Flying Southwest

MEME&JOE92

I have never purchased the EB on any of my flights and after the nightmare of a flight we had with 8 people in our party on the last cruise and all different boarding numbers because we couldn't check in while we were ship on the ship...I'm considering it this time for our return flight home.

I did notice when reading on SW that it states you have to purchase it for everyone on the ticket if you purchase it at the same time you are making your flight reservations. But then it states that it can be purchased later (which would be what I would be doing since I already have our flights booked for November) and not everyone has to purchase them on the ticket and gives you the drop down box as to whether or not you want to purchase it for each person on the ticket. So...couldn't just 1 person in the party purchase this option and the save a seat for the spouse? Or how would that work?

I have never purchased the EB on any of my flights and after the nightmare of a flight we had with 8 people in our party on the last cruise and all different boarding numbers because we couldn't check in while we were ship on the ship...I'm considering it this time for our return flight home.

I did notice when reading on SW that it states you have to purchase it for everyone on the ticket if you purchase it at the same time you are making your flight reservations. But then it states that it can be purchased later (which would be what I would be doing since I already have our flights booked for November) and not everyone has to purchase them on the ticket and gives you the drop down box as to whether or not you want to purchase it for each person on the ticket. So...couldn't just 1 person in the party purchase this option and the save a seat for the spouse? Or how would that work?

That might work, and middle seats normally go last, but you could run into a couple that want two seats together, one of which is the seat you are saving.

Edited by clarea

Saving seats on Southwest is like "Chair Hogs" onboard cruise ships. It's not right and you may start a small riot in your section. Saving one seat may or may not work, but some people will board and try and save entire rows.

Flights these days are usually completely full and EB is really a good idea for ALL people in your group.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

One advantage to NOT using EBCI, is that you can pick the person or people you sit next to. "Why yes, you are hot! I will sit next to you!"

On a recent WN flight my partner and I gave up our seats so that a Mom could sit with her young daughter. We each received free cocktails/beer and were served first before any other passengers, even though we were sitting mid aircraft.

We've never used EBCI.