Panama Canal and Kids

That 201' clearance is at max high water and a tidal variation of up to 20', there is some wiggle room. The Canal presently permits an air draft of 205' to pass under the BOA depending on the tide. The Canal has always been lenient in granting exemptions to their requirements, the 208' doesn't seem too far outside the present parameters. Royal could also perhaps do some sort of modification to trim that 208 figure on the particular ship that they would want to transit. The bigger question might be does Royal want any of their Voyager class ships back on the West coast bad enough?

Also would they be able to fill it..

Last fall we did a 15 day transatlantic and my 4 kids were among the 15 that were on board. They usually combined ages 3-11 and when my two dd were in there often they were either by themselves or with only one or two other kids. However, they LOVED it. The AO staff still had to be there regardless of the number of kids and did some fantastic things with all that one on one attention. My 9yo, who usually doesn't like AO, chose to go there every day during our many sea days. The 3yo also loved it, and she often had a few playmates as most of the kids were probably under 5. Surprisingly, my teens met up with 4 other teens in the teen club and also had a great time.