Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 10/2/2022 at 4:30 PM, oneupchuck said:

Just hopped on the Carnival Miracle and wanted to report that they have a free single sex steam room and sauna in the spa/fitness center area. The Carnival Miracle is a spirit class ship, and includes the Carnival Spirit, Legend, and Pride.

20221002_121840.jpg

20221002_121850.jpg

20221002_121901.jpg

20221002_121834.jpg

20221002_121829.jpg

Awesome pics and info! Sauna/steam, best part of my workout! Josh.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 2:13 PM, kanadakid said:

Curious to know if Princess' "Caribbean Princess" has free unisex steam and sauna. Says the Fitness Ctr is free but can't seem to find this out by reviewing ship Info. I know it said there is a quieter vibe aboard with a slightly older crowd so wouldn't mind that, but lack of access to relax in the steam would be a deal breaker for me.

I was on the Caribbean Princess about 7 years ago and as best I can remember she did have separate facilities for men.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:49 PM, coldhendricksmartini said:

Hi everyone. I'm recently back from NCL Gem's Med cruise.  The week's thermal suite pass was definitely worth it. The sweeping views sailing into and out of those ports while relaxing in the sauna were amazing.  Plus, there wasn't too much traffic so I was able to enjoy the facilities without a suit without any problems.  

I've now booked NCL Jade for November 2023 out of Tampa.  It'll be interesting to see how similar the Jade's thermal suite is to the Gem, as well as the company.  🙂

Hate wearing suit! The whole point of sauna/steam is to RELAX and just be comfortable!

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, barry1984 said:

On Brilliance OTS now and they’ve changed the steam/sauna to a “thermal suite” that you need to pay for to access 

Not sure exactly how they enforce this as they are still accessed via the men’s locker room which is open to all.

Very disappointing.

image.gif

That sucks! Is it still single sex or is it now CoED?

16 hours ago, JoshuaLifter said:

Has anyone checked out MSC? I cannot tell anything from the deck plans of their ships if they have men's only sauna/steam?

I was on the Meraviglia last spring.  The main steam and sauna are coed and you have to pay.  The gym has a locker room with a medium size sauna in it.  That's the one I spent my time in.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, twodjs said:

Has anyone been on the Koningsdam recently? Is the men's sauna functioning? I'm asking because last Thanksgiving both single-sex free saunas with the big windows were closed the entire cruise because of a broken part. Doing that Mexico cruise again this Thanksgiving, so want to be sure it's available.

I was on Koningsdam in May 2022 to Alaska. The men's sauna was working fine. It was rather a unique experience, enjoying the hot sauna naked, having interesting conversation with other guys, looking out to the beautiful snowy mountain view, all at the same time. Quite relaxing. Since this sauna wasn't connected to the changing room. it wasn't too busy. Only few of us regulars kept meeting there. However, this men's sauna only had a very narrow changing / shower area. We could only put our stuff on the wall hooks. If there was a third person coming in, he had to find a dry spot on the floor to put his stuff. That was the downside of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 11:19 PM, bigsquare88 said:

I was on Koningsdam in May 2022 to Alaska. The men's sauna was working fine. It was rather a unique experience, enjoying the hot sauna naked, having interesting conversation with other guys, looking out to the beautiful snowy mountain view, all at the same time. Quite relaxing. Since this sauna wasn't connected to the changing room. it wasn't too busy. Only few of us regulars kept meeting there. However, this men's sauna only had a very narrow changing / shower area. We could only put our stuff on the wall hooks. If there was a third person coming in, he had to find a dry spot on the floor to put his stuff. That was the downside of it. 

There is the same problem on Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam  with regards to lack of hanging space for clothes. 

20 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Looking forward to some winter sun in January.

Any other steam/sauna users on HAL Rotterdam Jan 4 - 25.

Always happy to chat.
Would love to hear from other guys joining this cruise or hear about spa experience from past users.

After a workout I am a total Sauna/Steam lover! Met some amazing men, and  had  some amazing conversations there!

On 11/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, Birmingham Cruisers said:

In your opinion, what is the ship with the best facilities. I have never sailed with Holland America before.

My favourites have to be NCL’s Jewel class ships, so Jewel, Pearl, Gem & Jade although there is a charge for a pass. RCL used to be good but they’ve ripped the single sex areas out, coincides with their decline I think. I’ve heard the older Princess ships are ok, but never tried. I’m on the Diamond Princess in August. 

16 hours ago, waldorf said:

My favourites have to be NCL’s Jewel class ships, so Jewel, Pearl, Gem & Jade although there is a charge for a pass. RCL used to be good but they’ve ripped the single sex areas out, coincides with their decline I think. I’ve heard the older Princess ships are ok, but never tried. I’m on the Diamond Princess in August. 

I agree with you with regards to NCL Jewel class ships.Great pla e to escape especially on sea days.

I believe Diamond is sister ship of Saphire which I ha e been on a d has a great large men's sauna and steam free of charge in the men's locker room, no Windows on the ocean though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hoping to enjoy our spa time on Rotterdam in January and then on Regal Princess at the end of April.

Always good to make new friends. 

Agree 100% with you. I do not know why but, the men I meet in the sauna or steam room, the conversations are just so much better, deeper than if we were just sitting in a lounge or bar.

That is why I like to spend some extra time there after the first night, you can sometimes make good cruise friends and go on excursions and as a single dad it is  just its nice to have some adult  buddies to hang with during a cruise. I wish more cruise lines would treat these areas as a social areas that needs to be enhanced, not sometimes tucked away.

• Like 3

On 11/6/2022 at 10:50 PM, JoshuaLifter said:

Hate wearing suit! The whole point of sauna/steam is to RELAX and just be comfortable!

Well; health-wise, certain part of male body is supposed to regulate heat and has it wrapped up and steamed alive does not make a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, txbear said:

Hey fellow steamers !!!! Haven’t been on here for a year or two ! Going on the Allure of the sea , march 5 . Anyone know about there layout ?

Allure of the sea has only a coed paid area 

that has not window's 

There's  not separate  free area like on older ships for a men's sauna  / steam room 

All oasis class ships ans newer are like this on Royal  now unfortunately 

• Like 3

Just found out that the Diamond Princess has a traditional Japanese bath with segregated men's and women's sides ($15 for a 2 hour visit). It's clothing optional from 8am to 10am with swimwear required the rest of the day. I'm booked for the February 5th sailing from San Diego down to Mexico - the last one before it heads back to Japan. There is also a free segregated sauna and steam room near the fitness center. 

• Like 1

Just came back from a cruise with MSC Virtuosa and wanted to report that they have a free single sex sauna with 2 showers within the gym changing room. It was very quiet during the entire cruise because very few guests including regular gym goers knew about the changing room/sauna as it is not clearly labelled. IMG_20221125_180319.thumb.jpg.45ed7303bb59f1a3017714b9c6d478c8.jpgIMG_20221125_180251.thumb.jpg.86cfd8004ba178b59cfd273edc0462da.jpgIMG_20221125_180227.thumb.jpg.d20e09be3747857763d8ca19fac65c7e.jpgIMG_20221125_180220.thumb.jpg.5f59775afbb0c1683f489a63ddc81a4f.jpgIMG_20221125_180140.thumb.jpg.d5254fae0a96ded4829120c774110991.jpgIMG_20221125_180122.thumb.jpg.f6e25153ba96c67f0b8a257aa83c55e9.jpgIMG_20221125_180101.thumb.jpg.4db20a36b1d13adf40d91aa2e984b1f9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mjs99mjs said:

Just found out that the Diamond Princess has a traditional Japanese bath with segregated men's and women's sides ($15 for a 2 hour visit). It's clothing optional from 8am to 10am with swimwear required the rest of the day. I'm booked for the February 5th sailing from San Diego down to Mexico - the last one before it heads back to Japan. There is also a free segregated sauna and steam room near the fitness center. 

I have heard about this facility and would love to try it. I am lucky to live close to a Korean spa here in New Jersey which is  segregated and totally nude.

19 minutes ago, alexdw said:

I have heard about this facility and would love to try it. I am lucky to live close to a Korean spa here in New Jersey which is  segregated and totally nude.

Any idea why it's only clothing optional for 2 hours a day?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mjs99mjs said:

Awesome news!