Stop the presses! X now permits combination of reduced rate with Pick your perk!

Tangocherie

It's true. I was surprised to find out earlier today from my travel agent that I am allowed to get the benefit of the reduced past guest rate for my cruise AND the Pick your perk (123 GO) promotion, including the Classic beverage package.

WOW! I almost could'nt believe it since this was not allowed previously. I called the Captain's Club and they confirmed that is now the new policy. Get em while they're hot!:eek::D

That is interesting as my TA advised me today that that was not possible...but he got the info from Celebrity at the time we booked...just took a while for us to discuss this...:o

Buy the way, this new policy applies to my upcoming cruise in Australia.

Buy the way, this new policy applies to my upcoming cruise in Australia.

Well I just tried to call the Captains Club to check (sadly they are closed for the day)...I will still check anyway. I do know that there are a lot of offers for Celebrity sailings in Australia (outside the Dec/Jan peak) and there are double perks if you sail on the Century....:)

Our booking is for a sailing in Asia :)

Sounds interesting, but I've never heard of a past guest reduced rate. What is this?

You are the 2nd person to ask today :D It is the Captains Club discount that is applied when you put in your CC number when making a booking. Think you need to have done at least one cruise though :)

Sounds interesting, but I've never heard of a past guest reduced rate. What is this?

It's a reduced rate that Celebrity sometimes offers to it's past guests. This reduced rate is available, for instance for my Dec 1 sailing on Century. I got a savings of almost $700 CAN. On top of this, I was allowed to combine the Pick your perk promo. Add to that the on-board credit my TA is adding into the pot.

I am more than happy!:D

You are the 2nd person to ask today :D It is the Captains Club discount that is applied when you put in your CC number when making a booking. Think you need to have done at least one cruise though :)

Thank you it just might work if I'm Lucky. happy0180_zps42e58677.gif

What about bookings made through a TA?

It's a reduced rate that Celebrity sometimes offers to it's past guests. This reduced rate is available, for instance for my Dec 1 sailing on Century. I got a savings of almost $700 CAN. On top of this, I was allowed to combine the Pick your perk promo. Add to that the on-board credit my TA is adding into the pot.

I am more than happy!:D

So it is a new booking....not one made with the old 123Go promotion?

Just tried this on X's website on the cruise I have a deposit on, price doesn't change if I use my CC#. Do I need to have my TA do it? I'll gladly have her cancell and rebook (again) if the cost is worth it :D

Not every cruises has past cruises (Captains Club) discounts. Some cruises do, some don't just as some have senior discounts, resident discounts, and Police/Fire/Military discounts. They're all marketing tools, that may or may not apply to a cruise depending on how well it is selling.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I am more than happy!:D[/quote

Where do you access these special rates? Are the discounts on select sailings only?

Edited by MoyCoy

We got the email from Capt Club about a $300 pp discount on select sailings, and a Texas resident discount. Either one could be combined with the 123 program. Or there is the Senior discount of $550 pp, also combinable with 123. Of course it is for new bookings and our 1A at the 1B rate on Equinox is $1220 pp higher than when we booked last Jan. It may help some but not everyone.

Ok this is good news only if the cruise you are looking at offers a particular discount (ie Past Guest - Captains Club Member Special - Age - Place of Residence etc)

More often than not most cruises don't offer these discounts... As they seem to rotate around

The one thng that Past Cruisers / Captain Club Members are entitled to that many don't know about (and you have to ask for it) is the ability to book a cruise with a reduced deposit... Just 50% down when booking ashore is enough to snag your cruise. Nice perk of CC Membership

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Ok this is good news only if the cruise you are looking at offers a particular discount (ie Past Guest - Captains Club Member Special - Age - Place of Residence etc)

More often than not most cruises don't offer these discounts... As they seem to rotate around

The one thng that Past Cruisers / Captain Club Members are entitled to that many don't know about (and you have to ask for it) is the ability to book a cruise with a reduced deposit... Just 50% down when booking ashore is enough to snag your cruise. Nice perk of CC Membership

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers!

Thanks....did not know about the reduced deposit:o

The cruise i booked has the captain club discount but a dummy booking on the site does not seem to allow me to have the discount applied....so i need to check with my TA tomorrow (once i get confirmation from CC when i call them later that i can get both :) )

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers!

The one thing I know as a fact is the possibility to combine past guest rates and Pick your perk. I do not know if you can combine with other reduced rates.

We just booked a January cruise online, and yes, we were able to get both our CC discount AND Pick Your Perk. It was a little confusing to do online, however, so be careful. First, make sure you are logged in as a CC member. Then, enter the code for the perk you choose in the box marked "Offer" (beverage package code is PYPBEV.) Click "Update", and you will get a choice of 2 blue boxes through which you continue your booking. Only one (the 2nd one) listed the Free Beverage Package. So, make sure you click "Book Now" on the correct section. Anyway, once I followed those steps, I was very pleased to see both offers listed on my booking.

I am more than happy!:D[/quote

Where do you access these special rates? Are the discounts on select sailings only?

I'd love to know how people get all these extras seemingly for free. We are doing the HK to Shanghai cruise next April (our 3rd cruise with Celebrity !!) and have had to ask for any discount (a measly £30 per cabin) AND have to pay for the Classic Beverage Package, which I thought was an offer for booking early/a balcony cabin. Perhaps other posters have wound me up to expect more than I'm entitled to. I'm not a greedy person, but are we being treated fairly/What do others think? Are UK passengers treated differently to US?