Brilliance balconies???

kwazi07

I am looking at TRs of Brilliance and I notice that many balconies on deck 7 have a white platform level with the balconies due to the indent. Which deck 7 balconies don't have this? How obstructed is the view straight down from decks 8 thru 10?

Also, are all hump/aft balconies JS? Do they cost extra?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I am looking at TRs of Brilliance and I notice that many balconies on deck 7 have a white platform level with the balconies due to the indent. Which deck 7 balconies don't have this? How obstructed is the view straight down from decks 8 thru 10?

Also, are all hump/aft balconies JS? Do they cost extra?

Not all aft and hump balconies are Junior Suites, however a JS usually does cost more than a D/E category.

Not all aft and hump balconies are Junior Suites, however a JS usually does cost more than a D/E category.

I meant do the D/E humps of afts cost more than normal D/E?

Some of the deck 7 balconies are "extended"...but are less private, since the balcony divider doesn't go all the way to the railing.

The lifeboats are below ALL side balconies. You can see them from every deck. Because deck 7 is so close, you see the lifeboat covers right away...but have no fear! Your field of vision will go to the most interesting sight, which is the ocean! Your outward view is NOT obstructed at all.

The aft balconies have nothing below them...but they are a LOOOOOOOOOOONG walk....if you come and go to the cabin frequently, you will get sick of the walk!

Edited by cb at sea

That is considered a PRIMO cabin. :) (8088 is even better)

When would it be sold? The cruise is November 21 2015 on Brilliance. That is Thanksgiving week. I believe it is 600 dollars.

Some of the deck 7 balconies are "extended"...but are less private, since the balcony divider doesn't go all the way to the railing.

The lifeboats are below ALL side balconies. You can see them from every deck. Because deck 7 is so close, you see the lifeboat covers right away...but have no fear! Your field of vision will go to the most interesting sight, which is the ocean! Your outward view is NOT obstructed at all.

The aft balconies have nothing below them...but they are a LOOOOOOOOOOONG walk....if you come and go to the cabin frequently, you will get sick of the walk!

If we had a cabin on deck 7, we would not be able to look down, right? It seems like all we would see is a white wall.

Yes, I would be very happy with that stateroom.

Only problem is it exceeds our budget for next year... $3000 for an inside and a balcony. Its a five night cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel. The choose your wow sale isn't really working out with this cruise.

Correct. These cabins are usually cheaper as well as they are listed as obstructed view, but you can look out and see the ocean just fine.

Only problem is it exceeds our budget for next year... $3000 for an inside and a balcony. Its a five night cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel. The choose your wow sale isn't really working out with this cruise.

Holiday cruises are always more expensive. I try to avoid them as much as possible. I'm not overly fond of sailings packed with children.

Holiday cruises are always more expensive. I try to avoid them as much as possible. I'm not overly fond of sailings packed with children.

There is a cruise over the weekend after Thanksgiving and we would miss one day of school...it is only 4 nights instead of 5. What is there to do in Costa Maya as the 4 night does not go there? Will we be missing anything?

When would it be sold? The cruise is November 21 2015 on Brilliance. That is Thanksgiving week. I believe it is 600 dollars.

If we had a cabin on deck 7, we would not be able to look down, right? It seems like all we would see is a white wall.

7040 Brilliance pix taken from inside the cabin. I loved the cabin, so fripping less money for such an incredible sized balacony, go grab some loungers. That last 2 feet not a big deal on clear divider glass. If you stay near the slider the top decks can't really see you. Life boats never in field of view. Enjoy some meals out on your real table watching an amazing sunset or rise.

qe7e9ary.jpg

7040 Brilliance pix taken from inside the cabin. I loved the cabin, so fripping less money for such an incredible sized balacony, go grab some loungers. That last 2 feet not a big deal on clear divider glass. If you stay near the slider the top decks can't really see you. Life boats never in field of view. Enjoy some meals out on your real table watching an amazing sunset or rise.

qe7e9ary.jpg

e3unu9u6.jpg

Is 7040 the balconies in the from (over Radiance of the Seas) or is it one of the extended deck 7 balconies in the aft?

Deck 7 balconies could be considered less desirable do to the life boat roof/covers. We always stay in a hump on Radiance class ships because of the downward view obstruction. But given a choice of inside or deck 7 balcony, we would still go with the balcony. No matter what you (or your family) decide its better than sitting at home/work/school!

Deck 7 balconies could be considered less desirable do to the life boat roof/covers. We always stay in a hump on Radiance class ships because of the downward view obstruction. But given a choice of inside or deck 7 balcony, we would still go with the balcony. No matter what you (or your family) decide its better than sitting at home/work/school!
Stayed on deck & several times and the "downward view obstruction" is a non issue for me.

For what it's worth, here is a picture taken one foggy/rainy morning from our deck 8 balcony [8654 on Radiance] showing the life boat cover and the extended balconies on the side cabins on 7 aft.

P1020568.jpg

Here's another showing the view when we were out to sea:

P1020479.jpg

The life boat cover was not a big deal to me, at least not on 8.

The E2 extended balacony are in the froward area and the rear area shown on the deck plan. I guess size wise are vey comparable to the aft cabin. The price range is less than the d cat.

Again there is about 2 feet from the railing and 4ft high that is clear glass. At least half length wise of the balcony is in view of all the upper decks. There is a 1 1/2 ft or so hang of the ship by the slider going out so you have some privacy. I never had a problem and I was out near the railing at later at night occasionally. Again it has a real table which means you could have a nice sunset dinner outside.

I so throughly enjoyed the cabin and balcony. There was no noise from centrum or theater. I felt fairly centrally located to about everything. I really enjoyed my amazing cabin steward Thomas.

With the Radiance class you have those amazing sea facing elevators. You have the great outdoor terrace just after WJ. You have to Movie screens. You have pool tables at sea. I can't wait to get back on to Brilliance or one of her Sisters. When I am on Vision next month I will see about a fall 2015 on a Radiance class ship in NE.

u8amygam.jpg

Hope this helps!

Enjoy!