barcelona transportation

keeka

It depends where your hotel is.

You have two basic choices - taxi or train.

The train can be mobbed in July but should be fine in October.

You don't particularly need to speak Spanish as long as you are clear about your destination.

When you ask for best you have to define best. It means different things to different people.

When we were on a land-based holiday in Barca a few years ago, we took the train from the airport, but decided to get a taxi at the end of our stay.

We usually get a taxi and it costs around 30 euros. We print out the name and address of our hotel to make sure there is no language issues as our Spanish is v minimal. I would get the train if my hotel was near the Sants station though.

With luggage a taxi is best for us. We have also taken the airporter bus back and forth to the city center, as we were staying out at an airport hotel. To get to the airport bus, it is a very long walk by the way.

The least expensive way is using the Aerobus from the airport which goes to Placa Catalunya (top of Las Ramblas). If your hotel isn't far from there, you can walk.

My mom and I did this last year (200 meter walk to hotel). It was very doable... although it would have been easier without the 3rd suitcase we had :eek: If you just have two rolling cases and your carry-ons, this is an option to consider if you are budget minded and looking for an easy and very inexpensive option.

Have a great trip!

Melissa