Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

13 hours ago, coldhendricksmartini said:

I'm boarding the NCL Gem on Sunday.  I'm curious of the ship's capacity for that sailing and if I'll have much company in the thermal suite.  

Have done the thermal spa on Gem. Jade and Jewel.

It has never been crowded but always had some company especially late afternoon and sea days.

Enjoy!!

11 hours ago, alexdw said:

Have done the thermal spa on Gem. Jade and Jewel.

It has never been crowded but always had some company especially late afternoon and sea days.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the information. I assume you think it's worth the price. Will have to check it out one day. 

On Brilliance OTS now and they’ve changed the steam/sauna to a “thermal suite” that you need to pay for to access 

Not sure exactly how they enforce this as they are still accessed via the men’s locker room which is open to all.

Very disappointing.

image.gif

6 hours ago, barry1984 said:

On Brilliance OTS now and they’ve changed the steam/sauna to a “thermal suite” that you need to pay for to access 

Not sure exactly how they enforce this as they are still accessed via the men’s locker room which is open to all.

Very disappointing.

image.gif

Oh no. It's bad enough that all the new ships have stopped including free steam and sauna. But to hear they are continuing down the fleet, removing the few remaining ones, is downright depressing. And worse, most cruise lines seem to be doing the same thing. 

1 hour ago, willcan said:

Oh no. It's bad enough that all the new ships have stopped including free steam and sauna. But to hear they are continuing down the fleet, removing the few remaining ones, is downright depressing. And worse, most cruise lines seem to be doing the same thing. 

We like the new Pinnacle class ships on HAL (Rotterdam, Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam) they have a great sauna with big window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willcan said:

Agreed, this is an awful trend. The thermal suites aren't great, but they're better than nothing even if they do come with a fee, but on some of the "amplified" ships they haven't put in a thermal suite after removing the nice fitness center and locker rooms that had complimentary facilities. We won't sail on a ship that doesn't have at least a sauna, free or otherwise.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Agreed, this is an awful trend. The thermal suites aren't great, but they're better than nothing even if they do come with a fee, but on some of the "amplified" ships they haven't put in a thermal suite after removing the nice fitness center and locker rooms that had complimentary facilities. We won't sail on a ship that doesn't have at least a sauna, free or otherwise.

Agreed. Many ships that do charge are co-ed so you have to wear a suit. Not my idea of a great spa experience. Is the brilliance ots still single sex?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, willcan said:

When on a ship specifically let the Guest Services manager know you and others appreciate the free sauna. On post cruise surveys let the cruise line know you and others appreciate the free sauna. Write a letter to the cruise line letting them know you and others appreciate the free sauna.

See the pattern here?

Personally, the Thermal Suite and Hydrothermal Pools on those ships that have them is my favorite onboard amenity.  HAL's ships, other than the Volendam and the Zaandam, are my favorite.  I think they are worth every penny that I pay.  And, even a better value if there is a special rate for the entire cruise that I have found on embarkation day.  

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, ShipWalker said:

When on a ship specifically let the Guest Services manager know you and others appreciate the free sauna. On post cruise surveys let the cruise line know you and others appreciate the free sauna. Write a letter to the cruise line letting them know you and others appreciate the free sauna.

See the pattern here?

While I agree that we can try to let cruise lines know our opinion, in the end it comes down to revenue, and they know that the 10 percent of people who may use these facilities aren't making them as much money as the other 90 percent. The cabins they can put in place of the fitness centers (on Royal Caribbean ships) will generate far more money than they will lose from the few of us who will stop cruising with them eventually. They won't really care.

I understand the revenue aspect. But when Celebrity, who claims to be so inclusive, deliberately eliminated any single-sex sauna or steam from even the paid spa areas of their newest ships, I believe they've gone too far. Those are off my list for that very reason.

Edited by twodjs
  • Like 2

Any new updated or first hand reviews/thoughts On the Celebrity Solstice Men's sauna/steam room facilities.

Hoping they are open and being used for good coversation amongst travelers and crew.

Thank you