Need help deciding!

Crunchymom

We leave in a couple weeks and I've read so many reviews and I just can't decide what shore excursions to do. It's my husband and I, and our 3 kids (10, 7, 2). I know with the kids, we're not able to do anything too adventurous and we're ok with that. We were thinking of just going to a beach on every island but I'm thinking something a little more here and there because I want it to be educational as well. We're going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau. Hubby and I have been to Nassau on a previous cruise....we personally loved the beach we went to, don't remember the name. We also don't want to spend a whole lot of money and if we do for an excursion, we want it to be worth it. Any suggestions??

I read the reviews on the gardens and zoo and they're not so good. Ahhh...I'll look into the pirate museum...my 10 year old wound love that.

My daughter and I (she was 3 at the time) did the garden in 2013 and we both LOVED it! And they did a small city tour on the way to and from. The van was very nice and the guides were excellent.

It was only a couple of hours from beginning to end so it was perfect for a child's attentions span.

We leave in a couple weeks and I've read so many reviews and I just can't decide what shore excursions to do. It's my husband and I, and our 3 kids (10, 7, 2). I know with the kids, we're not able to do anything too adventurous and we're ok with that. We were thinking of just going to a beach on every island but I'm thinking something a little more here and there because I want it to be educational as well. We're going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau. Hubby and I have been to Nassau on a previous cruise....we personally loved the beach we went to, don't remember the name. We also don't want to spend a whole lot of money and if we do for an excursion, we want it to be worth it. Any suggestions??

Last year in Nassau, we walked to the British Hilton, about 3-4 blocks from the pier. I think the price was about $60 per person that included $30 in food. At the beach, you had the usual chair and umbrellas. Also had beach toys, kayak, pool. etc Not really large so you can watch the kids easily. Also on that beach they sell Snorkeling excursions, about 1.5 hours long. I did that with our boys while my wife continued to enjoy the beach. I know it seams silly to do an excursion inside an excursion, but just the convenience was worth while to me. And on the walk back we hit all the shops. I think there was maybe 25 people on the beach with two ships in port.