new to NCL - booked on Jade/Haven

Dorie7

Hello,

We are going to Europe next year for a 10 day cruise on Jade. I am wondering about any perks for booking a suite?

Also I was ordered an ALLIN option that seems expensive (an additional $2300.00, that works out to $1700 more due to a discount?). I am confused as to whether or not this is a good deal? It looks like it is essentially alcohol and restaurants with a few little things like strawberries that aren't significant. Is that right? On a port intensive trip like Europe, that may not be a good value because you may never get to use most of the items that you will be buying up front.

If there are any perks for being in a suite, it would probably make this offer redundant. Also, we don't drink very much, maybe a glass of wine with dinner, so we wouldn't use that part of the package. Any advice from people that are used to sailing NCL Haven?

AT the moment we are booked in a suite that is H3 9004. I just noticed that it has an enclosed balcony. What does that mean? Is it open to the outside? Should we change to an H4? Would an H4 be closer to the centre of the ship? I am concerned about seasickness if far forward.

Finally, the girl that I spoke with at NCL said that the cancellation policy for a suite is different from the cancellation policy for the rest of the ship. Is that true? I have heard that there are good places to eat if you stay in the suites, but that the main dining room food is not that great? Again, am I just getting confused or is this accurate?

Thanks for any help.

Obviously, I don't have a clue what I am doing here! Please help!

Finally, the girl that I spoke with at NCL said that the cancellation policy for a suite is different from the cancellation policy for the rest of the ship. Is that true?

Yes it is correct. All the information you are after is on the NCL web-site. Would it not have been more beneficial to find out your required information before you booked?

I was ordered an ALLIN option that seems expensive (an additional $2300.00, that works out to $1700 more due to a discount?). I am confused as to whether or not this is a good deal?

It is an exceptional deal.... if you like a few drinks a day and want to eat in all the premium restaurants...every night. Plus it also pays your gratuities,

Those three add-ons, plus the 10% off your fare make it a bargain. the extra $200 credit on excursions and the internet time make it even better

Yes it is correct. All the information you are after is on the NCL web-site. Would it not have been more beneficial to find out your required information before you booked?

LOL!! Yes, you would think so. I kind of found an itinerary that i liked and jumped on it without thinking it through. Now I am trying to figure it all out.

Sorry.

This All inclusive package is so new that there isn't any feedback available yet, however, you do have the option to cancel it if you do the math and figure it isn't worth it to you.

This is from the T&C for this package, "Only ALLIN package can be cancelled until day of sailing with refund. Upon cancellation the 10% discount off cruise fare will be removed from the reservation." (just a note, this means you don't have to make any other changes to your reservation if you want to just cancel the allin portion.)

Just wanted to share that so you don't feel locked into something that costly.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

Edited by All-ready2cruise
ps to add info.

This All inclusive package is so new that there isn't any feedback available yet, however, you do have the option to cancel it if you do the math and figure it isn't worth it to you.

This is from the T&C for this package, "Only ALLIN package can be cancelled until day of sailing with refund. Upon cancellation the 10% discount off cruise fare will be removed from the reservation." (just a note, this means you don't have to make any other changes to your reservation if you want to just cancel the allin portion.)

Just wanted to share that so you don't feel locked into something that costly.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

Thank you for the kind information. Good to know that the Allin is cancellable!

1 - Suites do a have a different cancellation policy - meaning you have less time before the final payment and no refund kicks in.

2 - The all inclusive is NOT for everyone. Since you drink very little,the value drops way down. Since you already get breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, you may not want to eat in specialities every single night. You can still eat in buffet, main dining room and a few other places at no cost.

3 - Being in a suite, you will get some things like strawberries delivered to you anyways.

1 - Suites do a have a different cancellation policy - meaning you have less time before the final payment and no refund kicks in.

2 - The all inclusive is NOT for everyone. Since you drink very little,the value drops way down. Since you already get breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, you may not want to eat in specialities every single night. You can still eat in buffet, main dining room and a few other places at no cost.

3 - Being in a suite, you will get some things like strawberries delivered to you anyways.

Wow! That is so helpful! Just what I needed to know.

Thank you very much for your assistance! You are very kind.

I think that I will pass on the ALLIN.

Edited by Dorie7

Been on the Jade, never stayed in suite 9004 but we have stayed in one of the two-bed suites in the Haven. As you say, 9004 is an H3 and the two-bed Haven suite is an H4. The H4 is a bit smaller than the H3 and is around £300/$450 less. The H3 is front facing and so the balcony has special door arrangements onto the front balcony in case it is windy when he ship is under way. The H4 is about in he middle of the ship facing out from the side. The H4 balcony is a bit small (two loungers and a small table are possible and we have also had an upright chair from inside out here as well.

You didn't say how many of you are going, so the second much smaller second bedroom would be a bit wasted if just the three. However, we cruise as a threesome (38 year single )daughter and the privacy of the room and the extra toilet ans shower are priceless. The H3 has a separate section for he main bedroom, but more than two and one of the other day seats has to be made up for you each night.

The biggest issue for us between the H3 and H4 is the access to the Haven itself. 9004 is quite a long way from the Haven because there is five decks and almost half the ship between them. You will have access to the Haven but the only lift to it is midships.

The H4 suites are on either side of the Haven and you can just walk across the corridor and you are in. If you are intending to use the small pool or the mini-fitness room that distance would be a bit of an issue. There is also a very large private sundeck accessible from the Haven on Deck 15 and again, going up there would be quite a trek from 9004.

As well as the H4s next to the Haven on deck 14, there are two H5 suites that are the same as the H4s but without the extra small bedroom/toilet/shower. Those two H5s are about another £300/$450 less than the H4s and although the layout is identical to the H4s in the main area are obviously a bit smaller overall.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any other specific questions about the Jade in general or it's Haven in particular, if you want.

Somewhere here there is a list of all the suite amenities, but I'll give you some highlights.

You may have breakfast and lunch in Cagney's which is only for people in suites.

You will have a butler and concierge. The butler can deliver meals to your cabin and will bring snacks every day. The concierge can assist with making dining reservations and shore excursions. They also expedite custom checks on the ship.

You get priority boarding and debarkation including port stops.

Reserved seats in the theater.

Upgraded robes and toiletries.

Also, regarding you H-3 cabin. In addition to the front balcony (which is huge) there is also a side balcony so if the front is too windy there is still a usable space. Also, there are 3 bottles of liquor (you choose from a list) included with the H-3. But, yes, it is a bit of a trek to the Haven area which has a small pool and hot tub.

Welcome to NCL and the suite life!

We stayed in the Haven Owner Suite (H3) on the Jade last June, and it is the nicest ship suite we have ever seen! We have had the 2 bdr. Haven suite on the Gem (the suite layout is very similar to the ones on the Jade), and thought that was fantastic. But the Owner Suite on the Jade was even better - really superb! You will love it. The owner suite actually have two different balconies, one in the front (with a couple of sunbeds and a large table), and the "enclosed" one on the side - that is the size of more than two regular balconies. Enclosed in this setting just means that the balcony is a little bit "framed in" by the hull of the ship. Not destroying the views at all.

The Jade is not a very large ship - so I would choose the Haven Owner Suite over any other Haven Suite on the Jade, except for the Luxe Owner Suite, it is NOT far to get to the Haven area from there. The front balcony was too windy when the ship was sailing at full speed, but magnificent to watch the scenery when sailing in and out of ports. And in the evenings and at night, we had the other balcony as an alternative. Never noticed any movement from the ship, all though we were at the front of the ship.

I will enclose a few photos I made from our OS, we were in no. 10004, so right above where you have booked. One of them shows the exterior of the suite, marked with red lines.

IMG_4352.jpg.bd157a80c08be592722db3f855aa2e14.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg.9fc54db1e0d62c0ad8d409156f3af1bb.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg.c57511901e0b591dd5ea4c412428cb88.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg.8a192c7d025df2b8294e8926e66321d0.jpg

IMG_4361.jpg.91a63183554facd86cd1a34f27e9d696.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg.8d5e4626025817a46eb51d32fa788b45.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg.8db652e65483b6507bea74ec02eb3c9c.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg.960411902d7c84424c59b572d50be34d.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg.3c5083843f38872ba3cfc9e4ed1b0e98.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg.0271e2fb6b73f8bd12e456e622a0a2bf.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg.6da92edb26ef8357debb2a0ef7a6939a.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg.388fb5a698d148771b6683a1033285b2.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg.15768bb2a7c718e66988692d754aeba9.jpg

20140614_135536.jpg.e65f39b0ded6fbd95a69984bda3d0025.jpg

20140614_135559.jpg.80b15f2f646a113a632a8d829fad9ec8.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

We've cruised in the Owners Suites on Deck 10 several times and are booked in 10004 on the Pearl next April. I have a webpage for the suite: Suite. The perks and Haven information for suites are basically the same on the Jade and Pearl ships so the webpage would also apply for your suite.

The floor plans are mostly the same across the ships. However, the OSs on deck 10 are larger cabins with separate dining rooms and the OSs on deck 9 have dining areas and larger front balconies. I think the bathroom is also different between decks.

You can Google "NCL Jade suite 9004 and see info more specific to your suite, including photos of the decor.

I'm sure you'll love your suite!

We stayed in the H4 on the Pearl, sister ship and loved it. I really enjoyed the Haven access with hot tub right outside the room in the haven area. Also took advantage of the steam room in the Haven area and the deck on 15 up the stairs from the Haven. Also nice to walk down the stairs for Cagney's breakfast and lunch. The room you have booked is not in the Haven area so you may find that you don't take advantage of the Haven area as much. We loved coming back to the ship after excursions to our own quiet and peaceful floor with much nicer hallways, its own elevator and then ability to hop into the Haven courtyard a couple steps from our room to chill out, swim or hottub or grab a cookie or juice.

However the spa is much closer to the room you have booked and so if you are planning on purchasing a spa pass or several treatments it will be easy to access from your room. The room you have booked is typically more expensive and is bigger so that is a consideration as well. We had plenty of room in the Haven 2 bedroom. The second bedroom is kind of a waste if only sailing with two but the extra bathroom is nice.

You may want to consider time of year that you are sailing. If during cooler months it may be a little too chilly to take full advantage of the forward facing balcony.

In my opinion the best part of the two bedroom Haven room was the tub and shower both of which have full windows that look out at the sea.

Re the All in package. Your DSC is covered but the butler and concierge is not part of the DSC. You'll want to tip them separately. Daily snack delivery is already included in the Haven. something different every day and sometimes it's chocolate covered strawberries, sometimes chocolate, sometimes apps. The breakfast and lunch we had in Cagney's was excellent. We booked some dinners at specialty restaurants prior to our cruise and it was just way too much food. Food is very subjective but we did not mind the food in the main dining rooms and buffet. Buffett crowds can be overwhelming but food was varied and tasty. The main dining room food was fine and not half as bad as I had anticipated. The specialty dining was better but after a delicious breakfast and lunch we simply did not need the dinners we ate.

How exciting to sail in the Haven on the Jade. We are also sailing the Jade next year 14nt however not in a suite.