Pre cruise hotel

Cruz77

First, it matters where you are coming from and how you intend to get to the cruise terminal.

If flying, there are lots of nice hotels in the airport area. For convenience, the Hyatt MCO can't be beat--right in the airport. BUT you pay for that convenience.

Off airport property are plenty of 2.5* hotels that include free breakast and transportation to/from the airport. We have stayed at the Hyatt Place (great), Country Inn and Suites(very good but breakfast a half notch down), Hampton (wouldn't do this one again), etc. On my next cruise, I have a spot for $60. Price is right, as is the place. Hyatt Place has a cruise transportation package where they will transport you round trip to Port Canaveral--the price was far less than DCL transfers!

I'll have plenty of time to travel to the cruise terminal in the morning, so this suits me fine.

If you want to stay near the port, the Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral are your best bet. The Radisson has a great pool but it is an older hotel and seems to be constantly remodeling. Sorry, I want clean, comfort, and quiet--Radisson doesn't always come thru. These all offer park and cruise packages with shuttles to the port.

I assume you are flying in a day prior to your cruise. So will you be taking ship shuttle or are you arranging your own transportation? I have stayed in the airport Hyatt. Do you have any hotel points that you can use at airport or in port Canaveral?

We stay at the Hyatt Place Airport - Northwest. Great place for the price. Free breakfast and transportation to and from the airport. One queen room sleeps 6 comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hyatt Place NW is one of my favorite hotels. Yes, there is a little more hassle than staying within the airport but the trade off is an excellent complimentary breakfast, great staff, free internet, good pool, and a much lower price than the Hyatt MCO. I'll happily give up a fancy atrium for a lower rate.

If you wish, this hotel offers a package that includes round trip transportation to the cruise terminal. Look under "specials" on the web site.

If you are driving...

We like the Hampton Inn, in Titusville on I-95. Right on I-95 at Highway 50 from Orlando. Free breakfast, free internet, ok pool. !5 minutes to the ship in the morning. Price is usually under $95 in advance. We've stayed there many times.

Also next door to a Cracker Barrell, because you won't get nough to eat on the ship...

If you are driving...

We like the Hampton Inn, in Titusville on I-95. Right on I-95 at Highway 50 from Orlando. Free breakfast, free internet, ok pool. !5 minutes to the ship in the morning. Price is usually under $95 in advance. We've stayed there many times.

Also next door to a Cracker Barrell, because you won't get nough to eat on the ship...

Do they let you keep your car there

We are flying in the day before. I am looking for the least hassle getting to the port the next day. I'd prefer to not rent a car. I've never sailed out of port Canaveral. We we leave out of ft Lauderdale we stay at Hyatt place and like that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We are flying in the day before. I am looking for the least hassle getting to the port the next day. I'd prefer to not rent a car. I've never sailed out of port Canaveral. We we leave out of ft Lauderdale we stay at Hyatt place and like that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

OK, so choices...

1) stay at the Hyatt MCO and use DCL transportation to get to the cruise terminal. Advantages--easy--they handle luggage from your room at the Hyatt to the cabin on the ship, No need for any transportation once off the ship. Totally reliable. Depart for terminal when YOU are ready (bus leaves at least every 20 minutes, more when busy, beginning about 9:30am)

Disadvangage--cost. DCL transfers are $35 per person each way. Hyatt MCO is one of the most expensive hotels although you can get a discount thru Disney, use of various codes, etc. No food included o a typical Hyatt stay, but plentiful at a decent cost in the airport food court.

2) Stay at Hyatt Place NW and book the cruise package that includes transportation to and from the terminal. This sort of service is also available at the Wyndham (for sure) and I've read that they Hampton is now offering it--I've never used the Hampton's service. Hyatt Place NW is better than Wyndham AND cheaper.

Advantage--great value, super breakfast included. Nice hotel

Disadvantage--must take complimentary shuttle from airport to hotel. One bus departure in the morning. A little more effort. Bus will unload your luggage to the porters at the terminal, so tip expected.

3. Stay anywhere you wish and book a limo service to transport you to the port. This works whether you choose to stay in the MCO area or in the Cape Canaveral area. It is just a matter of which day you ride the towncar/limo service. Personally, I'd stay in the MCO area--hotels cost less, less crazy in the morning, complimentary shuttle from MCO to hotel is easier than from Cape Canaveral hotels to the cruise terminal. Towncar service will drop you right at the terminal check in area and will allow a 15-30 minute stop at a store if desired.

Advantage--runs on YOUR schedule

Disadvantage--cost can be a factor depending on number of people in your party. Break even compared with DCL transportation at about 4 people.

If you choose to stay in Cape Canaveral--Residence Inn or Country Inn and Suites. You can also opt for Cocoa Beach in the port area--just a little farther away.

Edited by moki'smommy

when we stayed at Hyatt inside airport, we ate dinner and breakfast in the food court. They have an Olive Garden in food court. We went down to transportation area to catch ride to cruise port

Edited by AF-1

We always stay at the Fairfied Inn/Titusville. It is about a 20-30 minute drive to the port in the am. There is a Cracker Barrel in the same parking lot, a pool, free breakfast and a voucher for discount cruise terminal parking ( I think it's 40 percent off). The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. My daughter also made friends with another little girl who was traveling on the same cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are flying in the day before embarkation also, due to difference in flight costs. We chose to stay at the airport Marriott, they provide free shuttle back to the airport. So, we are going to do the shuttle to airport and catch the Disney motor coach to Port Canaveral. We weren't sure as well what route to take flying in the day before, but a call to DCL helped us with the option we chose! And again, the only reason we chose to fly in the day before is because there was an almost $200 per person difference in the flight costs!

And again, the only reason we chose to fly in the day before is because there was an almost $200 per person difference in the flight costs!

That may be the reason that mattered to you at the time you booked, but what you've also accomplished is that you KNOW you'll be on the ship (considering air delays, etc. it is always a good idea to come in a day early. We consider the hotel/comp breakfast as cheap travel insurance). Point 2, all the stress and hassle is on the flight day. You will get on the ship relaxed and ready for a good time. Point 3, any luggage that goes astray will have time to catch up to you before the cruise. It just makes sense to come in a day early.

We have stayed at the Country inn and suites in Port canaveral and it was very reasonable and nice. :)

There are NO hotels or car rental places in PORT Canaveral. They are all located in Cape Canaveral. While this may seem like a trivial distinction, if you go a search for PORT Canaveral locations, often nothing will come up.

There are NO hotels or car rental places in PORT Canaveral. They are all located in Cape Canaveral. While this may seem like a trivial distinction' date=' if you go a search for PORT Canaveral locations, often nothing will come up.[/quote']

Excuse me, it's in CAPE CANAVERAL. I'm pretty sure anybody could figure that out.

You can literally see the cruise ships from your hotel room so PORT CANAVERAL could work as well.

Excuse me, it's in CAPE CANAVERAL. I'm pretty sure anybody could figure that out.

You can literally see the cruise ships from your hotel room so PORT CANAVERAL could work as well.

Sorry, but search engines can't see. Try a Budget rental car search for Port Canaveral and you get nothing. It is right down the street from the CI&S. People do get frustrated by trying to search and thinking there is nothing nearby.

The hotels and car rentals are in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach (as well as other surrounding communities. Some will catch it if you are able to request 5 miles from the Port, others will just say there is nothing at that location.

We live on the west side of Orlando. But sometimes we like to stay at the Double Tree on A1A, just down the street from the Port. Gold Hilton members get a free cocktail hour from 5-7PM M-F and free breakfast daily.

Just be aware no matter where you stay, many of the shuttle services are not reliable. We left our car at the Doubletree (which they allow) and paid a shuttle service $5 per person rt to take us to the port. The service was right in the hotel itself. We got there no problem, but they never picked us up! We had to call a taxi to get back to the hotel. When we got to the hotel, the shuttle service refused to refund our money or pay for the taxi.

I wrote to the hotel manager told them about the very unreliable vendor they had in their hotel. She sent me a check from my trouble.