deposit (card, Expiration etc,)

They even let me pay the deposit with my friend's card without having the card in hand, not requiring a swipe of mine.

They got all perks that applied as if they were sailing on that ship as far as book on board perks and 123 perks.

Edited by cle-guy

Wow...thanks for the feedback.

I had booked a Panama Canal Cruise while onboard the Century a couple of months ago and now have a dear friend that is interested. Hopefully, they will be offering some good pricing at the time I book it. Wonder if there is there any benefit to booking onboard other than the instant credit or Future Cruise OBC while such a great promotion is going on?

Thanks for all the replies.