Embarkation Lunch on Jewel

DShock

Is the Windjammer the only option for embarkation lunch on Jewel. We are Diamond and booked in a full suite if that matters.

You can check if the pizza venue in the Solarium is open, but I suspect Windjammer will be the only choice for lunch on embarkation day.

Since many people will be enjoying San Juan as a port and the ship doesn't leave until late, I think eating lunch in WJ will be nice - not crowded - and, as always, a nice intro to our cruise! They will call us to our room during lunch and then - we're off!!

Not sure why eating is the 1st thing folks want to do on a cruise...but yes...if you get there early, the WJ isn't crowded at all.

First - why does it matter to you what people do? Why do people go to the MDR first? Why do people wait for the hall doors to open to get to their room right at 1? Answer: because that is what they want to do.

Secondly - I typically don't eat breakfast. I usually need an hour or two before I'm even hungry. That usually lines right up with the time I get on the ship. So simple to say I'm hungry, and when I'm hungry I look for something to take care of that. The WJ is the place I hit when I get on a ship.

I guess I'm an oddball. I like to embark after 1pm...so that I can go directly to my cabin. I love seeing where I'll be staying for the next 'whatever' days. It's especially exciting if I've booked a balcony...love going out there to look around at the ground to see what's going on.

I try not to think about getting my suitcases, because the next thing I like to do is unpack. Getting all settled and 'moving in' is my 'high' for the day.

Then, I might think about getting a small something to eat. My suitcases don't normally arrive too early...so I have to be patient until they arrive. That's where eating something uses up some time until I can unpack.

We're all different...isn't that nice :D

Jewel also has the Seaview Cafe (on one of the top decks at the back). That's where we went last year. Going back again in September. They have fish and chips, salads, and other hot foods.

Second vote for the Seaview Cafe. I believe Jewel is the last ship with one intact, so enjoy it while you can OP. It has odd hours, so check the Compass for exact times. I greatly prefer it to the WJ.

Jewel also has the Seaview Cafe (on one of the top decks at the back). That's where we went last year. Going back again in September. They have fish and chips, salads, and other hot foods.

I just don't know if Seaview is open for lunch on embarkation day.

It's on Deck 12 and, unless things have changed, it opens later in the afternoon on embarkation day.

On the recent Aug 2 2014 sailing of the Jewel, the MDR was open for lunch on embarkation day. A buffet lunch was offered in the center of the lower level consisting of salads, choice of breads, chicken, pasta, fish, and several desserts. Our family found it to be quite good.

On the recent Aug 2 2014 sailing of the Jewel, the MDR was open for lunch on embarkation day. A buffet lunch was offered in the center of the lower level consisting of salads, choice of breads, chicken, pasta, fish, and several desserts. Our family found it to be quite good.

Sounds wonderful. Always eat in MDR on Princess upon boarding. Which MDR? Which deck?

A very nice touch. Seems the management of Jewel is trying to provide an alternative to Windjammer on embarkation day.

Wow that would be nice. Our last couple of cruises, we have found the windjammer to be extremely crowded (Serenade and Grandeur) and couples, families were sharing tables with strangers. I thought it was nice seeing folks offer, but I like that there may be alternative with the MDR.