Breakfast in Ft. Lauderdale

AtMaui

What are some opinions on Lester's Diner ? We were going to give that a try in a few weeks during our pre-cruise days.

Lesters is nothing special if you've been to a diner before, but it's fine, very popular for breakfast. They have huge coffee cups.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. We'll be there on a Friday so Sunday brunches won't work. Has anyone been to Joe's Diner in the Harbor Shops?

I went to Joe's Diner once for breakfast. It wasn't good...we were told we could seat ourselves outside but then servers walked by repeatedly and did not even look at or acknowledge us. After we finally ordered, my omelette arrived totally cold. I went there because it was recommended on Cruise Critic by someone, but I'd rather go to Denny's down the street.

Lesters is nothing special if you've been to a diner before, but it's fine, very popular for breakfast. They have huge coffee cups.

Thanks....not a lot of "diner" type restaurants in my home town area..usually only get to eat at them when traveling...So it sounds pretty good (according to a few reviews I've read) for our simple breakfast style appetities.

http://www.mirabelsmagazinecentral.com/DigitalEdition/index.html?id=a516a65d-8e5c-4799-9e83-0b341a4e063f&pn=111&pv=d&utm_source=mobilestorm&utm_medium=gclblast&utm_campaign=gclblast3jul14_p111

I hope this link works...Here are the top 15 brunches from Delray to Fort Lauderdale according to Gold Coast Magazine, July 2014 issue.

http://www.mirabelsmagazinecentral.com/DigitalEdition/index.html?id=a516a65d-8e5c-4799-9e83-0b341a4e063f&pn=111&pv=d&utm_source=mobilestorm&utm_medium=gclblast&utm_campaign=gclblast3jul14_p111

I hope this link works...Here are the top 15 brunches from Delray to Fort Lauderdale according to Gold Coast Magazine, July 2014 issue.

Love a bunch of those places! S3, Tap 42, Foxy Brown's, Big City, etc!

Love a bunch of those places! S3, Tap 42, Foxy Brown's, Big City, etc!

Blue, have you tried the brunch at Beauty and the Feast? I like it there for dinner but we so rarely go out for breakfast or brunch so we haven't tried brunch. I had brunch at S3 but the mushroom omelette was hard and tasteless (weird, it had a shiny crust). I like their skirt steak/yucca later in the day.

Blue, have you tried the brunch at Beauty and the Feast? I like it there for dinner but we so rarely go out for breakfast or brunch so we haven't tried brunch. I had brunch at S3 but the mushroom omelette was hard and tasteless (weird, it had a shiny crust). I like their skirt steak/yucca later in the day.

No I haven't. We've been to Big City, Cheesecake, Sweet Nectar, Ritz and a couple of other places but have gotten stuck at American Social. It is just so good and such a good deal we are finding it is hard to go anywhere else.

We finally did get to Hot & Soul and it was amazing!

Have you tried Fork & Balls yet? Can't wait for Louie Bossi's to open!

No I haven't. We've been to Big City, Cheesecake, Sweet Nectar, Ritz and a couple of other places but have gotten stuck at American Social. It is just so good and such a good deal we are finding it is hard to go anywhere else.

I LOVE Fork & Balls!

I also recently tried the bruscetta at Noodles Panini and was blown away...it has melted cheese between the bread and the topping and it's enough for 6 people! Of course I was off my everyday low carb diet that week, LOL.

I'll have to check out the American Social brunch. I like it there in the daytime. At night it's just crazy busy!

I LOVE Fork & Balls!

I also recently tried the bruscetta at Noodles Panini and was blown away...it has melted cheese between the bread and the topping and it's enough for 6 people! Of course I was off my everyday low carb diet that week, LOL.

I'll have to check out the American Social brunch. I like it there in the daytime. At night it's just crazy busy!

Make a reservation and you have to get there by 11:30. No one leaves until brunch is over at 2:30. It is really a Sunday Funday!

Ok I'm totally hungry now! We don't go out too often for breakfast or brunch on the weekends but when we do, we like Delicaseas and Beach Cafe in LBTS, and Giorgio's Bakery in Hollywood Beach. We like to try at least one new restaurant a week. I'm curious about Louie Bossi's? What kind of cuisine? We haven't tried Fork & Balls yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok I'm totally hungry now! We don't go out too often for breakfast or brunch on the weekends but when we do, we like Delicaseas and Beach Cafe in LBTS, and Giorgio's Bakery in Hollywood Beach. We like to try at least one new restaurant a week. I'm curious about Louie Bossi's? What kind of cuisine? We haven't tried Fork & Balls yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Fork & Balls is a meatball restaurant from the YOLO/Tarpon Bend/S3 people and it is fantastic!

Solitas went out of business or moved (I wasn't a fan) and the Executive Chef for Big City Tavern is Louie Bossi and the Big City people are opening a restaurant under his name. They are doing a multi million dollar upgrade to the building for this new Italian eatery. They have literally torn the front off the building and have construction walls up to the street.

I LOVE Fork & Balls!

Have you tried BAO yet? Asian fusion and the food is out of this world. I had some Kimchi popcorn the other day that almost made me cry.