So, What Happens in a "No-Show" Situation?

zaknzoey

Say we booked 5 in a Deluxe OV. A few days before departure a couple find they cannot go.

What happens in this situation? I know there will be no refunds and all that. But would Carnival try to move us to a smaller room that only accommodates 3??:confused:

Or would we still be able to keep our room?

What about port fees and taxes? Do they get refunded? If so, who do they refund that to?

Thanks for all your wisdom!!

:D

a few days before departure-- they lose all their money.

Unless they have insurance. With insurance they have to cancel the cruise.

With no insurance-no reason to cancel since they lost their money anyway

The chances of you being moved that close to sailing is minimal.

Edited by serene56

a few days before departure-- they lose all their money.

OK, so there is no refund of port fees and taxes for those two individuals that are not on board? Just want to be clear. I thought I read somewhere, that if someone ends up not being able to go at the last minute, the port fees and taxes are refunded. But I could be remembering it wrong! :rolleyes:

The chances of you being moved that close to sailing is minimal.

I hope so! In fact, if this happens, we would not even notify Carnival ahead of time. Just show up and tell them the others are no-shows.

and prepaid grats, did this a few weeks ago with my daughter not making it. Told them at check in and all was fine, port and grats will be put back to my CC. The also contacted me to see if she would be meeting up at a future port. kept my same cabin

A refund of port fees and taxes will be made to the credit card used to book the person. Takes a few days.

This.

This is one of the reasons I'm asking. I'm paying for the cruise for everyone! :rolleyes:

Just wondering IF this situation happens (and it could) would I get the taxes/port fees back.

Thanks so much!

This.

This is one of the reasons I'm asking. I'm paying for the cruise for everyone! :rolleyes:

Just wondering IF this situation happens (and it could) would I get the taxes/port fees back.

Thanks so much!

If you can afford to take that chance of a no show, why not get cancel for any reason insurance on them.

If they no show you'll get the drink coupon if they've sailed before...and they will still have MDR seats.

One cruise I traveled solo so I paid 200%. Got a price drop and called. The rep saw I was in a balcony cabin for 3 and insisted on moving me. I insisted she not! At the same time, they had the 3rd person travelled free promotion. So I booked both my kids, kept the cabin and forgot about it.

They ship had many cabins available the day we sailed...no one needed my cabin.

When I checked in, I told them the kids would probably be no shows. No problem. Got the refund of port/tax a few days later on my credit card.

I read from someone who said they got charged more because of the no-show which I thought was stupid since carnival got to keep the money anyways. Glad to read some good (and the way it should be) that no one got charged more.

But would Carnival try to move us to a smaller room that only accommodates 3??:confused:

Chances are that you won't be moved that close to departure, but even if they did move you, your new cabin will be the same exact size as your previous one. Cabin square footage within the same category is basically identical, and while Carnival can move you, they won't downgrade you to a lesser category. The only difference will be that you won't have beds tucked in the wall or ceiling, and there won't be a spare trundle bed taking space.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

On our recent cruise granddaughter and her friend were no shows due to a medical emergency. They had their own cabin but everything had been paid with my credit card. I was refunded port fees and taxes, FTTF fee and purchase price of decorations I had put in their cabin. I was very (pleasantly) surprised at the two latter refunds. And the cabin steward had even given me the decos to bring home!

This.

Thanks so much!

Yes they'll be refunded within a week of your return. We had this happen with some of our guests on our wedding cruise. Four people didn't show for various reasons, so it was a nice downpayment on our surprise Honeymoon a month later. The money went back on our card since we paid.