CABANA at GSC - YES or NO?

din2play2

Now you just added more confusion to my list...lol :eek:

Where do you get the clamshells? I just tried to look it up but I couldn't find them. Do you rent them prior to sail, during sail or on island? how much are they? Do you get on earlier tender if you have one?

Once on board go to excursion desk and reserve them or use the concierge if you have access. They also include priority disembarkation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also doubted that a cabana would be worth it, but we splurged and loved it! It was great to be able to have shade and the amenities made everything incredibly easy. It was an easy walk to the relatively uncrowded beach in front of the cabanas. We enjoyed the floats, comfy loungers, towels, etc..

We were a family of 5 with children and Grandma. If it was just DH and me, we probably would have just grabbed a couple of chairs in the shade, but this decision worked very well for us.

When I booked our cabana, the website said unlimited use of hippo slide was included with cabana. That was Nov, 2013. While we were on the ship looking at the excursion descriptions, I noticed that use of the hippo slide was no longer described as part of the cabana package. I asked at guest services and they had no idea. Luckily I print everything out and had the paperwork with me. When we got to GSC, we went to the excursion hut to get our wristbands for the cabana. We were given disclaimer forms to fill out for the hippo slide and after we filled them out, she gave us wristbands for both the hippo slide and the cabana. We were never charged extra for the hippo slide. I don't know if we just got lucky or if they are still sort of "grandfathering" the people who made cabana reservations a long time ago. Either way, I had proof that it was advertised as included when I paid for the cabana. I would wait to pre-book a separate Hippo Slide excursion. The hippo slide won't sell out, and you can always ask nicely at the excursion desk, and maybe they'll give it to you. $20 per person for all day use is almost as steep as the slide itself:D I didn't go on it at all, DH and DS (age 18) only went on once. DDs (pre-teen, teen) went on about 3 times.

Thanks for your response! We will definitely all go on the slide a bunch of times, so it will be worth the $$. We paid $15pp in advance or its $20pp on the ship/island. I heard that you could also pay $5 if you only want to go once.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting the link for the pictures! I decided last night that I would book a cabana after reading all the posts. :D The only thing I wish is that the hippo slide was still included just to go down once and for the overgrown kids ;) that will be with us.

Thanks again to all for your opinions! :)

Thanks so much for posting the link for the pictures! I decided last night that I would book a cabana after reading all the posts. :D The only thing I wish is that the hippo slide was still included just to go down once and for the overgrown kids ;) that will be with us.

Thanks again to all for your opinions! :)

I believe they still sell individual slides on the Hippo for about $5 each:D.