What To Wear!?

lilm201

going on carnival valor tomorrow! 17-24th

trying to pack

i looked up the dress code but can someone please explain it to me. using normal descriptions lol

*** is smart casual,they have the worst wording -_- lol

ive packed a Suit for the captains dinner or formal night w.e you want to call it

i was going to pack jeans and a collard shirt for another night but am i allowed to wear that?

will shorts be ok during nights sometimes like cargo shorts

smart casual and casual are just confusing me lol :confused:

My hubby doesn't like to dress up much. Regular nights he wears nice jeans, polo type shirt and nice tennis shoes. Formal nights he wears a button up shirt, tie, dress pants, nice cowboy boots. We see very few dressed super formal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On non Elegant nights, you can wear nice jeans or nice shorts with a nice shirt. Meaning no holes, clean, etc.

On Elegant nights just a pair of nice pants/slacks and a collared shirt. No suit/tie is needed.

During the day, it's a free-for-all.

as far as "smart casual" think of what you would wear to a VERY NICE resort.

for a man khacki dockers and a nice shirt with a collar.

Shorts for dinner probably dont meet the definition.

Do some people wear shorts to dinner? Perhaps, but shorts dont meet the general definition of smart casual.

Before i get slammed, let me say that i LOVE to wear shorts, just not when the dress code request smart casual.

Enjoy your cruise, i would add that dressing up a bit for dinner is part of the fun and makes everything feel a little more special.

Wear kinda what you want, within reason....no wifebeater shirts or cutoffs or flip flops. Nice jeans or shorts with collar shirt perfectly acceptable. I think even nice t-shirts, I've seen.

My husband usually wears suit on elegant night, and slacks (khakis) with polo style shirt the other nights.

Be comfortable and have a great time!!

I stopped bringing a suit a long time ago :D

just went out and bought a nice suit yesterday

first cruise but wont be my last and wont be sailing with carnival everytime so id use it for future cruises as well

I probably dress a little nicer than most men in the evening, but I have gotten over my sloppy phase a long time ago. And DW and I deplore the way that people have regressed to being downright slovenly these days.

In the evening I wear nice slacks and a more dressy Aloha shirt. On Elegant night, I wear my tuxedo.

And the answer is yes, khakis and a nice sweater is acceptable for Elegant night. Acceptable and right are often two different things to my way of thinking.:(

Doc

Edited by DocF
can't type

trying to pack

i looked up the dress code but can someone please explain it to me. using normal descriptions lol

ive packed a Suit for the captains dinner or formal night w.e you want to call it

i was going to pack jeans and a collard shirt for another night but am i allowed to wear that?

What you intend to pack is perfectly fine for elegant and casual nights. You will see many men wearing jeans with polos or cargo shorts on casual nights. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

trying to pack

I just looked on Carnivals page and didn't see smart casual in the wording?

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

as far as "smart casual" think of what you would wear to a VERY NICE resort.

for a man khacki dockers and a nice shirt with a collar.

Shorts for dinner probably dont meet the definition.

Do some people wear shorts to dinner? Perhaps, but shorts dont meet the general definition of smart casual.

Before i get slammed, let me say that i LOVE to wear shorts, just not when the dress code request smart casual.

Enjoy your cruise, i would add that dressing up a bit for dinner is part of the fun and makes everything feel a little more special.

You're in luck with the shorts since Carnival doesn't have smart casual. :)

Bill