Cab vs Shuttle

cruiseagain2

Haven't done it yet, but will be doing it next month. From what I've researched, a taxi should average $80-$90. The cheapest transportation that I've found is Prime Time Shuttle. They are charging $32 total one way for 2 passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Define better off.

Prime Time and Super Shuttle are both about the same. They both like to be full before heading for the airport. I think you save a little by making a reservation and prepaying, but then you are stuck with one company. Walk ups can try jumping on whichever is the next van to leave.

It also depends on how many people.

The shuttle companies also offer private car service transfers where it is only your family in the car. The prices are on the web sites .

Whether taxi or shuttle make sense depends on how many people are going since shuttles usually charge per person and taxis charge one fare for the group.

A shuttle is always cheaper, but we like the convenience of the cab - I don't remember how much it was but I do remember it was much cheaper coming back from Long Beach to LAX than it was going... something about the airport taxes when the taxi originates from the airport.