Grandeur Aft JS

ihopfar

I am looking at a 2016 cruise on the Grandeur -- already assuming I am going to really enjoy my trip on her in 2015.

This time we are thinking of upgrading to an Aft JS instead of our normal balcony because three is not much price difference and being so far out, there is plenty of availability.

Which Deck 7 Aft JS would you pick, if available? Are they all the same?

Thanks!

Brad

I would probably opt for the corner aft staterooms, 7150 or 7650.

Thanks Bob! (You are always so fast!)

Will it let me book one of these for only 2 people even though they hold 3?

What is the advantage of a corner aft on the Grandeur?

Would you book these over a Deck 8 Aft? I am trying to stay away from Deck 8 because of the pool/buffet/etc on Deck 9. Do I need to worry about noice from Deck 9 in the Aft or is Deck 8 (non corner) Aft better than Deck 7?

Thanks!

Brad

Thanks Bob! (You are always so fast!)

Will it let me book one of these for only 2 people even though they hold 3?

What is the advantage of a corner aft on the Grandeur?

Would you book these over a Deck 8 Aft? I am trying to stay away from Deck 8 because of the pool/buffet/etc on Deck 9. Do I need to worry about noice from Deck 9 in the Aft or is Deck 8 (non corner) Aft better than Deck 7?

Thanks!

Brad

I believe they will still let you book JS staterooms with two people, even though they can hold three. I like the corner because you have one less neighbor.

I believe they will still let you book JS staterooms with two people, even though they can hold three. I like the corner because you have one less neighbor.

Makes sense Bob. I appreciate your help, if we will indulge me with one more question.

Looks like 7150 is over the Diamond lounge and 7650 is over the South Pacific Lounge. Which one would be quieter or will they both be quiet (or noisy)?

Thanks!

Brad

Makes sense Bob. I appreciate your help, if we will indulge me with one more question.

Looks like 7150 is over the Diamond lounge and 7650 is over the South Pacific Lounge. Which one would be quieter or will they both be quiet (or noisy)?

Thanks!

Brad

I doubt there would be much difference, but I'd expect 7650 to be quieter because it is farther from the stage in the lounge below.

Thanks!

Brad

We booked JS 7150 for our 50th anniversary cruise on the Grandeur for Dec. 2015. If I remember, I'll post pictures when I get back. It's a long, long time till then though.:( Hope I don't forget.

Gwen :)

We book the Aft facing JS and love the view. The ones on the 8th floor are larger. We got the measurements from a RC rep one time.

7th floor are 245 sq feet - balcony 78 sq feet

8th floor are 265 sq feet - balcony 102 sq feet

The 8th floor ones are under the salon that is on the 9th. Have not heard any noise.

We have also been in one on 7th floor and didn't mind it. We did hear a little music from the lounge above but it was over before we went to sleep. If we have a choice we pick the 8th floor.

Thanks!

Brad

I'm pretty sure the DL is located in the back of the South Pacific Lounge. I have heard that there is some noise in 7150 but no noise in 7650.

The corner aft JS on deck 7 have larger balconies than the middle aft JS on deck 7 so if you can get a corner go for it.

Edited by dixieva

We just stayed in JS 7152 on the Grandeur Aug 1-8 to Bermuda. Overall a great cabin with great views and a very large balcony. The cabin is exactly the same as 7150 which has a slightly larger corner balcony.

Pros- On the Balcony there were two chairs, two lounge chairs and two tables. Cabin was very quiet - there was no noise coming from the Diamond Lounge above it (closes at 8pm) or the pacific lounge (rarely used at night except for The Quest- but still no noise). The standard JS amenities included with larger bathroom & bathtub/shower. New flat screen TV. Everything was really very nice in general.

Cons- The Grandeur is older and the JS is smaller by almost 50 ft2 than those on the bigger and newer RCI ships. The closet is adequate but not walk-in. The bed is pretty low. We could not fit luggage under it. The wood in the cabin is definitely weathered. The walk to the closest stairs and elevators from the Aft is not too bad compared to larger ships but should still be considered for those that have trouble walking. We definitely smelled fuel in our cabin the first couple of hours after we boarded. It cleared up and it was fine the rest of the week. When the Grandeur pulls out of port you can feel vibration from the aft engines for a few minutes. Nothing once it gets going.

Hope this helps!

We stayed in 7150 on a March 2014 cruise. 7650 and 7150 are the only JS on the Grandeur with walk-in closets. The closet was huge---made a really nice dressing room. We noticed the closet was larger than walk-in we had on JS on Explorer. We didn't notice any noise from below.

However, we noticed that the room did seem a little narrower than the side JS---from a cabin crawl we attended. And, it did not have dining table on balcony which we complained about because we noticed our neighbor had one.

Overall, it was a great cabin and we would certainly book it again in a heartbeat!

Just off GOS and we had aft 8588. Nice location, right under the spa and it was quiet. There is also a shortcut up to Deck 10 using a stairway near #8574 that takes you up to the Spa. Just walk through the spa lobby into the solarium and head towards the Windjammer or pool area.

We just stayed in JS 7152 on the Grandeur Aug 1-8 to Bermuda. Overall a great cabin with great views and a very large balcony. The cabin is adjacent to the corner aft 7150 which has a slightly larger corner balcony and a larger walk-in closet. We could stand at the rail and see partial views on both sides of the ship without much trouble. You could also do this from the corner aft.

On these aft Balconies there are two chairs, two lounge chairs and two tables. Cabin was very quiet - there really was no noise coming from the Diamond Lounge just below it (closes at 8pm) or the pacific lounge (rarely used at night except for The Quest- but still no noise).