Regal inside cabin thoughts

TW6cruiser

We have sailed in one inside cabin, on the Ruby, but for a 5 day cruise. I am considering a 7 day cruise on the Regal. We have not been on either the Regal or Royal. As the Regal is a new ship to us I thought we would be spending a lot of time exploring and am considering an inside cabin. Other than the obvious of NOT being under the pool or Horizon court, does anyone have any thoughts/comments on the inside cabins on the Regal. I am more inclined to get a regular balcony instead of a 'sideways' one (just for privacy issues when door to hallway is opened). Any comments/photos welcome. Thank you.

We have sailed in one inside cabin, on the Ruby, but for a 5 day cruise. I am considering a 7 day cruise on the Regal. We have not been on either the Regal or Royal. As the Regal is a new ship to us I thought we would be spending a lot of time exploring and am considering an inside cabin. Other than the obvious of NOT being under the pool or Horizon court, does anyone have any thoughts/comments on the inside cabins on the Regal. I am more inclined to get a regular balcony instead of a 'sideways' one (just for privacy issues when door to hallway is opened). Any comments/photos welcome. Thank you.

Was in an inside Cabin on the Royal TA last October; 18 days.

Have an inside Cabin on my Oct. 29 day Regal TA cruise.

I spend so little time in my Cabin so being inside doesn't bother me.

Note: I did not have a "sideways" Cabin

I am confused. Whats a sideways balcony?

Be careful in choosing a "sideways" cabin. Many of them are "quad" cabins with bed that are attached to the walls for the 3rd and 4th person. They appear to really stick out and look in photos easy to bump into. We had one booked for our September cruise on the Regal not knowing it was a quad. The online Princess deck plans do not mark them and to check you need to "pretend" to book for 3-4 people. Then the quads will show. Anyway, when we found this out we were able to change to a regular inside cabin just a few doors away. Our friends traveling with us have a non quad sideways so we will at least get to see one :).

<<<Karen>>>

Be careful in choosing a "sideways" cabin. Many of them are "quad" cabins with bed that are attached to the walls for the 3rd and 4th person. They appear to really stick out and look in photos easy to bump into. We had one booked for our September cruise on the Regal not knowing it was a quad. The online Princess deck plans do not mark them and to check you need to "pretend" to book for 3-4 people.

Luckily, the plans in the Cruise Atlas do show which cabins can hold 3rd and 4th passengers.

Be careful in choosing a "sideways" cabin. Many of them are "quad" cabins with bed that are attached to the walls for the 3rd and 4th person. They appear to really stick out and look in photos easy to bump into. We had one booked for our September cruise on the Regal not knowing it was a quad. The online Princess deck plans do not mark them and to check you need to "pretend" to book for 3-4 people. Then the quads will show. Anyway, when we found this out we were able to change to a regular inside cabin just a few doors away. Our friends traveling with us have a non quad sideways so we will at least get to see one :).

<<<Karen>>>

We will be on the Regal 11/16 in a sideways inside cabin C425. I don't think its a quad.

We were in a balcony on our first cruise and hardly used it. Have been in inside cabins ever since.

My daughter and her BF were in A406 ( a inside sideways cabin) on the Regal last month and really liked it. The only criticism was from her BF who felt the bathroom was on the smaller side (my daughter thought it was fine.). We were in A330 ( a mini suite) and spent some time in their cabin and I thought it was great.

The stateroom accommodations on Regal Princess and Royal Princess are going to be identical. If you don't have a Cruise Atlas you can use this PDF file of Royal Princess to check if your cabin is a double/quad...

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/PC_Royal_Deckplans.pdf

Here are some pictures I took of Inside Quads on Royal Princess...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40902059&postcount=461

And here are some pictures I took of C406 on Royal Princess, an Inside Sideways cabin with the beds in the queen configuration:

SET 1

SET 2

Some thoughts I had posted on another thread regarding this cabin:

I had an inside 'sideways' cabin for two weeks aboard Royal Princess and really never had any issues with noise coming from the corridor. The cabin door does not have the air grating at the bottom that is found on the Grand-class ship doors, so there was no seepage of noise from outside the cabin. One key tip is that after you shut and lock your door, give it another push to ensure the door seals within the frame. I did this every night and would hear it 'click' into place.

Being a light sleeper myself, I was also concerned about the fact that the beds where right there at the door, and not at the end of the 'hall' in the cabin past the bathroom. This for me turned out to be a non-issue. I actually preferred the sideways layout of the cabins on Royal Princess than the normal inside cabin I had on Ruby Princess the year prior.

I also found the storage and shelving quite adequate, and stored quite a bit of stuff under the bed including my ginormous suitcase.

This is from the review I wrote from the 2 weeks I spent on Royal Princess:

CABIN: I had C406, a 'sideways' inside, for two weeks. Location was perfect, with no cabin forward of me, and quick access to the amidships elevators, or just a bit further walk to the forward elevators and stairs.

The cabin layout has it that both bathrooms and closet areas of my cabin and the one aft of it are back-to-back, so noise from the other cabins bedroom area and TV were never an issue, nor did I actually ever hear anything at all from the other cabin during the two weeks I was aboard ship. The head of my bed was facing the bow end, the foot of the bed facing toward the aft end.

Storage space was plenty for me, and I never used most of the drawers in the bedroom area or shelves in the two smaller closet areas. A lot of my items I just kept in my suitcase or carry-on and pulled them out as I needed them. My large suitcase fit easily under the bed. The pump dispensers in the shower were a nice addition, but I always bring my own from home. The position of the toilet paper dispenser was a non-issue.

WiFi from the cabin worked quite well, as did the A/C, and TV. No issues with shower water pressure or temperature.

The interactive TV offered a lot more options than I could ever have used in the time I was aboard ship.

The Intranet was great, and although I save the Patters as a keepsake, I never really used the paper version, always opting to use my iPhone instead. Not only does the Intranet list all ships activities and venues, but also lists menus for most all restaurants except the MDR.

C406

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

Are the sideways inside cabins like the one pictured in dmwmc1959's post only found on the Ruby and Royal?

I've been in an inside cabin only once (on the Star) and it was horribly small. But I'd book another inside if I could get one like the cabin pictured n the above post.

The sideways inside cabins on the Grand class ships are even nicer with doors on the closets and a little more room.

Below pictures are from the Emerald Princess.

I wouldn't say they're 'even nicer'. Personally I prefer the decor and layout of the inside cabins of the Royal-class over their counterparts on the Grand-class.

:D

The stateroom accommodations on Regal Princess and Royal Princess are going to be identical. If you don't have a Cruise Atlas you can use this PDF file of Royal Princess to check if your cabin is a double/quad...

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/PC_Royal_Deckplans.pdf

Here are some pictures I took of Inside Quads on Royal Princess...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40902059&postcount=461

And here are some pictures I took of C406 on Royal Princess, an Inside Sideways cabin with the beds in the queen configuration:

SET 1

SET 2

Some thoughts I had posted on another thread regarding this cabin:

I had an inside 'sideways' cabin for two weeks aboard Royal Princess and really never had any issues with noise coming from the corridor. The cabin door does not have the air grating at the bottom that is found on the Grand-class ship doors, so there was no seepage of noise from outside the cabin. One key tip is that after you shut and lock your door, give it another push to ensure the door seals within the frame. I did this every night and would hear it 'click' into place.

Being a light sleeper myself, I was also concerned about the fact that the beds where right there at the door, and not at the end of the 'hall' in the cabin past the bathroom. This for me turned out to be a non-issue. I actually preferred the sideways layout of the cabins on Royal Princess than the normal inside cabin I had on Ruby Princess the year prior.

I also found the storage and shelving quite adequate, and stored quite a bit of stuff under the bed including my ginormous suitcase.

This is from the review I wrote from the 2 weeks I spent on Royal Princess:

CABIN: I had C406, a 'sideways' inside, for two weeks. Location was perfect, with no cabin forward of me, and quick access to the amidships elevators, or just a bit further walk to the forward elevators and stairs.

The cabin layout has it that both bathrooms and closet areas of my cabin and the one aft of it are back-to-back, so noise from the other cabins bedroom area and TV were never an issue, nor did I actually ever hear anything at all from the other cabin during the two weeks I was aboard ship. The head of my bed was facing the bow end, the foot of the bed facing toward the aft end.

Storage space was plenty for me, and I never used most of the drawers in the bedroom area or shelves in the two smaller closet areas. A lot of my items I just kept in my suitcase or carry-on and pulled them out as I needed them. My large suitcase fit easily under the bed. The pump dispensers in the shower were a nice addition, but I always bring my own from home. The position of the toilet paper dispenser was a non-issue.

WiFi from the cabin worked quite well, as did the A/C, and TV. No issues with shower water pressure or temperature.

The interactive TV offered a lot more options than I could ever have used in the time I was aboard ship.

The Intranet was great, and although I save the Patters as a keepsake, I never really used the paper version, always opting to use my iPhone instead. Not only does the Intranet list all ships activities and venues, but also lists menus for most all restaurants except the MDR.

C406

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

Dave, have booked a sideways inside on the Lido deck for a British Isles cruise next July and was able to confirm that it's not a quad so that's good. We are next to white space which I usually try to avoid as I know it's probably crew space. Any thoughts on what this might be and whether there will be a noise issue? We're in L 214. My first inside ever so I'm a little nervous about it, but having seen your pictures and read your review, I thought I would try it for a port intensive itinerary.

Dave, have booked a sideways inside on the Lido deck for a British Isles cruise next July and was able to confirm that it's not a quad so that's good. We are next to white space which I usually try to avoid as I know it's probably crew space. Any thoughts on what this might be and whether there will be a noise issue? We're in L 214. My first inside ever so I'm a little nervous about it, but having seen your pictures and read your review, I thought I would try it for a port intensive itinerary.

My best guess is that the 'white space' aft of your cabin is the Retreat Pool where it dips down below the Sun Deck. It aligns perfectly with that white space on Lido Deck.

I booked E 505 on the Royal. The deck plans show it between two lifeboats. However when I look at the picture on Renmar's site, it looks like the lifeboat is in front of the balcony. Do you have any pictures of the outside of the ship where you put your famous arrows showing this cabin?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

Regards,

Eileen

I booked E 505 on the Royal. The deck plans show it between two lifeboats. However when I look at the picture on Renmar's site' date=' it looks like the lifeboat is in front of the balcony. Do you have any pictures of the outside of the ship where you put your famous arrows showing this cabin?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

Regards,

Eileen[/quote']

It looks like the front half of your balcony is going to be behind one of the davits, the aft part of your balcony open to the space between davits.

14867457382_37f0e45278_c.jpg

(Credit John Wilson)

It looks like the front half of your balcony is going to be behind one of the davits, the aft part of your balcony open to the space between davits.

14867457382_37f0e45278_c.jpg

(Credit John Wilson)

Thanks, Dave. This is consistent with the deck plans. I appreciate your help :)

We just got off the Regal on Wednesday, having spent 12 wonderful days in Riviera 715. Mom & dad, plus a 17 & 18 year old in a quad inside without a complaint. Well, maybe I would complain a bit about how it was hard to turn on a little bit of light, but the kids just used the sleep mask they got on the plane. It helps if you are on the neat side and deal with clothes every day. We had a regular, not sideways cabin.

My real reason for commenting is to mention that I found the rooms near the middle of the ship to have a persistent low level of both noise and vibration. Even up in Alfredo's the table jiggled. It might drive me crazy, especially the hum. A positive thing to say about the aft Riviera deck if you are putting lots of people in one room is that there are hallway bathrooms for men and women next to the wedding chapel. They were always empty, and we made use of them often when we were all wanting to make a quick cabin stop. I would book a Riviera aft cabin again on Regal again if I am lucky enough to sail on her again. She is beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Regal on Wednesday, having spent 12 wonderful days in Riviera 715. Mom & dad, plus a 17 & 18 year old in a quad inside without a complaint. Well, maybe I would complain a bit about how it was hard to turn on a little bit of light, but the kids just used the sleep mask they got on the plane. It helps if you are on the neat side and deal with clothes every day. We had a regular, not sideways cabin.

My real reason for commenting is to mention that I found the rooms near the middle of the ship to have a persistent low level of both noise and vibration. Even up in Alfredo's the table jiggled. It might drive me crazy, especially the hum. A positive thing to say about the aft Riviera deck if you are putting lots of people in one room is that there are hallway bathrooms for men and women next to the wedding chapel. They were always empty, and we made use of them often when we were all wanting to make a quick cabin stop. I would book a Riviera aft cabin again on Regal again if I am lucky enough to sail on her again. She is beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you post the Patters please?