Car Rental, Shuttle available from Princess Riverside Lodge in Anchorage for 1 day?

Fan4Fathom

Hi,

We are staying at the Princess Riverside Lodge in Anchorage for 3 nights beginning next weekend before land-cruise portion of our trip begins. We'd like to do alittle shopping at a grocery store beforehand. Does anyone know if a shuttle or reasonably priced car rental is available for a day?

I have searched several websites but haven't found cars for less than $100/day, which sounds steep to me.

Suggestions appreciated.

Are you sure it's not in Fairbanks? I wasn't aware that Princess had a property in Anchorage.

Regardless, you have waited until the last minute so you'll have to pay the going rate. People are reserving cars NOW for next summer in order to get $30-$40 a day. All you can do at this point is to check web sites daily and hope for a last minute deal. Look at the big sites, like expedia, travelocity, etc plus check each vendors site, like enterprise, budget, etc. Rates can change up until the last minute.

if the location is Fairbanks, there's a Fred Meyer store (Kroger) about 1-2 miles from the lodge. It's similar to a Walmart superstore. A taxi wouldn't be too expensive or ask the hotel shuttle driver to drop you off there.

A car for even 1 day would certainly open up some nice sightseeing opportunities. Think about it this way .... $100 for a day's excursion is a deal !

Edited by mapleleaves

As already stated, you are in the wrong city. A car rental is "necessary' in my opinion in Fairbanks. The rates are in line with your late booking. Compare the total costs.

Hopefully you have some activities planned, with your time, you have the opportunity for some great sight seeing options.

There are some fantastic flightseeing options that I highly recommend.

Besides the Fred Meyer, mentioned above, there is a Safeway next door, and on the other side of Fairbanks- a Walmart.

IF you aren't going to rent a car, this lodge may have a shuttle, I suggest you call them direct and inquire, along with hours of service.

Edited by Budget Queen

Yes, my error!! Fairbanks is where we will be for the couple of days. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Helps immensely!

You may find a review by MVPinboynton (I am not sure if I have that name spelled correctly) helpful. They were in Fairbanks at the Riverside Lodge earlier this summer.