Do you put your cruise tags on before your flight?

feedmytummy

A couple other tips I have to share: I buy a small roll of neon duct tape (Walmart carries it), and slap about a 3 inch piece of that on the top and side of my bag to help me quickly identify my bag and reduce the chance of someone else grabbing it by mistake. I also take a photo of my luggage with my cell phone before leaving home. In case the bag does get lost, I have a photo to help describe and identify it.

Have a great cruise.

Good Ideal!!

We got some plastic luggage tag holders made specifically to hold the cruise luggage tags. But we did not put them on until after we landed and collected our luggage. I learned about them here on CC. Just do a search. I think we bought them on Amazon. And they are reusable. :D

We've flown to a port for 10 cruises and have always had our cruise tags on the bag when we've dropped them off at the airport. That way, if our luggage is delayed, they'll know where to take them.

We've never had to replace any of them. We know we can get new tags at the port if we need them.

This is what we do too. It works well for us. It was really helpful in Copenhagen. The airport conveyor carrying luggage from our plane broke down. Representatives from the cruise line were able to get tagged luggage off quicker.

I don't think I would want to spend time lugging luggage around trying to borrow a stapler at the airport.

Is there a designated stapler loaner at each airport?

I'm sorry, I just got a good chuckle out of that statement.

Glad you laugh so easy. Now have another chuckle. My friends put their tags on at the airport and in most airports ground transportations desks are close to luggage pick up and guess what, they have staplers and will even loan you one.(LOL)

Since tags and straps that were sewn onto my luggage have been torn off at airports, we put our luggage tags on AFTER the flight.

If you do choose to put them on before the flight, I would carry spares just in case they are not there when you get your bags at the luggage carousel.

I've never had to fly to a port before a cruise but will be doing so for my next one. So... I was just wondering - do you put your cruise tags on your bag before your flight? Do airlines frown upon this? Or is it actually better because, in case it gets lost, they can contact Carnival if you're already on the ship? Sorry if this is a stupid question....

Put them on if you feel like it. Put another copy in your suitcase in case they get torn off. If you are at a hotel ask them for tape or to borrow a stapler. The porters at the pier can also attach them. I am not packing a stapler! ;)

I've never had to fly to a port before a cruise but will be doing so for my next one. So... I was just wondering - do you put your cruise tags on your bag before your flight? Do airlines frown upon this? Or is it actually better because, in case it gets lost, they can contact Carnival if you're already on the ship? Sorry if this is a stupid question....

I am not sure the airline will let the ship tags stay on if you put them on before the flight.

We always however put ours on at the hotel before we leave for the port(we normally fly in the day before)

I always put mine on before my flight and have never had a problem with the airliines. I buy the adhesive laminated luggage tags at Walmart and when I print my luggage tags I reduce the size to about 75% and they fit perfectly in the purchased luggage tags. Never had one come off and I don't have to mess with a stapler at the hotel. :) Have done this for years with no problem!

Edited by Forchunut1

I have never attached them before my flight. The one time my luggage was lost by the airline they already had the information where to deliver it. It turned out the airline (Air Canada) had an enormous amount of luggage to deliver (fortunately the ship was staying over night until it sailed). I have borrowed a stapler from a transportation desk at an airport. I have also laminated the printed luggage tags and punched a hole in them. Then when I affixed the tags I used twist ties. No stapler needed. Also, I always attach 2 luggage tags (one on the top handle and one on the side handle) in case 1 gets pulled off. I know, what if both get pulled off? ;)