UDP reservation times are TERRIBLE :(

Advance permission quickly granted for all to say, "Tsk, tsk, tsk, oh bless his heart. Don needs to get a life." :)

Not only do I have my advance reservations made, but for some of the locations I know exactly what I'm going to order for that meal, and won't even need the menu. Yep, that's sorta sad.

Oh dear. While I haven't chosen specific meals, I do have it narrowed down to a couple choices. Apparently, I'm rather sad and lifeless as well. ;)

OK, now you guys are really putting my shiftless, seat-of-the-pants ways to shame. And all this time I've been thinking I was the one with no life. :eek:

I picture myself wandering in and out of restaurants, looking for one to take pity on me and let me in without a reservation. Then getting weird glances from my fellow diners when I actually have to read the menu to decide what to order.

I've always considered myself pretty "together" on a cruise, but I can see on Getaway I'm going to be looked upon as a rank newbie. ;)

Yes, yes...hang your head in shame. :p

I have read other similar reports. Seems to me like a strange way to handle it. Not just for the solo cruiser - but all those with an odd number in their party.

Right now I have a prebooked reservation (made online) for 3 in Teppanyaki on Epic. 2 of the 3 have UDP. The other does not. I paid $0 when booking. Apparently it's inconsistent. I also prebooked Teppanyaki for 3 on Getaway prior to sailing that ship. Exact same situation.

Untitled-1_zpsa5c3c507.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

Right now I have a prebooked reservation (made online) for 3 in Teppanyaki on Epic. 2 of the 3 have UDP. The other does not. I paid $0 when booking. Apparently it's inconsistent. I also prebooked Teppanyaki for 3 on Getaway prior to sailing that ship. Exact same situation.

Was your only choice 5:00pm? I know when I tried to book my May reservation, the only times they had for a party of 1 was at 5:00 or 5:30, that is why I made the reservation for 2 because I could get a 7:00 time.

Was your only choice 5:00pm? I know when I tried to book my May reservation, the only times they had for a party of 1 was at 5:00 or 5:30, that is why I made the reservation for 2 because I could get a 7:00 time.

No, there were several times available, but we wanted as early as possible.

If you are in a suite, you can make your dinner reservations 100 days prior to your cruise and in a non-suite, 90 days prior.

Sorry, don't know about show reservations.

Thank you we are in a mini suite so it will be 90 days for us. :D

Edited by Theresa522